Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone just done their paper 2 for history.....
    cant see any other threads about it.

i personally thought it was easy*ish*...except the last question which i ran out of time on..

ReputationRep:
    ok this is the worst exam ever, i just fell absolutely *****, i stopped writing half way through and just couldn't be asked, i revised for all the wrong thing, arhhh...plus the fact that i didn't have to to make my point in the last qs :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    u probley have done better than u think....any ways who need history :p:

u done need it for the alevels ur taking so even if you have ***** it up dont worry

ReputationRep:
    ????!!!!!!!!????
    exam was okish
    abit of a weirdish exm i dont like it

ReputationRep:
    exam was hard and weird.lol.everything about reforms. question 3 was really tricky one. the last question was hard. I didnt have much time for it and in the end i squezzed everything on some bit of paper.lol. that wasnt good at all.examiner wont understand anything.lol.

ReputationRep:
    i just couldn't concentrate at all, i jus seriously don't know wat happened...

was question 3 the advertisement? i thought that was the most pointless question. the whole paper was on whether the reform was a success, i mean, what happened to why it was passed?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was prety hard to and I was very rushed at the end!
    Ah well, we're so close to the end now... Life after GCSE's ...
    Love Hev xxx

ReputationRep:
    had to rush the last question a little but overall I think I did OK
    hopefully an A* on my coursework and a good mark on p1 will not reduce my mark too much

ReputationRep:
    the question 3 was about a source which showed a happy girl smiling. the question itself asks something like how far does the source shows about life of children during 1909-1914.it was tricky. well i mentioned, yes, source shows healthy smart kid. This suggests that reforms such as School meals, medical inspection were a success. however it didnt happen so quickly. not everyone benefited and duirng holidays children lost weights because they couldnt afford to buy food. So free school meals was a success during only a school time.

ReputationRep:
    free school meals were not for everyone u could have also used the source to say that it could be from a rich family and that it was only a minority and also liberal used propaganda top show that times were good for children.

ReputationRep:
    i said it was not a true representation of all children at this time as some children were living in bad poverty
    briefly mentioned the childrens reforms that were introduced and said that they did help but not too much

ReputationRep:
    plus the fact that it's an advertisement trying to sell painting book, so of course it wouldn't put some ragged filthy kid up there lol, besides it's targeted at the rich children

ReputationRep:
    and the fact that it was published in a paintings book aimed at children so it would be ridiculous to show a painting of poor conditions of East end london for children, cuz children can get scared.lol.

ReputationRep:
    was source c and g linked coz they both talk about the condition in east london?

ReputationRep:
    funny .....
    the exam was a bit too easy for the topic but it was still quite hard

i was on question 5 by time 45mins had gone and i was using the replacement sheets to answer the questions cause i filled up that crappy booklet .

also the first source i have studied before so that was easy
    the question where you had to compare i think source G AND H that threw me off slightly i knew what i wanted to say but i couldn't work out how to word it

i wasted 48 hours revising i knew i should have gone to bed earlier
    luckilly the whole thing was on about the children

you know the source d the painting book thing
    how did you view that cause i think i did it wrong

bytw source G and c were linked

ReputationRep:
    Paper wasnt too bad, quite nejoyed it really.

ReputationRep:
    This suggests that reforms such as School meals, medical inspection were a success. however it didnt happen so quickly. not everyone benefited and duirng holidays children lost weights because they couldnt afford to buy food. So free school meals was a success during only a school time
    I was gonna write something like that, but I flipped it round. Instead I wrote that the fact that the School Meals Act, 1906, and the School Medical Act (or whatever it was, 1907) and the Children and Young Persons Act, 1908, were introduced, meant that a majority of children in Britain (1906-1914) were living in poverty, as otherwise, why would they need to be introduced? So yeah, I said that all children could not be living the like that of the child in the picture, as otherwise, none of these Acts would have been necessary. I also said the girl in the picture looked happy, content, healthy, clean, generally well cared for. But Seebohm Rowntree's report contradicted this idea, especially because in his 1901 published book: Poverty: A Study of Town Life, 52% of all people asked stated that large families were their cause of poverty. I said this insinuated a huge number of children would be living in poverty, and thus, they couldn't be "happy", "content", "healthy" etc. Um, oh yeah, I said that that the advert's purpose was to sell a product, and thus, image was important and that it would not sell as well with a more truthful image. I said the modern day equivalent was when we air brush pictures in adverts, so I said essentially the fact that it was trying to persuade people meant that it wasn't really representative of the truth.

However, I did say it was truthful to an extent, because of course, some middle class and upper class children would have lived like the child in the picture. But, I said, this was a minority, and thus, no the picture wasn't all that truthful, as a majority were living in immense poverty, hence the introduction of the welfare reforms acts for children.

ReputationRep:
    Paper wasnt too bad, quite nejoyed it really.
    Noo! I mean, no it wasn't too bad, but I didn't really enjoy it! I enjoyed the first one, this time around, my hand ached like mad, and my pen just didn't really seem to flow (does that make sense?!). A bit forced I thought. A bit annoyed that only the Liberals came up, because I properly revised the Suffragettes/Suffragists as well. Also, I hoped that the reasons why the reforms were introduced would come up and they didn't really. Also, what did people say for that question about which one was more trustworthy? I think I badly messed up because the first one was a report produced by some independant body for the Liberal government, but for some reason, I think I went off rambling that it was biased because it was produced essentially for/by the Liberal government and that it's purpose was to gain support for the reforms. But now I'm thinking it's the complete opposite, independant report should mean it's not biased eh?

Oh, and is it just me or did everyone rush the last one? I literally put a mini paragraph for each source!! There wasn't all that much to write. Oh, and the one about why they said what they said; it was worth like 9 marks, but I was thinking, if I only focus on why, which you're supposed to, there's really not all that much to write. It was the Lloyd George speech, and the Mrs. Green one. Essentially, he wrote supportively because he was a leading Liberal, and she wrote against because children were her main priority, and she was trying to push to get even better reforms for them. I mean, I elaborated, but still wasn't much scope I thought.

Finally, for the very first one, could someone explain what they put? I didn't think it was hard, but I could see two angles in it and went quickly with my first viewpoint on it....I don't want to find out I'm wrong. Reassurance please.

ReputationRep:
    i said that source B was more trustworthy as it was a report (combination of evidence) whereas source C was just one persons opinion
    had to restrain myself from saying all americans are liars!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol, mine is opposite to yours, i said source B was less reliable as it was made by the commitie who were against the liberals while source C was made by an outsider who had nothing to do with the reform so was more neutral

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.