Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Victoria is about a 10/15min walk from the Nottingham Trent buildings, including the city NTU accommodation and about a 5min walk from the city. It is on the edge of St Anns, but it really is the edge, and the security is that good i wouldnt worry about that.

If you want to live in the city i think this is prob the only chance you'l get unless you want to live in a small private flat/house sharing with 2nd or 3rd years. And your right Meridian and the Maltings aren't that great.

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll be booking it anyway, thanks for your help. Hopefully see you guys about

It's just you hear so much about St Anns being really bad you think twice before even thinking about being on the edge of it. Ahh well, St Anns is one way and Trent Uni is the other way. So it's not like i have to walk through there.

ReputationRep:
    I know what u mean, but im sure we'll all be ok, do you think they do pocket sized baseball bats ? oh and i really must stock up on my cs spray!

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I've sent my application form off anyway. Hopefully by tomorrow i'll be confirmed into Victoria Halls.

Thanks guys, i wouldn't have found a place had someone not posted a link to the place. I would've ended up in crappy Meridian Court or The Maltings, lol.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone book online? just wondered how long it was before you found out if you had got a room or not. i put the details in just now and it says 'your order will be processed shortly' but im damn impatient! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    did anyone book online? just wondered how long it was before you found out if you had got a room or not. i put the details in just now and it says 'your order will be processed shortly' but im damn impatient! lol
    i think that booking online thing is for summer time accomodation. you know when the students go home for summer they let out the rooms to whoever for the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i booked it online 2 days ago, i sent it at about 6pm and the following day at about 10:30am i got an e-mail asking to confirm the price for full payment and that they would process it that day, also they'll want you to fill out a paper version of the application.

ReputationRep:
    Internet connections in rooms seems like a bit of a rip off.. well, a lot of a rip off.

Does anyone know if we do actually find out our room number beforehand or is it a turn-up-and-get-allocated-a-room kinda thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brocken)
    Internet connections in rooms seems like a bit of a rip off.. well, a lot of a rip off.

Does anyone know if we do actually find out our room number beforehand or is it a turn-up-and-get-allocated-a-room kinda thing?
    interent is a right skank here. u can get faster connections from bt for cheaper but they dont allow it. its theirs or nothing. as for the room allications i have no idea. i guess they will send us something out soon so we know

ReputationRep:
    I have sent victoria hall an e-mail about the costs of the internet access and this is what they had to say:

The internet packages are separate from what you have already paid. At the
    moment another company is taking over our internet so the prices aren't a
    hundred percent confirmed. When you move in we will be able to give you a
    bit more information about it.

So they could be putting up the prices and there connection speed is S**t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blakey)
    Hi, i booked it online 2 days ago, i sent it at about 6pm and the following day at about 10:30am i got an e-mail asking to confirm the price for full payment and that they would process it that day, also they'll want you to fill out a paper version of the application.
    well i booked it about 9am this morning, so hopefully i should hear something tommorow? what kinda room did you chose? i just want to get this sorted now, i don't want to be a jobless, homeless poor student lol i've also come round to the idea of living in halls too...*runs off to change sig* haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I've just cancelled my St Peters Court room and i'm now in Victoria Hall (Thank God!!). I had a look around 2day and its looks really good - for anyone worrying about St. Anns its hardly in that area, only about a 3 or 4 min walk from Victoria Centre/10mins from NTU. So, here's my info - can't wait to see everyone! :

* Name: James

*Where are you from:Loughborough

*What are you going to be studying at Uni: LLB Law (3yrs)

*Likes: Music (Soul/Rnb - Mary J Blige anyone?), Shopping (obv).

*Dislikes: Being tired

*Single/Attached: Single....all the time

*Fave film: Don't really watch films tbh, big TV fan (Lost, Desperate HW's, Sex and the city...)

*Fave band/artist: Mary J Blige, Jaguar Wright, Jill Scott, Angie Stone....heard of them right?...

Anyway, if everyone's moving in the 18th I think I might too, don't wanna miss out on druken nights out !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chachi)
    I have sent victoria hall an e-mail about the costs of the internet access and this is what they had to say:

The internet packages are separate from what you have already paid. At the
    moment another company is taking over our internet so the prices aren't a
    hundred percent confirmed. When you move in we will be able to give you a
    bit more information about it.

So they could be putting up the prices and there connection speed is S**t.
    How ****?

What type of speed are we talking?

I read somewhere that there are 3 packages. One is £150 a year, other is £200 a eyar and the last one is £250 a year. Just wondering what type of speed roughly.

ReputationRep:
    I asked the same questions when they showed me around the place, whats the speeds etc, and that manager dude gave me exactly the same answer as in that email above. "Another company is currently taking over our internet facilities and so the prices and speeds have yet to be confirmed" - blah blah blah, bullocks.

Im still in shock that a company can possibly charge £250 for internet access for a year, do we get a free laptop with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libby227)
    I asked the same questions when they showed me around the place, whats the speeds etc, and that manager dude gave me exactly the same answer as in that email above. "Another company is currently taking over our internet facilities and so the prices and speeds have yet to be confirmed" - blah blah blah, bullocks.

Im still in shock that a company can possibly charge £250 for internet access for a year, do we get a free laptop with that?

its not even for a full year and it says that it might get slower at busy periods etc. Also says something about that file sharing programs such as kazza and bearshare will be made a lesser priority.

ReputationRep:
    why haven't i heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    wooooooooooooooo yeyyyyyyyyyyy i gave them a call and its all sorted

ReputationRep:
    this is me...

* Name: amy, but most people call me tate

*Where are you from: nottingham

*What are you going to be studying at Uni: fine art

*Likes: art (obviously!) music, fashion, shopping (lots), partying hard, alfred (he's my laptop) crisps, shoooooesssss! spongebob, frogs, barry M make up, snuggles, monsterism, vice magazine, socks and unsuall lighting.

*Dislikes: spiders (its less of a dislike more of a compleat and utter extreme fear of) wind (it messes with my hair) being ill, chavs, sushi and friends, sunday night tv and diet versions of lovely sugary drinks.

*Single/Attached: Single.

*Fave film: maybe, a clockwork orange. no wait! ferris buellers day off!

*Fave band/artist: ive got such a wide taste in music, i love the super furry animals, belle and sebastian and the futureheads but i spend quite a bit of time in Stealth, Garvey and Blueprint, so i listen to a fair bit of brakebeat and stuff, i don't really listen to it on my own at home tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tate)
    this is me...

* Name: amy, but most people call me tate

*Where are you from: nottingham

*What are you going to be studying at Uni: fine art

*Likes: art (obviously!) music, fashion, shopping (lots), partying hard, alfred (he's my laptop) crisps, shoooooesssss! spongebob, frogs, barry M make up, snuggles, monsterism, vice magazine, socks and unsuall lighting.

*Dislikes: spiders (its less of a dislike more of a compleat and utter extreme fear of) wind (it messes with my hair) being ill, chavs, sushi and friends, sunday night tv and diet versions of lovely sugary drinks.

*Single/Attached: Single.

*Fave film: maybe, a clockwork orange. no wait! ferris buellers day off!

*Fave band/artist: ive got such a wide taste in music, i love the super furry animals, belle and sebastian and the futureheads but i spend quite a bit of time in Stealth, Garvey and Blueprint, so i listen to a fair bit of brakebeat and stuff, i don't really listen to it on my own at home tho...

Hey another Amy lol, god there's too amny from notts! quite a lsit of likes/dislkies there amy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amzybaby24)
    Hey another Amy lol, god there's too amny from notts! quite a lsit of likes/dislkies there amy lol
    yeah, theres amy's all over the place, i'm gonna stick to being called tate so its ot too confusing lol, as for the likes/dislikes, i had time on my hands lol
    so what kinda room did people go for? delux or single?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.