Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    In my opinion, good girl must be a virgin until she marries. Or until she finds the one she loves and want to live with him for whole life.
    And a good boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Adolph Hitler managed it. Sure he was a monster, yet he was admired for many reasons, one of which was the ability to make a stance.
    but the Nazis wanted to ban sex unless it was for procreation. I doubt they wanted to lower the age of consent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    but the Nazis wanted to ban sex unless it was for procreation. I doubt they wanted to lower the age of consent
    Yes they did. Some of their senior officers were marrying 14 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't talking about their stance on sex mate. Simply the fact that ole Adolph was willing to make a stance at risk of being ridiculed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)

but they still only wanted people to have sex for procreation. Now a word from the historians Noakes and Pridham in their source work on Nazism:

The Function Of Sex

Sexual activity serves the purpose of procreation for the maitenance of the life of the nation and not the enjoyment of the individual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    True. Also Hitler's call for all women of the Reich to donate a child/son. Being a woman was judged by having the third 'bad time of the month'. So 13-14 wasn't too uncommon. Sick for older men to do so, yet not that uncommon all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I wasn't talking about their stance on sex mate. Simply the fact that ole Adolph was willing to make a stance at risk of being ridiculed.
    Well fair enough. Point taken

ReputationRep:
    but they still only wanted people to have sex for procreation. Now a word from the historians Noakes and Pridham in their source work on Nazism:

The Function Of Sex

Sexual activity serves the purpose of procreation for the maitenance of the life of the nation and not the enjoyment of the individual
    Noakes and Pridham were thrown out of many school libraries when I was beginning high school. John Toland - Hitler. Read it. Bit lengthy at 800 pages roughly, but thats what you're after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    And a good boy?
    May be.I am not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Noakes and Pridham were thrown out of many school libraries when I was beginning high school. John Toland - Hitler. Read it. Bit lengthy at 800 pages roughly, but thats what you're after.

The 4 Volumes of sources on Nazism compiled by Noakes and Pridham are the core texts for my third year module on Nazism at degree level

ReputationRep:
    my PSHE teacher was telling us all the other day that they might be making sex legal at 12...i dont see the point of that but there you go...

ReputationRep:
    The 4 Volumes of sources on Nazism compiled by Noakes and Pridham are the core texts for my third year module on Nazism at degree level
    You're kidding I hope. Burn it, burn it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You're kidding I hope. Burn it, burn it.

Nope I'm not kidding. How can they be so bad. They're just a collection of sources from the time! The commentry on the sources may not be to your taste but the fact that they've compiled these 4 volumes of primary sources must have some value, especially to someone like me who doesn't speak German

ReputationRep:
    Who knew that a thread on sex could be so interesting? *chuckles* Though I'd like to know why Hitler never decided have a child, or even adopt one and claim it to be his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Who knew that a thread on sex could be so interesting? *chuckles* Though I'd like to know why Hitler never decided have a child, or even adopt one and claim it to be his own.
    He's supposed to have had a child. But they won't reveal who it is for her safety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Because he was too buy running the country I suppose. Or perhaps having a wife and child would make the German public see him as human like them and not the demigod that he wanted to be seen as

Oh, this is my 100th post! yay!

ReputationRep:
    Nope I'm not kidding. How can they be so bad. They're just a collection of sources from the time! The commentry on the sources may not be to your taste but the fact that they've compiled these 4 volumes of primary sources must have some value, especially to someone like me who doesn't speak German
    Well that is the point. I can't claim I've read it all entirely, but have sat reading quite a bit of it. The commentary is basically what got them thrown out over here. Flawed interpretations I think was the reason I was given. They did make the mistake of stating a few times that Hitler's aim was complete world domination. Not even Hitler knew what he really wanted though. Sociopathical in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    how we went from sex to Hitler is beyond me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Well that is the point. I can't claim I've read it all entirely, but have sat reading quite a bit of it. The commentary is basically what got them thrown out over here. Flawed interpretations I think was the reason I was given. They did make the mistake of stating a few times that Hitler's aim was complete world domination. Not even Hitler knew what he really wanted though. Sociopathical in the extreme.
    Seems to me that Hitler dis not want world domination, just the unification of all Germanic peoples. In fact he really admired the British government and in the early years of his political career he seemed to want anything but war with Britain.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Because he was too buy running the country I suppose. Or perhaps having a wife and child would make the German public see him as human like them and not the demigod that he wanted to be seen as

Oh, this is my 100th post! yay!
    Congrats on the 100th

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2003
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.