Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else int he same position, where they are nervous about Phycis, becuase they think it may bring their overall science grades down to a D overall? I got a D in Physics in my Mock, but a C in Science overall, but that didn't include my awful physics coursework. I really need to get my tow grades at C, as it means the difference between A levels at school, and A-Levels at College.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i totally feel the same, physics is the worst subject ever, it spoils everything... i got a c in my mock... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i def agree wit u, and it makes me crazier coz i chooze to do physics for ma a levels

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand how you must all be feeling right now..... Physics is a very hard subject to start with, but when you understand the basics, it becomes a bit easier. When i was sitting my GCSE's, i used to sit at the back bench, always ignored the teacher and thought it was ****, but looking back now, i see that this was not a very good way of doing things...

The best way for you all to pass Physics is to put in the effort and dedication to gain the grade. I know you may say, 'its easier said than done', but this is totally wrong. Every time you look at your exercise book when revising, you take in a little bit of knowledge. Every time you say to yourself, 'i want to pass Physics' and go revise in a quiet location, you will get at least one mark better. Every time you say, 'i am smart, i can do this', you will be able to do absolutely anything. If you put in the effort, you will get the rewards.

Coursework, i cant really help you in passing, just to say that you should follow the guidelines set by your teacher, and to do some extended work related to the subject.

If you require any help in the physics coursework, feel free to ask me, i would be more than happy to help you acheive your full potential

Good luck with Physics, i hope your hard work does pay off

ReputationRep:
    Im with you all... i hate physics and am really worried about not getting a good grade on wednesday!!

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same..I got a D in the mock too, but my coursework managed to bump it upto a C. I got 29 out of 30, so I guess I'm kind of relying on it to get me through the exam! I've done a lot of revision since then though, so hopefully that'll have an impact on my final grade!

ReputationRep:
    i love physics it really makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StriatedCentipe)
    i love physics it really makes sense
    thats right its the best subject ever

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Physics is great. The only thing is, its one of those subjects which one can't just remember things. If you understand what is going on, just think, what ever question they ask you, you don't have to know the direct answer to THAT question, you can simply derive the answer from your understanding.

Also, because there is a lot of maths involved, it does really help if you are good at maths.

(However, I do believe that GCSE Papers are too wordy and still manage not to relate the physics to real life situations. Quite an achievement really!)

ReputationRep:
    Hm...physics is a bit - not straightforward it you know what I mean. You have to learn so many formulae and theories and then understand them completely to apply them into different situations. Quite a mouthful, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    Hm...physics is a bit - not straightforward it you know what I mean. You have to learn so many formulae and theories and then understand them completely to apply them into different situations. Quite a mouthful, I'd say.
    not at GCSE lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dont like physics but ad im taking sciences seperatly its not going to affect my biology or chemistry grades so i should be ok

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that I cant see the problem with physics - its perfectly straightforward (almost by definition). There arent many formulae to know for GCSE (not for me anyway), and since I do modular the harder ones like power are behind me and I dont need them again.

I agree that you cant just remember things, but I try to understand why they happen because with understanding you can work it out again with ease.

ReputationRep:
    Tip - make sure you learn all the formulas off by heart, then thats nearly half of the marks already There are normally lots of calculations, and they're easy marks to pick up if you know the formulas and how to apply them.

ReputationRep:
    Based on past papers what topics are likely to come up--and what won't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    I dont like physics but ad im taking sciences seperatly its not going to affect my biology or chemistry grades so i should be ok
    Same for me - that's why I'm very glad my school makes us do the Triple Science award!

ReputationRep:
    Based on past papers what topics are likely to come up-and what won't?
    They're all fairly equally likely, but i think electricity and electro-magnetism comes up often, as does space/the universe. But in physics there are very few topics anyway, so they'll probably all come up Sorry i wasn't much help.

ReputationRep:
    I love Physics! As long as you know the formulae it should be ok, because it's normally easy enough to just work out the answer from the ways in which the components of the formulae interact.....i'm more worried about Biology cos u have to actually remember stuff, whereas Physics is more about applying logic....tho i would recommend understanding everything cos then it's harder to forget stuff- it just makes sense and can be applied easily!

ReputationRep:
    i hate physics. it might bring my grade down. im supposed to get a AA so i have to work hard. chemistry is the easiest science.

ReputationRep:
    Lol that's exactly why I don't love physics - it requires too much logic which I don't have! And easy?! I get so confused when it comes to electric circuits and crap and also interference and reasonance i dont understand one bit! Any help would be vraiment appreciated.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.