Turn on thread page Beta

Don't rub your results in our faces please ? when they come out watch

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Bekaboo's post. Axle's knew his post would be controversial and potentially offensive, but he still wrote it anyway, because his whining and moaning were obviously more important than other people feelings, who might be offended by the post. And i happen to know this issue his very close to Bekaboo. Perhaps Axle should use more restraint before posting such insensitive comments, just to make himslef feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Bekaboo, nobody is demented enough to think that suicide is a topic of humour... But Axel is obviously upset and your not doing your best to calm the situation, instead ur providing fuel to the argument (God I'm gunna luv psychology nxt yr lol!! )

ReputationRep:
    Being upset is fine, but that does not require such a post!

ReputationRep:
    you see kids that comit suicide are kids who need councilling cause they have no f****** balls .
    You wanna tell me that's cos he's upset? No it's because he HASNT GOT A CLUE

ReputationRep:
    Well, I partly agree and I partly disagree... He obviously has got a clue as he claims he knew someone who commited suicide - More importantly with that experience he is making explicit exclaimations such as "kids who commit suicide have no *******s" this shows that he is just angry and upset... As he obviously knows that this is untrue as he has been part of an experience where someone commited suicide...

ReputationRep:
    Bekaboo, I think ur too judgemental - Ok, fair play, you've lost someone close to you through their taking their own life... But, if you so strongly repel Axle's remarks, just keep shtum because it's his blindness and anger which is causing a reaction in you... Don't be dragged in. I agree with the guy who said Axle is picking an argument by posting such controversial comments... Just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok ok i give in
    I'm gonna shut up because i guess nobody else is gonna agre with me
    But i couldn't just sit there while he took it out on every1 who has real problems, and nobody even took him to task over it
    I can understand when somebody has lost someone - because anger is a very common reaction
    But this was just "some kid" in his class 3 years ago who he obviously has no respect for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy Rich$$)
    I agree with Bekaboo's post. Axle's knew his post would be controversial and potentially offensive, but he still wrote it anyway, because his whining and moaning were obviously more important than other people feelings, who might be offended by the post. And i happen to know this issue his very close to Bekaboo. Perhaps Axle should use more restraint before posting such insensitive comments, just to make himslef feel better.
    Tell me, how can you judge him as being 'whining' and 'moaning', even though you know none of the situational factors affecting him, the social influcnes, any personal matters?! 'wining' and 'moaning' clearly shows your uncertainty to his situation, you do not know what is going yet you try and relate your own opinions and previous situations to another individual- very stereotypical, and biased in generalisations which cause you to perceive him as 'moaning' and 'whining'

Another question, why do you both show self centered behaviour?! The ones who do not show sympathy to axel do not demonstrate empathy, therefore display self centered behaviour, because they seem to care about their own experiences, and see them as superior to anyone else's.. Think like this, if you oppose people like axel just for speaking his mind, what will ultimately happen? Will it make axel feel he can discuss things with others?! I doubt it!

And Don, psychology is a great subject, it really makes you appreciate others more! *hint directed to the A2 student, bekaboo - do you not know what its like in year 10-11?!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axle05)
    people are miss-in-terprating what i was trying to say

i meant kids that act like little d***heads vandalis , bully people who do aboslutlly sweet f-a and get A's piss me off .

If your naturlly gifted thats fine aint got nothing against that

And :

they are grounds if the person is taking the p*** aboutt he exam and ruining other peoples chances . You really dont understand how s**t my exams have been , people have been banned and kicked out the exams for settign off fireworks in the hall for F** sake the anoying bit is stuff like that happens they'll get kicked out and on top of that crap they would have got A's and there not naturlly gifted half of them are jsut damn lucky.
    Like the spanish listerning i did , 90% of people finsihed the whole exam before the tape was put on . They did the same thing in the mcoks and got B'S and A's ... there gussing the bloody answers for crying out loud and getting them right , no effot, then they p** around in the exam so i can't concentrate it takes the mick . I know a kid in my year who just dosn't work he just understands the work and finds the exams easy . He went in sat down took the test and behavied he didn't piss about setting off fire works etc , he'll get A's and i aint got a promblem with that i got a promblem with people that have to f**k up the exams and F******* take the bloody piss during the exams

ok have i cleared that up .....
    nothing against the gifted and talented
    just the lazy disrespectful d***s in my school

oh and before you say it yes
    i have complained to the exam board with a numbe rof people reporting our school for being retarded and letting these d*** set fire works off , we havn't recived any word on what the exam board plan on doing if anything .
    And if given the option i damn well will re-sit my exams again

i wouldn't interprate that like that not really a generalisation in my view .

1. in theroy you can gain the qaulification to be a counciler from reading a book
    2.its practiclly impossible to council your self but it is possible . you can sit down and question stuff about your self and write notes down and analise yourself its really easy to do if your opened minded
    3.i do have promblems which are being msot likely stored in the back of ym head for a mid life crisis in the next 20 years
    4.I diasagree with that statement about if your gettign C's and get less bla bla bla you see my Spanish teacher left my school and took my cousre work and left me with a predicted grade of B+ 12 teachers later i'm in year 11 with a C prediction , Few mounths later 3 more teachers and i'm now looking at D
    but after all the crap with teachers and missing course work i would be happy if i got anything but a F for spanish . I'll admit thats a rare situation and genrally speaking i would be disopointed with less than a C
    5. I'm counciling people now i'm not a kid with a promblem

WARNING THIS NEXT COMMENT WILL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A D*** AND I DON'T CARE STOP READING NOW IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED OR IF THIS SITUATION DESCRIBED REALTES TO ANY SIMILAR SITUATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPIRENCED. OR IF YOUR NOT OPEN MIDED STOP READING NOW IGNORE THE LAST PART OF THIS POST ALSO I'M NOT TYPING ANYTHING FOR SHOCK FACTOR SO DONT EVEN BOTHER SAYING ANYTHING LIKE HES JSUT SAYING THAT FOR SHOCK FACTOR

you see kids that comit suicide are kids who need councilling cause they have no f****** balls . look i know thats harsh and i dont care .
    year 8 a kid in my class killed himself afetr he was bullied at school . I have no respect for him . What the hell was f*** so bad he had to comit sucide i knew everything wrong with him all right he was grttign hit round the back of his a few times thats it there was no deep emotional scars or sh** parenting he was getting hit round the head every day
    so he kills himself and our school decided to stick a fountain up in his name . The i thought whats his prob . I mean my dad f*** off and left my mum and me on my own hes ran away twice he's a f**** wife beater and a drugy and my sister couldn't take it so she ran off with a bloke i have been pulled out of schools because my family is basiclly poor . i've been beaten the hell out of as well every single day i was getting my head kciked in .Bothered . i took it i delt with it and yea i've had debt collectors take away every thing i had of value . You didn't ever ever see me go back to school crying and moaning (well aware this can be interprated as moanign now) i came to school and i joined a kickboxing club and i learnt how to defend my self i stuck up to my bullies and i still got my head kicked in i'm missing one adult tooth form bullying and i have been to hospital a few times but i never once considered comiting sucide thats just a p*** way out so f**** that . Kids that can't take bullying kids that end up comiting sucide need help and councerling not me . That kid in my year should have got councerling but he didn't and he died . So as far as i'm concerned my mentality at the moement is fine if i have a bloody issue i can council my slef and solve it .

Oh and pleas edont tell me that just cause of whats typed above i need concerling give me a bloody break

ok so what ever my point is you can work stuff out for yourself you dont need to tlak to some sicko about your promblems

i'm well aware of 3 things by the way so dont bother telling me about them
    1.people will disagree with my view points and compalina botu what was just typed
    2.people will disagree with what i said about gifted kids and misinterprate it
    3.There are more than likly spelling mistakes in this post and if you have a promblem with it sorry but if it really bothers copy and paste it into word and correct it

i know i now come across as very self centred and disturbed and messed in the head but meh i dotn care

not really there just anoyed that some thigns come easy to some people and others have too work hard all there life and never get a break

man i've wasted 5mins of my life typing crap :confused: i forgot the whole point of this post

sorry if anyone is pissed off with my view on kids who comit suicide but i'm speaking form my own expirences and am not trying to make a generalisation despite what you may think

hope that cleared some stuff up hell i'm not sure now
    Quack.

Seriously dude, friends are really important in life. Your whole life should be based around them so they can give you support and you can give it back when they need it. I know friendships often end abruptly, and not pleasantly, and you can get stabbed in the back (metaphorically of course,) but they are really important in developing the skills that you need to live your life and aside from academic performance, employers do place a great importance on personality, intiative and ability to cope in intervies. In life, you move away from friends, they leave you and move off after you leave school, and it can be painful, but you meet others wherever you move on in life and they should be what allows you to become satisfied in life. My girlfriend, one of the most important people in my life is in hospital quite seriously ill at the moment (lucky her, she's missing most of her exams and will get A*s based on her performance in the mocks), and I'm really worried for her. In times like these you discover the power of friendship and how it can show you the light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Ok ok i give in
    I'm gonna shut up because i guess nobody else is gonna agre with me
    But i couldn't just sit there while he took it out on every1 who has real problems, and nobody even took him to task over it
    I can understand when somebody has lost someone - because anger is a very common reaction
    But this was just "some kid" in his class 3 years ago who he obviously has no respect for
    Beka, you cannot see through the fasade of explicit comments and see that Axle is in need of emotional support. You do not realise this, and you are not very caring... I don't agree with Axle's statements but I put it down to the old saying "People say _MAD_ things when they are _MAD_"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Quack.
    Did you call me?! :p:

(Original post by sherunsaway)

Seriously dude, friends are really important in life. Your whole life should be based around them so they can give you support and you can give it back when they need it. I know friendships often end abruptly, and not pleasantly, and you can get stabbed in the back (metaphorically of course,) but they are really important in developing the skills that you need to live your life and aside from academic performance, employers do place a great importance on personality, intiative and ability to cope in intervies. In life, you move away from friends, they leave you and move off after you leave school, and it can be painful, but you meet others wherever you move on in life and they should be what allows you to become satisfied in life. My girlfriend, one of the most important people in my life is in hospital quite seriously ill at the moment (lucky her, she's missing most of her exams and will get A*s based on her performance in the mocks), and I'm really worried for her. In times like these you discover the power of friendship and how it can show you the light.
    So very true!

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs* i can't reply to either of you

You're misinterpreting me and underestimating how much it hurts

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt
    I only had a go for a sweeping generalisation based on one person, who he didn't know that well and had no idea what happened to him other than being bullied

I don't mind him being upset

I don't mind him being mad about his own experiences

I DO mind him making generalisations about suicide without knowing what it is that drives somebody over the edge.

The rest of it i have no problem with and i never said i did

I just don't appreciate having the people i love the most degraded like they did it for ****s and giggles

ReputationRep:
    Time to get back on topic?

I think that there are many factors which come into play for how well one does in GCSEs.

Firstly, Organisation - Naturally, if you are disorganised, you will not be able to manage 10 or 11 different subjects.

Secondly, I think Natural Intelligence does come into it. This is because if you are naturally intelligent, you are likely to absorb the subject better and more quickly. As a result, you should be more fluent in that subject, and become better. Most people enjoy getting better and being good at something, so if you are naturally intelligent within a certain subject group, you should be more motivated to revise, and understand what you're revising better, and so in the end get better grades .

ReputationRep:
    valid point there Bekaboo, i will also *shrug* at this point....

Henryt does make a good point..... its time to get back on topic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Tell me, how can you judge him as being 'whining' and 'moaning', even though you know none of the situational factors affecting him, the social influcnes, any personal matters?! 'wining' and 'moaning' clearly shows your uncertainty to his situation, you do not know what is going yet you try and relate your own opinions and previous situations to another individual- very stereotypical, and biased in generalisations which cause you to perceive him as 'moaning' and 'whining'

Another question, why do you both show self centered behaviour?! The ones who do not show sympathy to axel do not demonstrate empathy, therefore display self centered behaviour, because they seem to care about their own experiences, and see them as superior to anyone else's.. Think like this, if you oppose people like axel just for speaking his mind, what will ultimately happen? Will it make axel feel he can discuss things with others?! I doubt it!

And Don, psychology is a great subject, it really makes you appreciate others more! *hint directed to the A2 student, bekaboo - do you not know what its like in year 10-11?!*

Self centred behaviour? How much empathy is Axle showing to Bekaboo and people who haved experienced suicudical problems? He is the one who is putting his experiences above others, as he clearly doesnt recognise how offensive his post could be taken. Who's showing self centred behaviour there?

I appreciate he might be having problems, but in the real life you cant apply your pyschological textbook knowledge, to such a situation. He has to learn, regardless of his situation, that such comments are not acceptable. Just because you have a problem, doesnt mean you can act irrespective of other!

ReputationRep:
    Don't moderators come and delete irrelevant stuff (in regard to the thread title, that is)?

Maybe that's an urban myth... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy Rich$$)
    Self centred behaviour? How much empathy is Axle showing to Bekaboo and people who haved experienced suicudical problems? He is the one who is putting his experiences above others, as he clearly doesnt recognise how offensive his post could be taken. Who's showing self centred behaviour there?

I appreciate he might be having problems, but in the real life you cant apply your pyschological textbook knowledge, to such a situation. He has to learn, regardless of his situation, that such comments are not acceptable. Just because you have a problem, doesnt mean you can act irrespective of other!

Why would he need to?! As far as he's concerned, he has a problem, and thinking about other peoples problems will not help in a situation like this. Empathy involves thinking what it would be like in another person's situation... obviously by reading the red text one can learn that he understands people will have conflicting views with him, he even suggests they should stop reading.... Also, according to his account, he has experienced suicide, and yet he didn't seem to care (which shows a possible situational factor influencing this). Also, he does not continue to post, and prior to this thread we was just another normal tsr member to the majority of people. The only people to take offense up to now show lack of understanding of other peoples emotions, and just rant at whatever conflicts with their own views...

And, of course physchological textbooks can be applied to real life issues, as everything in them is to do with real life issues! Whats more, psychology is more a practical subject, helping people cope with problems, and to develop good inter-personal skills.

ReputationRep:
    I THINK U JUS NEED TO CHILL
    SADDO FOR WRITING THIS LONG POST

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to rub in any of my results except for my Food tech one where I'm going to smear lard over the face of anyone who does better than me.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Bs, Cs and Ds are anything to brag about. Come on people, put the power of prayer together and hope i get an A in something.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.