Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure where to put this but it has been baffling me for a long long time and I've asked my useless tutors at College and I get told different answers... so I'm wondering if you guys know it...

Right now I am doing my ASs and I feel as if I haven't put enough effort into them during this series of exams. With the UCAS forms needing to be completed early on my A2 year, would I:

a) need to fill in my AS grades on the form
    b) would universities base their offers on my AS grades if I want to repeat them in January? (Most important question.)
    c) what happens if my grade improves when I recieve the results in March and my form has already been submitted?
    d) when do Universities conduct interviews?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    you put predicted grades(your teachers will predict your A2 grades based on AS results) on UCAS form. so you can retake AS's in January.

ReputationRep:
    So if I get really crap grades say... D E E, my teachers would put them down or the grades they think I would get in the January series of examinations?

ReputationRep:
    nonono, based on your AS results this summer and some pursuation from you - teachers will predict the whole A-level results(AS+A2).

ReputationRep:
    Crap hehehe, I meant if I got D E E in my ASs hehe sorry for the misunderstanding!

ReputationRep:
    Ooooooooooo I just read the UCAS website and it says the final date they recieve applications is 30th of June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hakkashinhwauk)
    Ooooooooooo I just read the UCAS website and it says the final date they recieve applications is 30th of June.
    are you joking?!?!?! thats rubbish, how can you submit your application without even knowing what grades you got?? Do you have the link which says this?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it's 30th June 2006 I'm talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right!
    But are you sure you have to submit at the end of june? thought it was later on

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/apply/applying_online.pdf Page 16.

ReputationRep:
    I see, does this apply with 2005?

ReputationRep:
    No, this particular booklet is only for September 2006 entries, don't have a clue about September 2005.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right thats where I got confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hakkashinhwauk)
    I'm not too sure where to put this but it has been baffling me for a long long time and I've asked my useless tutors at College and I get told different answers... so I'm wondering if you guys know it...

Right now I am doing my ASs and I feel as if I haven't put enough effort into them during this series of exams. With the UCAS forms needing to be completed early on my A2 year, would I:

a) need to fill in my AS grades on the form
    b) would universities base their offers on my AS grades if I want to repeat them in January? (Most important question.)
    c) what happens if my grade improves when I recieve the results in March and my form has already been submitted?
    d) when do Universities conduct interviews?

Thanks!
    I would recommend you to fill in everything in the application form including your personal statement over the summer. When you get your AS results on august 18, go back home and fill the AS results on your application form.

To answer your 4 questions:

a) Yes, you will need to fill in your AS grades on the forms. In addition, enter your year of exam (i.e. june 2005) and the exam board you are following (i.e. AQA, OCR, Edexcel)

b) Yes, some uni's will base your AS grades to make offers, however, they would also take your predicted grades, personal statement, and reference in consideration when deciding to make offers. Therefore, grades are not the only thing to make offers.

c) If your AS grade improves after the resits, you could call them.

d) When you get an offer, the uni will contact you about interviews in a few weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    If your AS results are bad, you can decline them, which means you won't need to put them on your UCAS form and you can resit. You won't need to contact the universities when your AS grades change because you won't have listed them in the first place. That means they'll use your predicted A-level grades, so you'll need to talk to your teachers and convince them you can do better with AS resits and hard work at A2. The majority of universities don't interview for the majority of their courses, but if they do, you'll be sent details with the offer.

ReputationRep:
    If your AS results are bad, you can decline them, which means you won't need to put them on your UCAS form and you can resit. You won't need to contact the universities when your AS grades change because you won't have listed them in the first place. That means they'll use your predicted A-level grades, so you'll need to talk to your teachers and convince them you can do better with AS resits and hard work at A2. The majority of universities don't interview for the majority of their courses, but if they do, you'll be sent details shortly after applying.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.