Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe this, I'm becoming so obsessed with UCAS offers (or the lack of) that they're invading my dreams. Last night I dreamt that Durham gave me an offer that I could start my course when I was 33 years old after having lots of gap years, because I didn't have enough experience to handle the course at degree level. Eugh, maybe I feel too immature for university or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I don't believe this, I'm becoming so obsessed with UCAS offers (or the lack of) that they're invading my dreams. Last night I dreamt that Durham gave me an offer that I could start my course when I was 33 years old after having lots of gap years, because I didn't have enough experience to handle the course at degree level. Eugh, maybe I feel too immature for university or something.
    my sister didnt feel as though she shud be going to uni b4 she started - she said she still felt like a school girl and dint know if she could cope with it. but after a few weeks she adapted, and i dont like her anymore. shes to motherly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    my sister didnt feel as though she shud be going to uni b4 she started - she said she still felt like a school girl and dint know if she could cope with it. but after a few weeks she adapted, and i dont like her anymore. shes to motherly.
    LOL i still feel like I should be at primary school sometimes
    i miss playdoh

ReputationRep:
    lol.... you are not the only 1 .. i check my UCAS application mon -fri ... 3 times a day .. check my post and ..can't wait to 2 get 2 more replies and thats it!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow is that what applying to uni is like.

When I was in 6th form I didnt bother because I just wanted a job. A year later, bored of office work, I casually turned up 2 weeks before term started and asked if I could have a go - they said yes

ReputationRep:

I'm going to uni at 27! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh why did you have to drag this thread up! I don't even remember making it...and it's in the wrong section.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a lot of gap years

ReputationRep:
    Eugh, maybe I feel too immature for university or something.
    You seem it

ReputationRep:
    Most people will be experiencing troublesome times between this very nerve-racking gap period between end of exams and results day, its perfectly normal. I remember having a week of pure worry and doubt, barly ate, slept etc (rents were also on holiday so i was alone in my house).

You'll get over it no probs though, just try to relax and do things to take your mind of it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    You seem it
    Oh yeah, especially now I've turned 18 - I've regressed

ReputationRep:
    Oh why did you have to drag this thread up! I don't even remember making it...and it's in the wrong section.
    AWWWWWWWW! lol! I hope you at least enjoyed the gap years in your dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    Most people will be experiencing troublesome times between this very nerve-racking gap period between end of exams and results day, its perfectly normal. I remember having a week of pure worry and doubt, barly ate, slept etc (rents were also on holiday so i was alone in my house).

You'll get over it no probs though, just try to relax and do things to take your mind of it all.
    Thanks for that, and UKL is effective for taking my mind off results day - as long as I avoid the academic/university section

LOL i still feel like I should be at primary school sometimes
    i miss playdoh
    Oh yeah that stuff is yummy.

My sister has had 6/6 rejections, i often mock her for it, and the fact shes failed her driving test both times - i'm a very supportive brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)

My sister has had 6/6 rejections, i often mock her for it, and the fact shes failed her driving test both times - i'm a very supportive brother.
    Ouch It turned out alright for me in the end - I got 6/6 offers, now I just have to meet the highest one.
    Lol at least your sister tried - I can't be bothered getting proper lessons, there's much more fun things I could be doing with my time *ponders*

ReputationRep:

Wow - a few of my friends were equally unlucky and I feel really sorry for them What course/unis was she applying for?
    And the very best people pass their driving test 3rd time anyway!

Ouch It turned out alright for me in the end - I got 6/6 offers, now I just have to meet the highest one.
    Lol at least your sister tried - I can't be bothered getting proper lessons, there's much more fun things I could be doing with my time *ponders*
    Well my sister got A,B,B that's why, so she's retaking loads of stuff to try and get at least A,A,B. I'm going to Cambridge when i'm older though!

My sister has been unlucky to be fair, on test one she only had 7 minors but one major and so failed, the second time she was failed for going 2mph too fast at one point, she's trying again on Thursday and is getting nervous, my mockery isn't really helping.

Oh and if you think talking to me on UKL is more important then learning to drive i'm worried about you, very worried.

(Original post by slowjamz)
    Wow - a few of my friends were equally unlucky and I feel really sorry for them What course/unis was she applying for?
    And the very best people pass their driving test 3rd time anyway!
    I don't know all of them, a couple are York and Exeter...i really don't care much so long as she goes to one that's far from Bath.

I think she'll pass her driving test on Thursday, i might even muster a good luck before it.

ReputationRep:
    Well my sister got A,B,B that's why, so she's retaking loads of stuff to try and get at least A,A,B. I'm going to Cambridge when i'm older though!

My sister has been unlucky to be fair, on test one she only had 7 minors but one major and so failed, the second time she was failed for going 2mph too fast at one point, she's trying again on Thursday and is getting nervous, my mockery isn't really helping.

Oh and if you think talking to me on UKL is more important then learning to drive i'm worried about you, very worried.
    I need AAB for Durham, thank god I wasn't posting much here during my exams.
    That's a naive assumption, I didn't even mention UKL before I'm putting driving off until after uni when I might be able to afford the lessons.

I need AAB for Durham, thank god I wasn't posting much here during my exams.
    That's a naive assumption, I didn't even mention UKL before I'm putting driving off until after uni when I might be able to afford the lessons.
    Clever girl, maybe if i want to go to Cambridge i should do maths and advanced maths instead of law and sociology, hmmmm, i might just go to a different uni, i hate maths.

I think that when school starts i'll have to start worrying about how much time i spend on UKL, my posting may rapidly decrease, work comes first. *Geeky smilie*

My daddy says i need to learn how to drive as soon as i turn 17 because it's very important, though i don't like the idea of driving in a years time.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.