Turn on thread page Beta

What to wear to lectures? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you wear to lectures?

ReputationRep:
    Just normal clothes! No need for anything particularly fancy.

ReputationRep:
    whatever you feel comfortable with

ReputationRep:
    Why would you care haha...? If I was at Uni, I wouldn't care about what I wear, because you would just go in then get out and probably go back to sleep because of a late night you had before. No point in having gunk in your hair and spraying all this stuff.. and dressing up all nice and just to take it all off when you arrive back into your room.

What I wear to College is just whatever I could find that's handy and I don't even bother with my hair anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Some people get tarted up for lectures. Those people are, invariably, *****.

I prefer going for the 'alcoholic who resents being woken up before 3pm' look. Hell, most of the time I'm still drunk or getting there in the back row.

ReputationRep:
    LibertineNorth: Hahaha respect man! That's what I would do.

I can't stand the t**ts who go into College wearing fake tan and straightening their hair and plastering themselves with make up that it literally makes them smell (which makes them even more unappealing!)

ReputationRep:
    i tend to live in jeans/trainers/t-shirt... no one cares what you look like really (and i think that's a pretty standard student outfit). i know one guy who turned up in a hospital gown thing (he'd got very drunk the night before, ended up in hospital and so gone straight to his maths lecture which was pretty impressive)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeh jeans + t shirt is the trend !

ReputationRep:
    Just wear what you usually wear when you go out with your friends or shopping or college.

ReputationRep:
    wot about trackie bottoms? wud u b labelled a chav if u wore them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    Just normal clothes! No need for anything particularly fancy.
    :ditto: actually

I tend to leave the dressing up for parties and things *wants you to pretend you didn't see this post if you're familiar with the hair thread* :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wear what you want. Most people are hung over anyway and the really cool people don't go to lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    *wants you to pretend you didn't see this post if you're familiar with the hair thread* :eek:
    Ok, don't worry, I didn't read your post, I didn't even see it - I have no idea what I'm replying to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Wear what you want. Most people are hung over anyway and the really cool people don't go to lectures.
    do the really cool people get a degree at the end? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    Nah i doubt its cool to get a degree and get a 1st :rolleyes:

I know what people mean about dressing up just for college which is a bit stupid, although it mainly seems to be the girls who do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    Yep, either a desmond or a sturdy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    ...although it mainly seems to be the girls who do so.
    what a surprise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As long as you wear something, most people won't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMM)
    As long as you wear something, most people won't mind.
    Damn, so my birthday suit wasn't a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i tend to live in jeans/trainers/t-shirt... no one cares what you look like really (and i think that's a pretty standard student outfit). i know one guy who turned up in a hospital gown thing (he'd got very drunk the night before, ended up in hospital and so gone straight to his maths lecture which was pretty impressive)

lou xxx
    lmao :rofl:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.