Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely anything you want! Jeans and tshirt is what most people do. I've seen guys in leather from head to foot, I've seen tarts.. whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Generally it's sensible to put uni as first priority, then comfort/convenience after that.

ReputationRep:
    what ever is clean.

ReputationRep:
    nothing at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Some people get tarted up for lectures. Those people are, invariably, *****.

I prefer going for the 'alcoholic who resents being woken up before 3pm' look. Hell, most of the time I'm still drunk or getting there in the back row.
    lmao.. that comment just made me fall off my chair and completely describes my four years at university!!!

*goes off to find more alcohol before they make me leave forever*

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think it matters. At all.

ReputationRep:
    It tends to be my normal lazing around the house clothes (combats + t-shirt + cardigan if cold). No point dressing up for lectures imo.

ReputationRep:
    Your birthday suit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_buttercup)
    wot about trackie bottoms? wud u b labelled a chav if u wore them?
    Absolutely not. There are sporty people at unis who do their sporty things and wear sporty clothes, and there are about a million students that can barely be bothered to go to lectures at all, but if they have to turn up they're damn well going to do it in something comfortable!

ReputationRep:
    I always get 'dressed up' no matter what I'm doing. I always wear skirts, high heels, smart tops and a variety of Victorian stylee velvet jackets. Whether I'm going for a walk, going to school, going shopping that's what I wear. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable wearing typical university student type clothes. I don't even own a pair of jeans!

Will people think I'm a nutter?!

ReputationRep:
    i would be tempted on a day like this just to go in some shorts and a vesty bskt ball shirt thing... is thth 2 casual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    i would be tempted on a day like this just to go in some shorts and a vesty bskt ball shirt thing... is thth 2 casual
    Nope - you can wear what you want!!

ReputationRep:
    Do people start of trendy then slowly go down hill lol

Some people really get dressed up... others just normal jeans kinda thing. typical student stuff. Although ive had lectures with masters students who were wearing suits...

ReputationRep:
    All the lectures I attended were with Comp Sci students...the usual attire was the same thing they wore the day before...and the day before that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    I always get 'dressed up' no matter what I'm doing. I always wear skirts, high heels, smart tops and a variety of Victorian stylee velvet jackets. Whether I'm going for a walk, going to school, going shopping that's what I wear. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable wearing typical university student type clothes. I don't even own a pair of jeans!

Will people think I'm a nutter?!
    I think you're a nutter for wearing heels every day, but never mind. People probably won't care unless you really try to make everyone look at you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I think you're a nutter for wearing heels every day, but never mind. People probably won't care unless you really try to make everyone look at you.
    i just wear trainers, jeans, white t shirt and black suade (sp) jacket, straighten my hair and a bit of makeup - and this is what i call dressing up.

Do i dress up to much lol considering im doing sports science?

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to check before I join my friends in the mad sale frenzie. They are buying black school like trousers and those blouses which look like you are wearing a shirt and a blouse but it is just a top.

I just think sixth form uniform when I see them and will not be buying them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchiBoi)
    Do people start of trendy then slowly go down hill lol
    Hahaha, I agree with that statement!

ReputationRep:
    Do guys need to wear long pants (eg. jeans, trousers) or can they wear like boardshorts? Just curious..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.