Uni Nightmares watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Thats a lot of gap years
    more of a gap decade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Clever girl, maybe if i want to go to Cambridge i should do maths and advanced maths instead of law and sociology, hmmmm, i might just go to a different uni, i hate maths.

I think that when school starts i'll have to start worrying about how much time i spend on UKL, my posting may rapidly decrease, work comes first. *Geeky smilie*

My daddy says i need to learn how to drive as soon as i turn 17 because it's very important, though i don't like the idea of driving in a years time.
    A girl in my year has an offer from Cambridge and she does drama and theatre studies, so I don't think law and sociology will affect your chances much if your predicted grades are up to it.

Awww, but a car would be more useful in a town like Cambridge than Durham...I'm not even really allowed to take one up there because there's a tiny city centre - more justification for my laziness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    more of a gap decade
    Oh stop rubbing it in, it's coming back to me now and that was one scary dream. I think my summer job lasted a lot longer than I expected it would

ReputationRep:
    The first time I went for my driving test, the examiner asked me to check the lights. I checked them, only to find that one of them was broken. I got my instructer over as it was his car, he had all sorts of bulbs apart from the one I needed. I didn't even get to start the car or get in it. I was soooooo angry. I had to pay for another test even though it wasn't my car. I passed the next time though,

(Original post by pikaboo)
    A girl in my year has an offer from Cambridge and she does drama and theatre studies, so I don't think law and sociology will affect your chances much if your predicted grades are up to it.

Awww, but a car would be more useful in a town like Cambridge than Durham...I'm not even really allowed to take one up there because there's a tiny city centre - more justification for my laziness
    Yay, i can study history at Cambridge yet, Helenia here i come.

Oh and in Cambridge people ride bikes a lot, i learnt that in a geography case study.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, i can study history at Cambridge yet, Helenia here i come.

Oh and in Cambridge people ride bikes a lot, i learnt that in a geography case study.
    I hate to break it to you but Helenia might have left university by the time you get there, bet you hate age differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    more of a gap decade
    Sure is

I hate to break it to you but Helenia might have left university by the time you get there, bet you hate age differences
    Hmmm, AS/second year, A2/last year....my God you're right! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, AS/second year, A2/last year....my God you're right! :eek:
    And there you were saying you were good at maths :rolleyes: bless.

And there you were saying you were good at maths :rolleyes: bless.
    Please, i'm too depressed now for your sarcasm......

I was looking forward to being at uni with Helenia, defending her from Mr Stabby, humiliating her at parties....*sigh*

Maybe i should come and stalk you at your uni.

ReputationRep:
    Please, i'm too depressed now for your sarcasm......

I was looking forward to being at uni with Helenia, defending her from Mr Stabby, humiliating her at parties....*sigh*

Maybe i should come and stalk you at your uni.
    Sorry love. *hug*

Lol I'm sure Helenia will manage...and you won't be able to handle Durham, it's too cold up there for the likes of you and Marky

ReputationRep:
    Sorry love. *hug*

Lol I'm sure Helenia will manage...and you won't be able to handle Durham, it's too cold up there for the likes of you and Marky
    monkeys tend to shrink when it's cold

Sorry love. *hug*

Yeah, i'm down south where it's constantly sunny and warm... :rolleyes:

(Original post by grace)
    lol, you're telling me - i have to give it a nice warm bath/shower when that happens to keep him happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Lol now you're reading my mind on the other hand if I don't get into Durham I'm going to Kent, where it's a lot warmer.

ReputationRep:
    Im about to start a Master at Aston Univ. Im an international student and my native lenguage is spanish. Ive had this same nightmare over and over where Im not able to write in english; Its like words woudnt come out of my mind and It sucks cause in the dream I know the answers but I just cant pull them on the paper.

Ive had some other nightmares related with the dorm room but they arent as frustrating as this one.

Its cool though just got 2 months before I move the UK so Im sure this nightmares will end (hope so). :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But you forget I'm a medic. I will be there (assuming I get into the clinical school) till 2009! :eek:

Re. the cars though; you absolutely cannot have one in Cambridge. Cycling and in some cases walking is quicker and easier.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe this, I'm becoming so obsessed with UCAS offers (or the lack of) that they're invading my dreams. Last night I dreamt that Durham gave me an offer that I could start my course when I was 33 years old after having lots of gap years, because I didn't have enough experience to handle the course at degree level. Eugh, maybe I feel too immature for university or something.
    Thats one of the best things ive ever read

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.