* Name: Oldy

*Where are you from:Notts

*What are you going to be studying at Uni:Multimedia

*Dislikes:soap in my eyes

*Single/Attached:Attached

*Fave film: lots

*Fave band/artist: errrr lots again

ReputationRep:
    Hey im staying in Victoria Halls too - cant wait! Didnt realise but the contract starts from Sept 18th, so when are u all gonna move in? I might move in a bit before Oct3rd which will be easy coz im from Notts! You moving in bit earlier too Amzy/oldy?

Anyway back to the more interesting stuff

*Name: Liz/Lib/Libby - whatever takes your fancy!

*Where are you from: Notts

*What are you going to be studying at Uni: Construction Management

*Dislikes: early mornings, animals, being poor!

*Single/attached: Attached

*Fave film: unknown

*Fave film/art: mostly rock stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby227)
    Hey im staying in Victoria Halls too - cant wait! Didnt realise but the contract starts from Sept 18th, so when are u all gonna move in? I might move in a bit before Oct3rd which will be easy coz im from Notts! You moving in bit earlier too Amzy/oldy?

Anyway back to the more interesting stuff

*Name: Liz/Lib/Libby - whatever takes your fancy!

*Where are you from: Notts

*What are you going to be studying at Uni: Construction Management

*Dislikes: early mornings, animals, being poor!

*Single/attached: Attached

*Fave film: unknown

*Fave film/art: mostly rock stuff

hI LIBBY, No i was going to do that then realised wait everyone else in my flat wil ahve moved in and i don't want to be left out of meet n greets etc, and asinging jobs in kitchens and stuff!
    OR FRESHERES WEEK! be easier to be in town than at home for it , much more convieent.

Seeing a you liek rock music i'm guessing you're a fan of , ROCK CITY, COOKIE CLUB, RESCUE ROOMS etc???

if anyone wants to add me.... [email protected]

xx cheers xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeh seem to have spent many a million night in city, rescue rooms and cookie club, so me thinks we should organise some good nights out there with others!! Ive added you, and if anybody wants to add me - [email protected]!

p.s i looked round Victoria today - its really nice!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh seem to have spent many a million night in city, rescue rooms and cookie club, so me thinks we should organise some good nights out there with others!! Ive added you, and if anybody wants to add me - [email protected]!

p.s i looked round Victoria today - its really nice!

WOOO VICTORIA HALLS TRIP TO ROCK CITY!
    lol

im moving in on the 18th just to get away from home!!

anyone had any confermation back yet or room numbers or owt? i havnet yet but they have taken my money!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxoldyxxx)
    WOOO VICTORIA HALLS TRIP TO ROCK CITY!
    lol

im moving in on the 18th just to get away from home!!

anyone had any confermation back yet or room numbers or owt? i havnet yet but they have taken my money!!!

i can see i'm gonna liek u people! oldy feel free to add em , everyone else has!

Nope i ain't either, they've taken my money too! (well my mums) :rolleyes:

As fror room numbers etc , no idea i wanna know it's only 4 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I was just look arounf the Accomodation. And didn't see Victoria on their website....what others good ones are there...eg. modern...have internet connection and ensuite..in rooms???? Probz most of u have assumed that I had this offer through clearing and now am waiting to be released so I can confirm this offer?????

Any advice ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bond007)
    I was just look arounf the Accomodation. And didn't see Victoria on their website....what others good ones are there...eg. modern...have internet connection and ensuite..in rooms???? Probz most of u have assumed that I had this offer through clearing and now am waiting to be released so I can confirm this offer?????

Any advice ???

Victoria Halls, is a private accomidation, it is not part of NTU! the website is....

Victoria HAll Websit

ReputationRep:
    Im going to check out the halls 2moro, i no its kinda dumb that i havent already but judging by what ive heard from friends and u guys, sounds really cool..

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the tenancy agreement for Victoria (it came through this morning wooohh!) Anyway there are some really dodgy things in there lol! Like your not allowed to stick ANYTHING on the wall even with blu tac, how unhomely is it gonna feel ! And also the landlord keeps £100 of the security deposit - robbing ******!!

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the tenancy agreement for Victoria (it came through this morning wooohh!) Anyway there are some really dodgy things in there lol! Like your not allowed to stick ANYTHING on the wall even with blu tac, how unhomely is it gonna feel ! And also the landlord keeps £100 of the security deposit - robbing ******!!
    yeah i know! i thought of a way around the whoel not sticking things up thing!

get loadsa cheap frames that you can just prop up aroudn the walls/on ya desk! i'm filling mine with pictures, n painting them bright colours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amzybaby24)
    yeah i know! i thought of a way around the whoel not sticking things up thing!

get loadsa cheap frames that you can just prop up aroudn the walls/on ya desk! i'm filling mine with pictures, n painting them bright colours!
    i was speaking to someone who stayed there last year and they had posters up and victoria halls didnt seem to mind too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxoldyxxx)
    i was speaking to someone who stayed there last year and they had posters up and victoria halls didnt seem to mind too much

awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Does Victoria Hall have internet facilities within the rooms?

Stupid question but i cant find anything on the site.

Thanks guys,

AJ

ReputationRep:
    Im moving in to victioria halls on the 18th, do you know where there is a decent place for indie and alternative rock for the freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    AJ2003 - internet is not included in the price of the halls but is def available. There are 3 types of packages (i think offering just 3 different speeds) at £150/£200/£250!
    From memory those are the prices but they might be slighty less!

Chachi - yeh nottingham has some great places, the three main clubs are Rock city/Rescue Rooms and Cookie club. And theres also loads of bars that play it - Speakeasy/Horn in the Hand/The Social etc. Me, amzy and oldy seem to be regulars there so we can prob show you, there awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chachi)
    Im moving in to victioria halls on the 18th, do you know where there is a decent place for indie and alternative rock for the freshers week.

i know lots!!!

ReputationRep:
    AJ2003 - internet is not included in the price of the halls but is def available. There are 3 types of packages (i think offering just 3 different speeds) at £150/£200/£250!
    From memory those are the prices but they might be slighty less!

Chachi - yeh nottingham has some great places, the three main clubs are Rock city/Rescue Rooms and Cookie club. And theres also loads of bars that play it - Speakeasy/Horn in the Hand/The Social etc. Me, amzy and oldy seem to be regulars there so we can prob show you, there awesome!

wooo hoo can't wait libby n oldy, talk to you all soon i'm going to york for 3 days!

ReputationRep:
    woo at least someone else is moving in on the 18th to keep me company!!

ReputationRep:
    Also where abouts in comparison to the other halls of residence is Victoria Halls located?

As at the moment i'm only being offered Meridian Court and the Maltings. I would like something closer to the city to be honest. PLus the 2 i mentioned above are pretty crap in my opinion, lol.

Also on the map i noticed Victoria Hall is near to St Ann Well Road or something like that. :eek: Just out of interest is Victoria Hall anywhere near St Ann's?

Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.