Turn on thread page Beta

Don't rub your results in our faces please ? when they come out watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Once again, I feel sorry for you.
    You too.

ReputationRep:
    You too.
    lol. Well then, I guess to quote your signature; that is all. :p: Nice argument there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not necessarily "dissing" Pyschology by any means. I personally think it looks rather interesting. But I have been told by peers, such as 3 Oxford tutors, that Pyschology, and other subjects such as Sociology, are not all that regarded at A-Level or GCSE level; neither is Law or Politics I believe. Apparently they're much more in-depth at degree level. But that's not to say Pyschology does not appeal to me, I would never take it, but it certainly seems interesting enough. I didn't mean to offend, I'm just going by what others have told me here.
    You didn't offend

Although lots of people think psychology is a 'mickey mouse' subject, its not easy and it does go quite in depth. Obviously, all degree courses will go further in depth than the A-Level or GCSE version, because a degree is a more advanced qualification. But the A-Level psychology does give a good basis to study psychology further, and enables you to practice analytical and evaluatory skills.

My opinion is that the people, such as those tutors, that diss psychology have obviously not had a lot to do with the subject. I also think that the reputation such subjects have as being 'easy options' is somewhat due to how new they are.

If I do manage to get my A for psychology on results day, I will be incredibly proud because it wasn't an easy thing to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to re-evaluate my life. Seriously, why would I need to re-evaluate my life? I have wonderful friends, I have wonderful hobbies which I enjoy immensely, I have really good predicted grades, I'm hoping I have a good future ahead of me. It makes me angry that you would tell me to "re-evaluate (my) life", when you so clearly do not know me as a person. I think that is exceedingly harsh, and a bit intrusive of you. I'm not going to tell you to "re-evaluate" your life because you post a few different opinions, that I may disagree with.

I'm here because I enjoy the debate and discussion. I love it. I've been to the European Parliament in Strasbourg, I'm chairperson of my School Council and it's fabulous. I'm sure if you searched around for my posts you'd see that I am actually an intelligent, and intiative person, who often enjoys debate and discussion. I guess I've let myself down here today because I've become really angry at trivial matters, but I don't like to think I'm being personally attacked. I think it's rather rich of you to ask me why I'm here, and to tell me to stop arguing when you have 13 posts to your name, and thus, do not entirely have an extensive background knowledge of who I am, and my role in this forum. In fact, I rarely argue. Mainly I have a bit of a laugh, convey my opinions, and chip in with advice where I can.
    I use another alias, and can surely confirm that you engage in pointless, brutal arguments. I'm so glad you decided to share with us your personal experiences, absolutely riviting. You come across as an impulsive, self-obsessed *****, as you are always finding fault and flaws in people's views and how they express them, however you are hardly ever willing to accept that you've made some outrageous posts... Oh, the appology for the swearing, great! When you felt the need to say sorry, why didn't you go back and remove all the "swear words"? Couldn't be bothered? Well thats how I feel about you. I do not value your views, and I think you may suffer from PMS. I am asking you to re-evaluate your life because you seem to be so concerned with what other people are doing, but not what you, yourself are doing. Hence I used the term "extroverted" which basically means viewing outside oneself, but not looking from the outside-in. I am sorry if you find it intrusive, I didn't mean to be insensitive, I just felt you were going too far with the criticism and I was feeling uncomfortable with the "tenseness" whereby after a post which might appear only slightly confrontational, would be exploded upon by you.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest...the same could be said for you if you're going to throw that one at me! :p:
    Not really, I'm not the person seeking dispute in everything which has an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Well then, I guess to quote your signature; that is all. :p: Nice argument there.
    Same to you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    This guy you are talking about is intelligent. He can think creatively and can think up a picture in his head before putting it on paper, so it is accurate... How dare you say that people are unintelligent just because they cannot use joined-up handwriting, which actually has nothing to do with intelligence, its a form of creativity.
    Heh, you took my example of not being able to use jointed handwriting way too literally. Looks like you aren't very intelligent . Joking. What I was implying is that he's far from being intelligent as the majority of people look at it. He's not good at logic, mathematics, linguistics, sciences.. anything like that. He's just good at drawing pictures, and building things from wood. Give him a puzzle and I doubt he'd manage to finish it, let alone in the time an average person would. He's just not a clever guy, and I think there's very few people that would say that, because he's good at art and DT, he's intelligent.

Let me give you somthing else to think about. Who's more intelligent, Stephen Hawking, or Rolph Harris? Stephen Hawking's arguably the best physicist alive today, and has overcome an array of obstacles to get there. Rolf Harris, on the other hand, has dabbled in music (releasing various attrocious songs), is good at artwork and has since gone on to present television programs, combining creativity and inter-personal skills, which is a huge achievement for anyone. Certainly, Rolf Harris is adept at more things than Stephen Hawking, but then again I doubt he'd manage to become a proffessor.

So, in your opinion, who's the more intelligent? I can guarantee you the average person off the street would say Stephen Hawking, but, by your definition, it would be Rolf Harris, as he's managed to become very good at a wide selection of abilities, none of which are academic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    Heh, you took my example of not being able to use jointed handwriting way too literally. Looks like you aren't very intelligent . Joking. What I was implying is that he's far from being intelligent as the majority of people look at it. He's not good at logic, mathematics, linguistics, sciences.. anything like that. He's just good at drawing pictures, and building things from wood. Give him a puzzle and I doubt he'd manage to finish it, let alone in the time an average person would. He's just not a clever guy, and I think there's very few people that would say that, because he's good at art and DT, he's intelligent.

Let me give you somthing else to think about. Who's more intelligent, Stephen Hawking, or Rolph Harris? Stephen Hawking's arguably the best physicist alive today, and has overcome an array of obstacles to get there. Rolf Harris, on the other hand, has dabbled in music (releasing various attrocious songs), is good at artwork and has since gone on to present television programs, combining creativity and inter-personal skills, which is a huge achievement for anyone. Certainly, Rolf Harris is adept at more things than Stephen Hawking, but then again I doubt he'd manage to become a proffessor.

So, in your opinion, who's the more intelligent? I can guarantee you the average person off the street would say Stephen Hawking, but, by your definition, it would be Rolf Harris, as he's managed to become very good at a wide selection of abilities, none of which are academic.

Irrelevant really... Stephen Hawking has achieved more... Rolph Harris is still intelligent. :/ I don't really know what your point is...

ReputationRep:
    Irrelevant really... Stephen Hawking has achieved more... Rolph Harris is still intelligent. :/ I don't really know what your point is...
    Right...and you say I pick flaws in everybody's opinion?!

NSiky, I get what you mean....

why didn't you go back and remove all the "swear words"?
    Erm, because I've apologised for them. I'm not going to remove them all and pretend they'd never happened. What's the point in removing them, because then I'd be apologising for nothing? It'd be like; "oh sorry for the swearing..." - what swearing?! Nah, I don't believe in covering tracks, I'd rather just leave the evidence there and apologise for it, instead of trying to deny it ever happened. Tis not my style.

You come across as an impulsive, self-obsessed *****...I didn't mean to be insensitive
    Oh yeah, right. Not insensitive in the slightest.

you are always finding fault and flaws in people's views and how they express them
    No offence, but this is completely untrue. You've been here, what, all of a few days? You don't know me, you don't know how I operate. Today I got very pissed off and annoyed for a few trivial reasons; it's not common behaviour from me, but you immediately assume that it is. Perhaps if you bothered to do a search on previous posts you'd realise that I'm not a self-obsessed ***** and I certainly do not consistently demean other people and pick holes in their opinions. It's ludicrous to even suggest that! I had an off day today, sure. And I've apologised to those involved (I'm sooo self obsessed). How dare you even make presumptions about somebody that you don't even know, and more to the point, have never even met. Especially as you don't even know me through TSR! You've seen about, collectively, 3 of my posts!

I do not value your views
    Furry muff. I did value yours, but not after you've told me to "re-evaluate my life" and called me a "self-obsessed *****" when you don't even know me. And I am not a self-obsessed ***** whatsoever. In fact quite a few people PM'd me t'other week to say they'd voted for me as "Most Academically Helpful Member" or whatever it was that was running. I was grateful, I sent PMs back saying 'cheers, appreciate it' etc.

I think you may suffer from PMS
    No; fortunately I don't, but what is that like by the way?

I'm so glad you decided to share with us your personal experiences
    Don't worry about it, PM if you want to know more.

I am asking you to re-evaluate your life because you seem to be so concerned with what other people are doing, but not what you, yourself are doing
    Reeeeally?... I thought I was so self-obsessed?

When in actual fact, it turns out I'm caring and considerate of others, no?

Hence I used the term "extroverted"
    To describe me as extroverted, would be a compliment in my opinion. Extroverted...as in confident, outgoing, lively, bubbly...cheers.

I was feeling uncomfortable with the "tenseness" whereby after a post which might appear only slightly confrontational, would be exploded upon by you.
    Ok, this is just a jumble of words which doesn't really make sense; does it?

appology
    You spelt apology wrong.

riviting
    You spelt riveting wrong.

What were you saying about intelligence?

Anyway this thread has gone waaay off topic, lets drag it back on shall we?

Mathemagician, what GCSE grades did you get? And what were the grades that people rubbed in?! Well done with your predictions.
    I got 3A's, 4B's and 2 C's

People rubbed in results better than mine (obv.):p:, mostly being of the order 4A*

ReputationRep:
    This is probably one of the longest posts ever made on TSR, if not, damn at least I tried. :p: I have some business to settle with "zhivago" so I apologize (hey spelt it correctly that time) if this is boring to any of you, I'll try my best to make it not so.

Right...and you say I pick flaws in everybody's opinion?!

NSiky, I get what you mean....
    I am not picking a flaw in NSiky's opinion. I am simply stating that I felt his example (not opinion) was irrelevant. I suggest you read more thoroughly next time.

why didn't you go back and remove all the "swear words"?
    Erm, because I've apologised for them. I'm not going to remove them all and pretend they'd never happened. What's the point in removing them, because then I'd be apologising for nothing? It'd be like; "oh sorry for the swearing..." - what swearing?! Nah, I don't believe in covering tracks, I'd rather just leave the evidence there and apologise for it, instead of trying to deny it ever happened. Tis not my style.
    Okay - You hypocritical loser. You slated AnimalLover for "convienently leaving out the rest of a quote" yet you feel it justifiable to do exactly the same to me? If you had quoted me properly, you would have gotten this:
    When you felt the need to say sorry, why didn't you go back and remove all the "swear words"? Couldn't be bothered?
    No, read! And then think! I am asking you why you didn't remove the swear words (and of course the apology) when you felt the need to give an apology. I mean, if you are sorry for doing something and you have time to rectify "that thing" before anyone views it I would think that you would. Surely anyone sincere enough would "rectify what they could"?

You come across as an impulsive, self-obsessed *****...I didn't mean to be insensitive
    Okay - again, you loser. Why manipulate this to make it seem ten times worser than it is? I will break it down for you:
    I said "I didn't mean to be insensitive" later on in the post, as I was showing remorse for what I had said in a previous post... I previously called you an impulsive, self-obsessed ***** after provocation by you, from other posts.

No offence, but this is completely untrue. You've been here, what, all of a few days?
    Actually, more like a few months. But close.

You don't know me, you don't know how I operate.
    I don't need to know someone to know how they operate; I can simply tell what sort of a person they are from their posts. Yours I might add are highly argumentative and impulsive, hence, I called you "an impulsive, self-obsessed *****". Oh and, I don't know how you "operate"? Rofl, what are you? An undercover agent or something?

Today I got very pissed off and annoyed
    "Pissed" off and "annoyed" are two very similar words, darling. Aww bless, did ikkle zhivago get in an ikkle bit of a humph? How sad, taking a forum debate to heart.

for a few trivial reasons; it's not common behaviour from me, but you immediately assume that it is.
    Trivial - you got that right. And, I'd have to disagree with you when you say its not common behaviour from you. Like I've said, I've seen enough posts from you on enough different occasions to be able to pass judgement over you.

Perhaps if you bothered to do a search on previous posts you'd realise that I'm not a self-obsessed *****
    Hmm... If I did that, I'd probably get slated by you for being "sad and pathetic" and would be told that "I need to get a life and some friends". Oh, which reminds me, you must be such a know-all; how do you know who has/hasn't got friends? I think that's actually being a bit "intrusive" wouldn't you say?

I certainly do not consistently demean other people and pick holes in their opinions.
    You're in denial love, you're in denial.

It's ludicrous to even suggest that! I had an off day today, sure.
    Oh, it's "ludicrous" is it? Again, I'd say that's a sign of self-obsession and being in-denial, not willing to identify and deal with your own flaws, because you apparently don't have any!
    Oh, an "off day" is that what you're calling it? Right, well, it certainly doesn't do you justice for an "on day" and what about a "well off day" - Sheesh, wouldn't wanna get up your tits on a "well off day".

And I've apologised to those involved (I'm sooo self obsessed). How dare you even make presumptions about somebody that you don't even know, and more to the point, have never even met.
    Oh, one word, "sorry" and that's it... Rapists say sorry before they are life sentenced, doesn't mean they wish they hadn't commited the crime... Sorry, I feel, is a word "overused" and is now just a word used to "instantly make things better" - it requires no real thought, or remorse. "I'll just say sorry, it'll be alright" - That's what too many people like yourself are saying. That does not mean you are not self-obsessed.
    *Sigh* :rolleyes: It keeps bottling down to "knowing" with you, doesn't it. As I've said above, I don't need to know you, to be able to make assumptions. I wouldn't want to meet you either, you'd probably have my guts for garters the moment I came into your sight.

Especially as you don't even know me through TSR! You've seen about, collectively, 3 of my posts!
    Hmm, how do you know this? Your really omniscent aren't you? :rolleyes: Even if I had only been here for "a few days" (which I haven't) I would still browse other threads and stumble upon your posts... LOL! :/

Furry muff. I did value yours, but not after you've told me to "re-evaluate my life" and called me a "self-obsessed *****" when you don't even know me.
    Deja vu! More boring repetition - great argument. :rolleyes:

And I am not a self-obsessed ***** whatsoever.
    You know, just repeating yourself doesn't really work on it's own in an argument. You should really bring new backups and points forward, but I guess your just not suited to "proper debate" rather "futile, 'black is white' type debate".

In fact quite a few people PM'd me t'other week to say they'd voted for me as "Most Academically Helpful Member" or whatever it was that was running.
    That must've been wonderful for you.

I was grateful, I sent PMs back saying 'cheers, appreciate it' etc.
    Really? Gosh you do go out of your way don't you.

I think you may suffer from PMS
    No; fortunately I don't, but what is that like by the way?
    :confused: You've lost me there.

Don't worry about it, PM if you want to know more.
    Hmm, think I'll pass on that gesture, as exciting as it sounds.

I am asking you to re-evaluate your life because you seem to be so concerned with what other people are doing, but not what you, yourself are doing
    Reeeeally?... I thought I was so self-obsessed?

When in actual fact, it turns out I'm caring and considerate of others, no?
    Where did I mention being considerate? I am basically saying that you are quick-off-the-mark to judge other people, but you will not identify that you yourself have problems... Sorry, I should've written it in a simpler fashion for you.

Hence I used the term "extroverted"
    To describe me as extroverted, would be a compliment in my opinion. Extroverted...as in confident, outgoing, lively, bubbly...cheers.
    Web definitions for "extroverted":

1) extrospective: not introspective; examining what is outside yourself
    2) at ease in talking to others
    3) extrovert: characterized by extroversion

You may well take it as a compliment, but I am referring to the first definition when I call you extroverted. Thats just your ignorance I suppose.

I was feeling uncomfortable with the "tenseness" whereby after a post which might appear only slightly confrontational, would be exploded upon by you.
    Ok, this is just a jumble of words which doesn't really make sense; does it?
    It makes perfect sense to me, but I suppose thats because I wrote it. I'll break it down, once more for you: I feel uncomfortable, when a post is made which has even a tiny bit of controversy in it, because it is most likely you will be so analytical and critical of that post, that another argument breaks lose. I appologize (damn, I spelt apologize wrong) for being too complex with you; I will in the future be simpler with you, if you wish.

appology
    You spelt apology wrong.
    riviting
    You spelt riveting wrong.
    Gosh you're sad, and, English never was my strongest subject, evidently. :rolleyes:

What were you saying about intelligence?
    Forgotten already? I was saying that intelligence can be in many different forms, such as academia, creativity, athletesism etc...

Anyway this thread has gone waaay off topic, lets rag it back on shall we?
    Quite. Let's "rag" it back on.

* The End *

ReputationRep:
    What a loser ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxjayx)
    What a loser ^
    Think I'll wait till you've grown up a bit before I get upset about that. That's your (and probably many others) opinion of me, and you're all entitled to it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, thats my opinion of you based on your post that probably took 30 minutes to write, which contains about 500 quotes, no offence, but it's kind of sad.
    Just get over it, there are people on forums who are argumentative and controversial threads, which is the purpose of forums...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, thats my opinion of you based on your post that probably took 30 minutes to write
    Took about 10 minutes to type up, 5 minutes to do the QUOTE=name and /QUOTE tags etc... 15 minutes.

which contains about 500 quotes, no offence, but it's kind of sad.
    None taken. And, there were 34 quotes, so I think 500 even in sarcasm was a bit ott.

Just get over it, there are people on forums who are argumentative and controversial threads, which is the purpose of forums...
    Um... I am simply giving my side of an argument and backing myself up. I am not losing sleep over it. Thanks for the advice though.

ReputationRep:
    wow!

ReputationRep:
    Ok - this may seem a tad hypocritical, so I apologize for that, zhivago. I used the term "extroverted" impulsively (sorry) without really thinking that I should've used "extrospective". There I have apologized for being hypocritical, and I won't do it again.

ReputationRep:
    What a loser ^
    lol. Jay!

Ok - this may seem a tad hypocritical, so I apologize for that, zhivago. I used the term "extroverted" impulsively (sorry) without really thinking that I should've used "extrospective". There I have apologized for being hypocritical, and I won't do it again.
    There's no need to apologise, in all honesty, I didn't read your post. Well, I tell a little lie, I read half of it - but, and I don't mean this in a sarcastic way at all - I got bored and didn't read the rest. However, a majority of my post directed at you earlier, was indeed whole-heartedly sarcastic and you seem to have ripped it apart as if I was intently serious on every point! There was no point really because I was just pissing about. But I might add that you said this before:

Sorry, I feel, is a word "overused" and is now just a word used to "instantly make things better" - it requires no real thought, or remorse...That does not mean you are not self-obsessed.
    All I'm going to say is:

apologize (hey spelt it correctly that time)
    Actually, unless you're American, it's spelt with an S...as in apologise. But I see your location is "Kent", so no, you didn't spell it correctly. :p:

2. I'm not sure what exactly you're apologising for; the use of the term "extrospective" being hypocritical? Your whole rant of a post is hypocritical, and I'm sure anybody with two brain cells to rub together can see that! You portray the qualities yourself, that you accuse of me!

Rapists say sorry before they are life sentenced, doesn't mean they wish they hadn't commited the crime
    You don't even know me, so DO NOT EVER make assumptions about me again.

4. I cannot even be arsed with you anymore. You've made so many points about me, and to be completely honest, I don't know what they are, because I honestly didn't read the last 3/4 of your post. I got bored. I think you've embarrassed yourself enough to be fair, and I can't be arsed adding to it because I have a life to attend to.

Sorry if this isn't the response you were angling for, but I really can't be bothered with this.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to apologise, in all honesty, I didn't read your post. Well, I tell a little lie, I read half of it
    Your loss. You're probably saying that as you can't come up with justifiable answers, but oh well, I thought you were intellectually better than that.

Actually, unless you're American, it's spelt with an S...as in apologise. But I see your location is "Kent", so no, you didn't spell it correctly. :p:
    Apologize is not an incorrect spelling though (it's can be spelt in two ways, with a 'z' or with a 's' in the English language, so I guess that waives your argument.

2. I'm not sure what exactly you're apologising for; the use of the term "extrospective" being hypocritical?
    No, I was apologizing for being impulsive, which is hypocritical of me as I slated you for being the very same.

What? Like the serial rapist who broke into my home last year and raped my older sister twice in the very room I'm sitting, and typing this? YOU STUPID F U C K. You don't even know me, so DO NOT EVER make assumptions about me again.
    :confused:

I cannot even be arsed with you anymore.
    Don't start the argument if you're not willing to go all the way. Loser.

You've made so many points about me, and to be completely honest, I don't know what they are, because I honestly didn't read the last 3/4 of your post.
    Yeah, you already said.

I got bored.
    What? Again?

I think you've embarrassed yourself enough to be fair, and I can't be arsed adding to it because I have a life to attend to.
    No, I've actually defended myself. Yeah, you've said you can't be arsed (more repetition. :rolleyes:

Sorry if this isn't the response you were angling for, but I really can't be bothered with this.
    No, you've done me proud, I was expecting much worse from you, but it's fine, honestly.

I just want to say I really dislike people who start arguments but can't go all the way and defend theirselves - It's just immature and futile.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say I really dislike people who start arguments but can't go all the way and defend theirselves - It's just immature and futile.
    How can you not be aware of how utterly stupid that sounds?! That is unbelievable. No, dragging the argument on - one which is completely groundless - is immature and futile. Didn't your parents teach you anything? How is me not carrying this on futile and immature? It's the exact opposite. You're dragging something on which is pointless, I've said I can't be bothered with it anymore, and yet you continue to dissect my post! I mean, you are literally arguing with yourself here. I am not lying about not having read your previous post ("You're probably saying that as you can't come up with justifiable answers") - I actually haven't. Don't flatter yourself.

Don't start the argument if you're not willing to go all the way. Loser.
    I didn't start the argument, as much as you didn't start the argument. This is a forum, not the real world. An argument just occurs when there is a clash of opinions, which here, there is. And I am not a loser.

If anything, right now, you're worthy of that title yourself. As Jay said. There's no point in this, it's finished, I've forgotten what the argument was in the first place. And with all due respect, I think I've proven I can rip you apart in previous posts, I don't see the need to keep on doing it. It's becoming tireless and boring. You're dragging it on now - and that's what's futile and immature. (As is the constant repetition of the word 'Loser').

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.