The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SMed
How about now?

Yeah, good progress already [no homo]. A couple of weeks and itll be time for "THIS IS SPARTA". :smile:
Reply 1581
My beard-growing ability has always been a bit non-existing. I'll see how it goes this time.
Merry Christmas fellas!
Reply 1583
Guys, i'm seriously developing man boobs, even my mum has commented now. I know I need to lose bodyfat, but can I switch the bench in my SS program to incline?? I've never really done incline before and I could do with developing my upper pecs, besides, my biceps most likely take some of the weight on standard bench.

It's annoying that my legs don't really have any fat at all, but my torso is like Michelin Man. Solution, anybody?
Reply 1584
Arteta
Guys, i'm seriously developing man boobs, even my mum has commented now. I know I need to lose bodyfat, but can I switch the bench in my SS program to incline?? I've never really done incline before and I could do with developing my upper pecs, besides, my biceps most likely take some of the weight on standard bench.

It's annoying that my legs don't really have any fat at all, but my torso is like Michelin Man. Solution, anybody?

be careful of that statement.

differentiate between 'having excess fat' and 'any fat at all' as I doubt you have striated quads and man boobs.
Reply 1585
Merry Christmassssss.

Worked though so much sticky b last night that today it feels like I'm in a constant day dream. Drinking coffee to sort that out.

Epic Christmas dinner, just ate a full bag of cadbury's buttons too.
Reply 1586
Adonis
be careful of that statement.

differentiate between 'having excess fat' and 'any fat at all' as I doubt you have striated quads and man boobs.

Well yeah, of course i'm exaggerating.

It doesn't matter if by traditional standards they're considered fat or f I really have man boobs.The problem is that to me (and a few others) it's apparent that I do have them, and in comparison to say my legs, it's a disproportionate amount of fat. Everybody has a body type, and it just so happens that my body likes to distribute my fat around my torso. It also happens that I have barely any pecs, and it just makes my boobage appear flabby, even though sometimes I can see abs.

I need to sort this out. My physio friend recommended I do some incline work to do the upper pecs,as it seems obvious i've never really done this.Maybe i'll experience some newbie growth? And maybe it'll help my actual bench? I'm assuming this though.

What's the deal, guys?
SMed
How about now?

Very itchy looking beard there.
Arteta

It doesn't matter if by traditional standards they're considered fat or f I really have man boobs.The problem is that to me (and a few others) it's apparent that I do have them, and in comparison to say my legs, it's a disproportionate amount of fat. Everybody has a body type, and it just so happens that my body likes to distribute my fat around my torso. It also happens that I have barely any pecs, and it just makes my boobage appear flabby, even though sometimes I can see abs.

I need to sort this out. My physio friend recommended I do some incline work to do the upper pecs,as it seems obvious i've never really done this.Maybe i'll experience some newbie growth? And maybe it'll help my actual bench? I'm assuming this though.

What's the deal, guys?

lol

Just sort your diet out. If you're getting fat it's your diet that is to fault. GOMAD isn't for everyone. If you have to be really anal about your diet, well, you gotta do what you gotta do, although sucks to be you.
Reply 1589
Left 4 Dead 2 rulez 4 lyf.

Also yeah incline bench > flat bench for developing swole chest (for me anyway). Not huge incline just like 30 degrees.

Also do incline DB flies, cable crossovers also.

These make my overall chest grow, flat bench never did (except DB)
I never once got a sore chest from flat bench. I did get clicky shoulders and over worked shoulders and triceps, though. Flat bench is overrated for anyone who isn't a powerlifter. Kinda sad that it is the default test of manhood nowadays.
Reply 1591
Arteta

What's the deal, guys?

it's a fat issue

more specifically an estrogen issue, so reduce estrogen levels and lose fat to remove it from the boobs area.
Reply 1592
Dave Tate
"How much do you bench?"

Raw, Single Ply or Double Ply?

Tested or Not Tested?

One Board, Two Board, Three Board or Four Board?

Close Grip, Medium or Wide?

if you keep asking questions, they will finally give up.

This.
Reply 1593
Just got warned for avoiding swear filter, the mods are onto us, fellas.
Reply 1594
Yeah, I've probably got a few more coming. I don't think it will tip me over 15.
Reply 1596
Smack
lol

Just sort your diet out. If you're getting fat it's your diet that is to fault. GOMAD isn't for everyone. If you have to be really anal about your diet, well, you gotta do what you gotta do, although sucks to be you.

Well that's my aim for this Christmas,to finally sort out the diet situation. I'll be needing help from you guys at some point though to refine it.

Adonis
it's a fat issue

more specifically an estrogen issue, so reduce estrogen levels and lose fat to remove it from the boobs area.

Well how can I reduce oestrogen levels? This had crossed my mind before, that perhaps I have too much oestrogen, but I don't see where it would come from.

Maybe i've been hanging around with girls too long now, and i'm starting to grow boobs. Haha.

Are there any foods that give you a lot of oestrogen? and can I boost testosterone?
Reply 1597
You could block estrogen receptors by taking 20mg nolva a day.

But you could prolly just cut.
Reply 1598
Arteta
Well how can I reduce oestrogen levels? This had crossed my mind before, that perhaps I have too much oestrogen, but I don't see where it would come from.

Maybe i've been hanging around with girls too long now, and i'm starting to grow boobs. Haha.

Are there any foods that give you a lot of oestrogen? and can I boost testosterone?

You could stop watching Gossip Girl for a start. That'll fix that :snow::snow::snow::snow: in a hurry.
Reply 1599
FluxD
You could block estrogen receptors by taking 20mg nolva a day.

But you could prolly just cut.

Cut might not be worth it if he's not at a decent weight though. Nolva's a good idea, but it's probably better for him to clean up the diet and keep on with the weights to up his muscle mass and then cut in a few months.

Also my :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: back hurts so much, I can't even sit up on a chair properly 'cause it hurts too much. :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: dubstep did this to me.

Latest