Turn on thread page Beta

Don't rub your results in our faces please ? when they come out watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are axles post's impossible to read?

Counselling not councerling!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry i tend to touch type and miss spell words a lot
    plus i'm crap at english so i prob cant spell words even when i try when i try

Counselling not councerling!!!!!
    i dont know who i spelt that one wrong

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about people who brag about how they did no revision and get all. This a conversation I had with someone which I think sounded really arrogant (this guy is in year 12 and did his GCSEs last year.
    This guy: "I remember study leave last year. It was the best think ever. I didn't do anything and just slept. It was so fun."
    Me: (sarcasticly) "What, no revision, what would your mother think."
    This Guy: "Ahem, I got 7 A*s and 3 As, she was very proud of me."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    I know what you mean about people who brag about how they did no revision and get all. This a conversation I had with someone which I think sounded really arrogant (this guy is in year 12 and did his GCSEs last year.
    This guy: "I remember study leave last year. It was the best think ever. I didn't do anything and just slept. It was so fun."
    Me: (sarcasticly) "What, no revision, what would your mother think."
    This Guy: "Ahem, I got 7 A*s and 3 As, she was very proud of me."
    lol, he sounds funny

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they annoy me too- why should someone brag about having done no revision- surely u should be prouder if u put in loads of effort and do well then? why be proud about doing well with no revision...surely that just means it's natural ability or a photographic memory which got u thru...nothing to do with ur own hard work and certainly nothing to be proud of.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    me and my friends made a promise not to rub it n because some people are going to go lower than others. some people are pri*** about their results especially when we got our RE results.

ReputationRep:
    Okay firstly reading a book does not make you qualified to council and nobody who has problems actually can council themself. That's the whole point - you're not impartial
    Yes they have to keep it private provided you are 16 and don't give your permission and are not a risk to yourself.

Not saying you do have problems but i just think you should know that if you do

And although i don't agree with rubbing it in people's faces you've got to understand that people who have worked really hard and know they are capable of getting A*s do have a right to be disappointed with less. If you were expecting Cs and failed you'd be upset wouldn't you? And not just cos it might affect your chances, but also because you hadn't reached your potential

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i dont like it either when people start saying what did u get? and u dont want to discuss it. i dont mind if its my friends asking, but other people who i dont usually tlk to. that really annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    i hate the kids at my school who gets A's with out doing anything .
    Don't you think that's a rather sweeping generalisation? Not everyone who gets A's without doing anything rubs it in, and its not their 'fault' if they're naturally intelligent enough to get away with doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I sense some hostility brewing.

ReputationRep:
    i def agree with amie, coz i find the exams easy coz i work hard through the year, and so i dont hav to do much revision, and i don't like to rub it in bcoz i hated it wen ppl did it to me wen i didnt work as hard. its just mean wen ppl rub it in, nd it can really knock sum1s confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I think you just need to chill out a bit lol! Maybe the people who do get really good grades aren't rubbing it in your face at all, you just feel like you're having your face rubbed in it by the sheer fact that they have those grades, and you don't. Bit of a pointless thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    I sense some hostility brewing.
    Lol, I don't mean to be hostile, but I just felt quite insulted by it. I don't think the ability to take an exam without revision is grounds for hatred, that's all

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i hate it when people post,

WOW i got A*'s A's etc lol.

well done for them but not everybody will want to hear about them if they havent done too well themselves (me? lol)

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, i hate it when people post,

WOW i got A*'s A's etc lol.

well done for them but not everybody will want to hear about them if they havent done too well themselves (me? lol)

Hmm, I disagree. People get all pissed off when other people do well, I think it's completely selfish. The fact of the matter is it's natural to be happy when you achieve something, and I know a majority of people with this argument are often hypocritical. If these people who get so pissed off by it achieved As and A*s they'd be chuffed too, and would do the same, if they never find that out then that's unfortunate.

I'm not one of these people for the "rubbing", and I don't always get super grades, but it pisses me off when people get pissed off by other people getting good grades. Either they should work harder, accept that they should have worked harder, or just accept that they're not that clever. Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    Look: GCSEs are not really a measure of intelligence/academic ability/academic potential... GCSEs are a measure of how hard a candidate works... This is true for the majority of candidates, there are some however who are academically challanged and "less able." So I agree with the dude who started this thread - It annoys me too when people say "I got A*s" and basically try and intimidate you and insinuate through that, that they are cleverer than you... *******s (excuse my french) - I am smart, but I didn't put the work in these past two years and I'm probably going to walk out of school with B's and C's as opposed to A*'s and A's which is what I'd get if I had bloody well got my arse into gear... Anyway just to say, a candidate who achieves an A* is not necessarily more able than a candidate who achieves a C or a D, it just means that the candidate has bothered to put in more work. This is true as we are taught everything we need to know and let's be honest, if the truth be told the content of most syllabuses is not hard, it just takes a candidate to be able to remember methods and information to gain a high grade... Lecture over,

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree that GCSEs are not really representative in terms of intelligence. There are certain subjects where I do think a certain level of natural aptitude in the subject can certainly help. Maths, English and the languages for example. Mostly though the syllabuses aren't that hard and it is a matter of hard work. Which in some ways is what employers are looking at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blur303)
    I'd agree that GCSEs are not really representative in terms of intelligence. There are certain subjects where I do think a certain level of natural aptitude in the subject can certainly help. Maths, English and the languages for example. Mostly though the syllabuses aren't that hard and it is a matter of hard work. Which in some ways is what employers are looking at.
    Blur, u've hit the nail on the head m8...

ReputationRep:
    people are miss-in-terprating what i was trying to say

i meant kids that act like little d***heads vandalis , bully people who do aboslutlly sweet f-a and get A's piss me off .

If your naturlly gifted thats fine aint got nothing against that

And :

Lol, I don't mean to be hostile, but I just felt quite insulted by it. I don't think the ability to take an exam without revision is grounds for hatred, that's all
    they are grounds if the person is taking the p*** aboutt he exam and ruining other peoples chances . You really dont understand how s**t my exams have been , people have been banned and kicked out the exams for settign off fireworks in the hall for F** sake the anoying bit is stuff like that happens they'll get kicked out and on top of that crap they would have got A's and there not naturlly gifted half of them are jsut damn lucky.
    Like the spanish listerning i did , 90% of people finsihed the whole exam before the tape was put on . They did the same thing in the mcoks and got B'S and A's ... there gussing the bloody answers for crying out loud and getting them right , no effot, then they p** around in the exam so i can't concentrate it takes the mick . I know a kid in my year who just dosn't work he just understands the work and finds the exams easy . He went in sat down took the test and behavied he didn't piss about setting off fire works etc , he'll get A's and i aint got a promblem with that i got a promblem with people that have to f**k up the exams and F******* take the bloody piss during the exams

ok have i cleared that up .....
    nothing against the gifted and talented
    just the lazy disrespectful d***s in my school

oh and before you say it yes
    i have complained to the exam board with a numbe rof people reporting our school for being retarded and letting these d*** set fire works off , we havn't recived any word on what the exam board plan on doing if anything .
    And if given the option i damn well will re-sit my exams again

Don't you think that's a rather sweeping generalisation? Not everyone who gets A's without doing anything rubs it in, and its not their 'fault' if they're naturally intelligent enough to get away with doing nothing.
    i wouldn't interprate that like that not really a generalisation in my view .

Okay firstly reading a book does not make you qualified to council and nobody who has problems actually can council themself. That's the whole point - you're not impartial
    Yes they have to keep it private provided you are 16 and don't give your permission and are not a risk to yourself.

Not saying you do have problems but i just think you should know that if you do

And although i don't agree with rubbing it in people's faces you've got to understand that people who have worked really hard and know they are capable of getting A*s do have a right to be disappointed with less. If you were expecting Cs and failed you'd be upset wouldn't you? And not just cos it might affect your chances, but also because you hadn't reached your potential
    1. in theroy you can gain the qaulification to be a counciler from reading a book
    2.its practiclly impossible to council your self but it is possible . you can sit down and question stuff about your self and write notes down and analise yourself its really easy to do if your opened minded
    3.i do have promblems which are being msot likely stored in the back of ym head for a mid life crisis in the next 20 years
    4.I diasagree with that statement about if your gettign C's and get less bla bla bla you see my Spanish teacher left my school and took my cousre work and left me with a predicted grade of B+ 12 teachers later i'm in year 11 with a C prediction , Few mounths later 3 more teachers and i'm now looking at D
    but after all the crap with teachers and missing course work i would be happy if i got anything but a F for spanish . I'll admit thats a rare situation and genrally speaking i would be disopointed with less than a C
    5. I'm counciling people now i'm not a kid with a promblem

WARNING THIS NEXT COMMENT WILL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A D*** AND I DON'T CARE STOP READING NOW IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED OR IF THIS SITUATION DESCRIBED REALTES TO ANY SIMILAR SITUATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPIRENCED. OR IF YOUR NOT OPEN MIDED STOP READING NOW IGNORE THE LAST PART OF THIS POST ALSO I'M NOT TYPING ANYTHING FOR SHOCK FACTOR SO DONT EVEN BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING LIKE HES JSUT SAYING THAT FOR SHOCK FACTOR

you see kids that comit suicide are kids who need councilling cause they have no f****** balls . look i know thats harsh and i dont care .
    year 8 a kid in my class killed himself afetr he was bullied at school . I have no respect for him . What the hell was f*** so bad he had to comit sucide i knew everything wrong with him all right he was grttign hit round the back of his a few times thats it there was no deep emotional scars or sh** parenting he was getting hit round the head every day
    so he kills himself and our school decided to stick a fountain up in his name . The i thought whats his prob . I mean my dad f*** off and left my mum and me on my own hes ran away twice he's a f**** wife beater and a drugy and my sister couldn't take it so she ran off with a bloke i have been pulled out of schools because my family is basiclly poor . i've been beaten the hell out of as well every single day i was getting my head kciked in .Bothered . i took it i delt with it and yea i've had debt collectors take away every thing i had of value . You didn't ever ever see me go back to school crying and moaning (well aware this can be interprated as moanign now) i came to school and i joined a kickboxing club and i learnt how to defend my self i stuck up to my bullies and i still got my head kicked in i'm missing one adult tooth form bullying and i have been to hospital a few times but i never once considered comiting sucide thats just a p*** way out so f**** that . Kids that can't take bullying kids that end up comiting sucide need help and councerling not me . That kid in my year should have got councerling but he didn't and he died . So as far as i'm concerned my mentality at the moement is fine if i have a bloody issue i can council my slef and solve it .

Oh and pleas edont tell me that just cause of whats typed above i need concerling give me a bloody break

ok so what ever my point is you can work stuff out for yourself you dont need to tlak to some sicko about your promblems

i'm well aware of 3 things by the way so dont bother telling me about them
    1.people will disagree with my view points and compalina botu what was just typed
    2.people will disagree with what i said about gifted kids and misinterprate it
    3.There are more than likly spelling mistakes in this post and if you have a promblem with it sorry but if it really bothers copy and paste it into word and correct it

i know i now come across as very self centred and disturbed and messed in the head but meh i dotn care

Hmm, I disagree. People get all pissed off when other people do well, I think it's completely selfish.
    not really there just anoyed that some thigns come easy to some people and others have too work hard all there life and never get a break

man i've wasted 5mins of my life typing crap :confused: i forgot the whole point of this post

sorry if anyone is pissed off with my view on kids who comit suicide but i'm speaking form my own expirences and am not trying to make a generalisation despite what you may think

hope that cleared some stuff up hell i'm not sure now

ReputationRep:
    Actually it takes balls to take your own life... However it takes more balls to identify a problem and rectify it...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.