Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, Have fun!

Post how you think these papers went after you have done the exam !

ReputationRep:
    Module 5 was ok I think. I did not retake module 4.

ReputationRep:
    module 5 was hard! very strange questions!

ReputationRep:
    Quite liked module 5. Except that respiration question with NAD. Good old 'standard answer' on eutrophication though, always a banker for 5 marks surely?

ReputationRep:
    I did not revise eutrophication (I had succesion reserched nicely and this did not come up grrr) but I think I have managed to get those 5 marks anyway. The respiration question was nasty :/.

ReputationRep:
    I dont remember what it asked! I remember it was there, but for the life of me I cant think what the questions were! what would be a D out of 66? I need a D in that paper and I dont even think I have managed that

ReputationRep:
    I thought both went very well (though I am doing units 4 and 5 for the first and only time) and should go some way to cementing my A in Biology into place.
    The exams didn't really require any of the highly technical knowledge which was surprising. I spent 10mins this morning revising M discs, H discs, I bands and Z bands :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    where was meiosis? I got up at 4 this morning to revise it! Gutted! Shattered now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokas)
    I dont remember what it asked! I remember it was there, but for the life of me I cant think what the questions were! what would be a D out of 66? I need a D in that paper and I dont even think I have managed that
    D is 33UMS marks - bare in mind that paper is half of unit 5, the other half is the coursework. If everybody found it hard then it's possible they scale the whole thing up.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was horrible! and i didnt like mod 4 either, was so much easier in jan! how u find it? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    These were the raw marks needed for each grade in Jan's Environment paper. They usually stay the same. Some fluctuate by one more here and there.

A = 42 B = 38 C = 34 D = 30 E = 26

Paper out of 66

ReputationRep:
    64% for an A? That's shocking. Is that just the paper on it's own or is that with the coursework/practical as well?

ReputationRep:
    just took mods 4 and 5 first time. thought both were ok. the grade boundaries are very low for A so hopefully that should ensure me my A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corkskrew)
    64% for an A? That's shocking. Is that just the paper on it's own or is that with the coursework/practical as well?
    Just exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggymills)
    Just exam
    Still shocking.
    Well at least my ecology stuff can be shoved to the far side of my room. Got to promote the behaviour & populations stuff to the central space on my bedroom floor now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone i spoke to after the exam thought it was hard, must have just been the poor teaching lol. Why am I laughing, it's not funny

ReputationRep:
    I thought both Module 5 and 4 were quite easy - I was in hospital when I was supposed to do Module 4 in January so I missed it (so it wasn't a resit).

* Strange happenings...? * - I've recently decided to start breeding rabbits and over the past few months (as well as revising) I've been reading up on rabbit fur colour genetics. How weird is it that this should turn up on the Module 4 exam?! I was well chuffed when I saw the question - easy!

Hope everyone did well.

Laura xxxx

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.