Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Such is bliss, when you're reluctant to wake up on a freezing cold morning, possums all lightly dusted with snow outside but then you are later greeted with warm porridge and honey

Well that was my experience this morning, and I have to say, was a wake-up call to me. Why had I in the past, turned down this meal for cold cereal up till today?? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

I can tell you, it won't happen again this winter :cool: DB has discovered porridge, June 2005 Perhaps a bit later than most, but it was a worthwhile experience. I would just like to say that I appreciated its goodness, thankyou.

That, and others on here can feel free to post their most memorial porridge experiences :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I might go the supermarket after this and stock up on some breakfast food. Btw, who's digging the fruity flavoured ones, how mad (in a good way) are they?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Haen't you heard of the story of 'The Magic Porridge Pot'?

If you have I'm sure you'd be aware of the dangers of eating porridge and would never go near the stuff again just in case you have the magic poridge pot... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)

If you have I'm sure you'd be aware of the dangers of eating porridge and would never go near the stuff again just in case you have the magic poridge pot... :p:
    that story scared me when i was little

ReputationRep:

Lol don't mind this thread, I only set it up as a joke earlier today. I knew this would happen, nevermind. I was just doing it for laughs. You could say I have a random sense of humour :/

ReputationRep:
    I really really don't like porridge.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's ALMOST as good as the cocopops society, but not quite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Lol don't mind this thread, I only set it up as a joke earlier today. I knew this would happen, nevermind. I was just doing it for laughs. You could say I have a random sense of humour :/
    totally......

i love porrige!

ReputationRep:
    I'm alright with porridge - I don't love it but I don't hate it either.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's only good if you put a spoon in it, and the spoon stays up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monteferro)
    I'm alright with porridge - I don't love it but I don't hate it either.
    With me, it was just - I hadn't really discovered its use until this month. Usually I would just look at it and go 'what's that' :confused: :rolleyes: But yeah, I'm usually indifferent to it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What about museli? anyone here like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    whats that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    whats that?
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...muesli&spell=1

Even worse than porridge (imo) :|
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Niaya)
    that story scared me when i was little
    Me too...but it never stopped it being one of my favourite stories

ReputationRep:
    Me too...but it never stopped it being one of my favourite stories
    Would you care to recount that story for those of us who haven't heard of it before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    so funny i was watchin a talk show and they said

"museli was so last year porrige is in now"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    so funny i was watchin a talk show and they said

"museli was so last year porrige is in now"
    Lol that's actually amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmmm porridge...haven't had it for ages, though!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Monteferro)
    Would you care to recount that story for those of us who haven't heard of it before?
    Well there is this girl and her mother who are very poor and the girl goes crying in the woods as she is hungry but they hve no food.

The girl meets a strange old woman who hands the girl a black pot and says if you are ver hungry say to the pot 'Cook little pot, cook' and porridge will start to appear in the pot. To stop it cooking say 'stop little pot, stop' and it will stop producing porridge.

The girl ran home with the pot and told her mother. They lived happily eating porridge for a long time.

One day the little girl went out walking. Whilst she did her mother was hungry and said to the pot 'cook little pot, cook'.
    Her mother started to enjoy the porridge she had cook.

But she had forgotten to stop the pot from making porridge and she when she had finished her bowl full looked up to see the kitchen table covered in porridge.

The mother got worried and didn't know what to do. She had forogtten how to stop the pot cooking. But still it kept on cooking..more and more porridge. The kitchen got flooded and the mother had to escape out into the street. She was crying an worried and ran round to her friends and neighbours asking them to stop the pot from cooking, but none of then knew how.

The street got flooded with porridge and everyone ran away to save themselves.

The main town square got flooded, then the whole town was flooded. People paniced as they tried to save their children and belongings from the danger of the porridge. Eventualy the porridge started to leave the village and at this time the little girl came back from her walk to a firghtfull sight. She wondered what had happend.

Then her distraught mother can running up to her crying. 'Help, help, stop it, stop it'. She cried. The littel girl immediately knew what had to be done and said the words 'stop little pot, stop' and the magic black pot stopped producing more porridge. But it didn't help the town sort itself out. All the residents had to eat porridge for months afterwards just so they could get back to their houses...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.