Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hmm unit5 wasnt too difficult, i mean the way they gave questions i didnt know what i should write because i had so much info on the topic in my head. I found question 2 on the fish most difficult as i found myself repeating myself in part a and c

ReputationRep:
    btw do u think the grade boundaires for uinit 4 and 5 will be betweeen 40's and 50's? or 50's and 60's ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ossoss87)
    btw do u think the grade boundaires for uinit 4 and 5 will be betweeen 40's and 50's? or 50's and 60's ?!
    High 40s for an A I expect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KP Nuts)
    lol, two phases of drug therapy over at least 6 months. Antibiotics and anti-tuberculosis drugs.

I must say I found these two papers quite tricky. Everything that came up (apart from damn primers) I had revised, but a lot of the questions were not all that specific. From my past experience of biology exams, even though you think you got everything right (and most probably did get the general ideas) the marks are difficult to get. I was so sure I got an A for AS and got a low B. I think biology papers are v difficult to judge.
    Nah, I feel exactly the same thing as you. It is hard to know whether or not did I hit the point. From my own experience of doing the paspaper, if the mark is 5 , and I wrote 8 possible points, I can only hits 4 marks according to the marking scheme.
    But I did my best.

The Food science question was familiar, so I got the idea.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, what are the products of non-cyclic photophosphorylation?

ReputationRep:
    ATP and NADPH is what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    ATP and NADPH is what I put
    Me too. And oxygen as a waste product - not sure if that bit's right though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Me too. And oxygen as a waste product - not sure if that bit's right though!
    I think thats right. But it was only 2 marks - I didn't add that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I think thats right. But it was only 2 marks - I didn't add that
    I keep thinking of little things I've done wrong and it's really pissing me off :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I forgot the oxygen too o well

Someone on here said their teacher was head of bio for edexcel and sed photosynthese and DNA would b big q's....and they were so thank u whoever u r!!!

I think its was a rele easy exam bt i made too many silly mistakes. Sometimes i prefer harder ones coz the grade boundaries r lower!

Brain q was well gd!!

Err also ne1 else glad there wasnt a big essay on unit 5? i was suprised by the length of the paper and how many graph q's there were!!

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking of little things I've done wrong and it's really pissing me off :mad:
    Same, I think back and then think i did something wrong when at the time i am 100% sure. AND i forget whats on the exam already!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hope they can read my writing too It got a bit frantic towards the end of unit 5!

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys going to revise for the edexcel synoptic on friday??????

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean Ellie - i freaked out about teh scanner thing

By the end of one question, which started with my normal quite big writing, my writing was smaller than this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I know what you mean Ellie - i freaked out about teh scanner thing

By the end of one question, which started with my normal quite big writing, my writing was smaller than this
    Lol yep! And di everyone else find they went onto extra paper for almost every q?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanepeters1)
    How are you guys going to revise for the edexcel synoptic on friday??????
    Same way as i revised for synoptic today...

ReputationRep:
    Lol yep! And di everyone else find they went onto extra paper for almost every q?!
    YES, I WAS GETTING WORRIED, I WAS WRITING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR EVERY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't too bad with extra paper because there were a fair few where i was just hoping i was on the right track and after the tiny writing incident i started writing small on every Q!!

ReputationRep:
    no i think dnt worri becos the question asked which prods of non cyc are used in ld rxn so ur rite i fink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelclarke15)
    I forgot the oxygen too o well
    Guys, don't worry, it asked for the two products that are used in the light independent stage, you didn't have to write oxygen

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.