Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    Yes you are, you've got in a stroppy mood over nothing! What the hell are those tables complied for, if not to be looked at?

I bet you are one of those seriously depressing, boring, moody losers who people cant stand in life! You really sound it! All your posts in this thread have a moaning droan to them! As well as in other threads where iv just been told that you sound like a man. No wonder you fit into imperial so well!
    With all due respect even the compilers state that it would be naive to choose universities on the basis of the tables alone.
    Try to relax a little, it's only a student internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    With all due respect even the compilers state that it would be naive to choose universities on the basis of the tables alone.
    Try to relax a little, it's only a student internet forum.
    I wrote about the bottom line of your sig in my general studies exam why is maths important for a technolocial society? owtte

ReputationRep:
    Economics- UCL (but close between the two)
    Law- UCL
    Medicine- UCL
    Computer Science- UCL
    Mathematics- UCL
    Physics- UCL
    Engineering (not sure)
    PPE- Warwick (had to let them win something, seeng as thought UCL doesnt do PPE lol)
    Politics- Warwick (UCL doesnt do Politics i dont think lol)

how to put this... completely wrong, if UCL is better than warwick for nything its arts

so yeah id like to know why? cause with ll due respect i not physics maths and computer science r better at warwick

ReputationRep:
    im saying warwick cos im going there.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this sounds like some election campaing to me, both sides scolding each other for votes, if only the universities were advertising this aggressively like students here. well personally they are both good.

The only reason i would pick UCL over Warwick for investment and/or finance career is because its in the london which makes life easier to do some networking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    lol, are those supposed to be insults? cuz they're pathetic. Now perhaps you want to grow up and stop acting about 9 years old. This is a place where people debate, and yes neg rep also, if you can't handle that and are so offended by the neg rep, you might want to switch the computer off. I wouldn't like to know how you handle real life. Though to be fair, you probably don't socially interact with people by the sounds of it.

Ah yes, and you were the one getting "stroppy" over the negative rep, dear. Someone has a short memory eh?

Edit: Now can we get back to the topic in hand, or are you going to carry on acting like a spoilt brat?
    It was hardly a post that would offend people! I cant see why you had to neg rep me- what was the point? Can you not debate on here or something??

ReputationRep:
    UCL, better networking

ReputationRep:
    It was hardly a post that would offend people! I cant see why you had to neg rep me- what was the point? Can you not debate on here or something??
    Lol you're asking me if I can't debate on here? Ahem, I was the one counter-acting your original post :rolleyes: I think someone needs to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I gave you neg rep because you spouted rubbish and someone needed to point it out to you. Get over it, because not only is it not a big deal, the fact that you have such a hard time coping with "negative rep" on an internet forum indicates to me that frankly you need to spend some time offline, talking to real people, to find out the things that matter to you in your life...which hopefully aren't just "neg rep".

Ah yes, and if I could, I'd give you heaps more neg rep, because you're actually quite pathetic...not just on this thread, but generally in this forum. Seriously, leave this place and return only when you've grown up a little.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Bosslady,

Hoping you could help me out.

Will you marry me?

Love you.

(This isn't a joke)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Lol you're asking me if I can't debate on here? Ahem, I was the one counter-acting your original post :rolleyes: I think someone needs to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I gave you neg rep because you spouted rubbish and someone needed to point it out to you. Get over it, because not only is it not a big deal, the fact that you have such a hard time coping with "negative rep" on an internet forum indicates to me that frankly you need to spend some time offline, talking to real people, to find out the things that matter to you in your life...which hopefully aren't just "neg rep".

Ah yes, and if I could, I'd give you heaps more neg rep, because you're actually quite pathetic...not just on this thread, but generally in this forum. Seriously, leave this place and return only when you've grown up a little.
    Like where?? The only things i completely detest with are the labour party and islam, both contain sh*t and talk a lot of b*llox!

As with your reference to how much time i spend on here, im not actually on here very often, so that comment of yours has gone tits-up!!

I have such a hard time coping with neg rep- erm not quite! I just dont like it when its not throughly deserved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleasehelp)
    Hi Bosslady,

Hoping you could help me out.

Will you marry me?

Love you.

(This isn't a joke)
    lol- before anyone says that was me- it soooooooo wasnt/isnt!!

ReputationRep:
    You really HAVE to get over the neg rep thing, I felt you deserved some (obviously no one thinks they deserve neg rep themselves), so live with it. Now how about we all get back to the topic in hand...

Actually Sarky made an interesting point earlier about the medicine courses being different at both the unis...though I suppose it won't concern the OP much if they're planning on going into investment/finance!

Edit: Perhaps this is how you are trying to avoid other people giving you neg rep...annoying people so much that they don't bother...well hey people are just going to give you anonymous rep instead so it isn't gonna work!

ReputationRep:
    UCL has, both in its own right and as part of the University of London, a far more prominent name and reputation internationally and greater prestige accorded it as a result of this and of its history (which Warwick lacks). Its London situation is also a great boost.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick wins. Hands down. UCL isn't even better in all the arts subjects. English at Warwick is one of the best and most competitive courses in the country. I think UCL is trading on an outdated reputation, whereas Warwick, although already right up at the top, is still up and coming.

ReputationRep:
    So BossLady, did you think about my suggestion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    UCL, better networking
    It may be in London but I really don't see broke students chilling in Mayfair with IBers. Plus Warwick is only 2 hours away by train so any recruitment events can easily be attended. Care to justify your statement*?

*I'm not attacking you, just curious.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=melbourne]Like where?? The only things i completely detest with are the labour party and islam, both contain sh*t and talk a lot of b*llox!
    [QUOTE]

im not a muslim but im fairly sure thats a very racist attitude.l.. condeming like 20% of the worlds population.... i mean have u actually studied it or just absorbed other peoples views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Warwick wins. Hands down. UCL isn't even better in all the arts subjects. English at Warwick is one of the best and most competitive courses in the country. I think UCL is trading on an outdated reputation, whereas Warwick, although already right up at the top, is still up and coming.
    source?

Winning hands down is an exagerration to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about other degrees, but since this is the investment/finance category I assume you want to know which uni is better for that area.

Ranking them purely by the ability to get a good job after, Warwick is better in the investment/finance sector. They're quite close, but Warwick still carries more reputation at IBanks and Financial companies.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you are one of those seriously depressing, boring, moody losers who people cant stand in life! You really sound it! All your posts in this thread have a moaning droan to them! As well as in other threads where iv just been told that you sound like a man. No wonder you fit into imperial so well!
    boss lady is actually really cool in real life and very womanly.
    she has lots of friends and everyone loves her.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.