Turn on thread page Beta

Seperate Science Physics on wednesday AQA watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone all prepareD? Tomorrow is pure revision! I think i'm sorted. Only thing i hate is potential dividers. I have to concentrate so much!

ReputationRep:
    i hate earth and beyond. its pure memorisation...i just cant get them into my head

ReputationRep:
    I hate all of it. Infact, i should go revise now!

I hate physics ahhhh!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    lol im revising it 2moro after hist...

ReputationRep:
    help!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive hardly done any revision at all!!!!!!!! its been toooooo hot

ReputationRep:
    I've done a bit of revision, tomorrow night, after my 3 hours sleep and history exam I am going to have to do some SERIOUS cramming, equations, life cycles of stars, learn how generators motors and dynamos work (we haven't even been taught it) and memorise like EVERYTHING... I hope the boundaries are low and the exams easy (doubt it) this year.. I really want an A.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to revise, I've to make 150 miles journey to swindon to sit this Exam!!!!! Whats special about potencial divider? Isn't just plug values and solve?

charikaar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I've done a bit of revision, tomorrow night, after my 3 hours sleep and history exam I am going to have to do some SERIOUS cramming, equations, life cycles of stars, learn how generators motors and dynamos work (we haven't even been taught it) and memorise like EVERYTHING... I hope the boundaries are low and the exams easy (doubt it) this year.. I really want an A.

Wish you get an A. I am after C since I only opened physics book last friday for the first time lol. I will do all the maths related questions First!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'l be OK. Being last exam all Phys has been pushed out of my head by the other subjects though :/

Only thing i hate is potential dividers. I have to concentrate so much!
    They're easy when you remembe the rule:

in a series circuit voltages are shared

So if you have a series circuit with two resistors, one twice as powerful as the other, then the voltage over the one twice as powerful will be 2/3 of the total voltage. The v-out and 0- lines are really just measuring the voltage over 1 resistor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)
    I think I'l be OK. Being last exam all Phys has been pushed out of my head by the other subjects though :/

They're easy when you remembe the rule:

in a series circuit voltages are shared

So if you have a series circuit with two resistors, one twice as powerful as the other, then the voltage over the one twice as powerful will be 2/3 of the total voltage. The v-out and 0- lines are really just measuring the voltage over 1 resistor.

To simplify: V1 ∞1/V2

ReputationRep:
    Ahh potential dividers... all I remmeber is Vout = Vin X R2 / (R1 + R2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Ahh potential dividers... all I remmeber is Vout = Vin X R2 / (R1 + R2)

This formula don't need to be memorised, You only need to know how to use it. Just remember the diagram there are two R2 and one R1. I rember like Rbottom, Rbottom, Rtop.

charikaar

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.