Turn on thread page Beta

Are women more jealous than men? (In general) watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this does not apply to everybody, just wondering. was having discussion about it before...

please don't let your sex get in the way of this poll, it could be genuinely interesting.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    Obviously this does not apply to everybody, just wondering. was having discussion about it before...

please don't let your sex get in the way of this poll, it could be genuinely interesting.

Thank you
    I'd say we are

ReputationRep:
    i think they can both be equally jealous, given the right situation. women tend to pick on smaller things, and a lot depends on their hormones! men, however, more than jealous men can just be extremely (and often unnecessarily!) protective. and thought this can come across as adorable, it can be a bit scary! also i think guys tend to be more worried about their 'women' having close male friends, whereas females understand that friendship bond...

ReputationRep:
    I think generally they're equal. I don't really get jealous that much. I used to get paranoid when I was with my ex but that was a different thing. I actually think the guy I'm with now gets jealous more than me lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think men tend to voice their jealousies more than women (from my experience at least) i've had a jealous boyfriend and i couldn't stand the thought that he didn't trust me...he wasn't a very confident guy anyway, but i really liked him and i found out he was jealous because i was talking and laughing with a guy we both were friends with it kinda freaked me out.

I have been jealous in the past but never really told the other person i was jealouse because it usually stems from your own insecurities and if you're having a bad day or whatever you do tend to get jealous when you shouldn't be.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say men. Women are more protective of what they have than men - If you've ever been in a situation where two families are on holiday you'll know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    i put equally jealous because i think it depends entirely on the person. My boyfriend is far more jealous than i am, for example, but then i have friends who are more jealous than their boyfriends...it's individual personality, not sex.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.