Turn on thread page Beta

help me!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i know this hasn't got any-thing to do with school and what ever! but i need some advice from some-one other than myself!!! i go out with this lad (no names mentioned!) and i dont love him! ive been with him for just under a year and i have no feelings fo him at all! but i dont wana split up with him and hurt him! but i like other people!!! help!!! x x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    i know this hasn't got any-thing to do with school and what ever! but i need some advice from some-one other than myself!!! i go out with this lad (no names mentioned!) and i dont love him! ive been with him for just under a year and i have no feelings fo him at all! but i dont wana split up with him and hurt him! but i like other people!!! help!!! x x x x
    You're going to have to break it to him gently - don't deceive him by pretending that you have feelings for him that aren't there. That's just not good for either of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    You're going to have to break it to him gently - don't deceive him by pretending that you have feelings for him that aren't there. That's just not good for either of you
    Make him leave you

ReputationRep:
    i think you should finish with *** and go with **** ****** it doesnt matter that **** ' * already been there!she smeels! lv ya x x x x x x

ReputationRep:
    i mean smells x x x x

ReputationRep:
    i know wot u mean, but its not always that simple! i went out with a lad before this one and i didn't even think of being with another bloke but i just felt isolated, so i finished it!! i reallly dont wana go out with this bloke now, i keep telling myself that if i did love him, i woudn't wana be meeting other lads and texting them!! and he's just spent loads on me for christmas!!! help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i think you should finish with *** and go with **** ****** it doesnt matter that **** ' * already been there!she smeels! lv ya x x x x x x
    i know i should! do u wana do it for me? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Make him leave you
    and how do i do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    and how do i do that?
    stop washing

ReputationRep:
    ive tried that, it dunt work!! any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    [ :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    [ :confused:
    Just be honest and tell him it's not working out and you want to move on.

ReputationRep:
    good idea! u all amke it sound so easy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy, better to tell the guy now than wait. I know its going to be hard and noone wants to hurt someone else, but its better now than later. Try the tactful why ???? Im sorry, but I just dont feel any love for you, I like you as a friend and value your friendship, but I cant be in a more personal relationship with you

ReputationRep:
    i can see where your comihng from! i just need a little self confidence boost and ive got to do it!! sometimes, sont you just wish you could start all over again???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    i can see where your comihng from! i just need a little self confidence boost and ive got to do it!! sometimes, sont you just wish you could start all over again???
    It is hard but once you get it over with you'll feel so much better, no more stress worrying how to tell him and so on. You said it's been almost a year, you could always tell him you just are not ready for such a serious relationship or something along those lines, just don't lead him on into thinking there's still a chance.

ReputationRep:
    im guna do it! (well try!) i have tryd finishing it before! he started crying! and i felt sorry for him and took him back!! ive really got to start being mean! i just wana keep ever-one happy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    im guna do it! (well try!) i have tryd finishing it before! he started crying! and i felt sorry for him and took him back!! ive really got to start being mean! i just wana keep ever-one happy!!
    i was in EXACTLY the same position as u this time last year!!!!
    just under a year, just before christmas etc. i had no feelings for him at all, and wanid 2 meet other lads. i handled it wrong tho i think....i made us get into an argument, then i blew it out of proportion and ended it, but he knew wot id done and he made me be honest, so i told him that i didnt love him anymore. it does REALLY hurt at the time, cos i HATE hurting people but in the end, it really does have to be done. Make sure he knows theres no chance of getting back together though. the lad i was with didnt seem to grasp this concept lol.

godd luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know its not going to be easy, yet the longer you leave it the harder its going to be, noone ever said relationships were going to be easy, love is built up of many things and you at least need a combination of them to work at. If all else fails write him a letter and tell him how you feel, at least your being honest that way

ReputationRep:
    thank u so much! that has been such an eye opener!! i know i shoudn't keep him hanging because he's probabley going to get more and more attached. i just feel so nasty! but i keep telling myself, its for the best!! if i really did have feelings for him, i woudn't be meeting new people and texting them. i need to have a sit down and think! how am i guna do this without sounding like a compleate *** hole!! how did the bloke react when you told him? i hate life!!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.