The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
I can't squat as much when I try to stop at parallel, no rebound. Though I might just need more practice at stopping at parallel.
Well Ill be heading down, go 60-70-80-?? to find the right weight again. Ugh, Im never going to get 100+kg on my back
Reply 5982
WTF man? Just get down there and squat the damn thing. Why do you think it was too low?
Reply 5983
Yeah, what SMed said, stop being a batty.
It was painful to hold, my wrists were bending back and taking the weight inspite of having a tight back. Shifting it up a little bit found almost a plateu to rest the bar on. Im pretty sure that it was resting ON my delts rather than on top of them before. Ill get some vids tommorow
Are you retracting your shoulder blades as hard as you can?
Yea, it felt really unstable where it was and looking at pictures/videos around various places i look like I had it way lower than anyone else does
Reply 5987
That's fine, if you want it higher, save your wrists. But don't drop the weight unless you need to.
SMed
I can't squat as much when I try to stop at parallel, no rebound. Though I might just need more practice at stopping at parallel.

I noticed that too.
Right, hopefully I can shove 10/15 kg on this week to get up to around 95/100. Maybe get deadlift to 135
so long as you squat below par its fine, I just can't stand people who squat above and think they're squatting huge weight - that extra few inches makes a massive difference.
commandant
so long as you squat below par its fine, I just can't stand people who squat above and think they're squatting huge weight - that extra few inches makes a massive difference.

That it does. I used to do box 'squats' at a shade above parallel and it totally destroyed my ability to squat properly.
Reply 5992
Anybody looking forward to the Rampage v Evans fight ?
Reply 5993
Seated barbell press with the stands is my new favourite delt exercise because the chair eliminates my need to use my core to stabilize the weight and hence inflates my ego by lifting heavier than I can standing, yay.

Sitting writing 8000 words due to Wednesday, library flex all day today, tomorrow and Tue.
Mmm this guy in the gym showed me a movement where you hold two dumbbells in front of your chest with elbows out as if you're doing a double thumbs-down, and then do a delt-movement upwards while using your tris to pull the weights up and out to lockout.

mofo of a lift, hits delts a bit, but tris and neck get carnage
I suck at lifting weights.
burningnun
I suck at lifting weights.

Agreed :biggrin: !

Best rep comment ever received the other day:

"Holy ******* ****, you look better than most bodybuilding kids and are cock strong with it too whilst eating gingsters and pies. What a hero! You're much bigger and rippped than Adonis without spending copious ammounts of money on steroids, training for 10 years, spending all your time looking at bodybuilding rubbish and are about five times as stronger than his spineless Ethiopian carcass which looks like something used in Oxfam adverts to guilt trip people into donating. I salute you."
LOL....good rep comment.
Reply 5998
3700 words to go on dissertation.

Library till midnight I think yay.
Mr. Fox
Best rep comment ever received the other day:

"Holy ******* ****, you look better than most bodybuilding kids and are cock strong with it too whilst eating gingsters and pies. What a hero! You're much bigger and rippped than Adonis without spending copious ammounts of money on steroids, training for 10 years, spending all your time looking at bodybuilding rubbish and are about five times as stronger than his spineless Ethiopian carcass which looks like something used in Oxfam adverts to guilt trip people into donating. I salute you."

Haha, epic stuff.

Latest