Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! What are everyone's plans once you've finished your GCSEs and for the summer hols?? First I have various day trips planned with a group of friends, then I have 2 weeks of work experience (1 week in a bank in the centre of London, and 1 week in an engineering firm) which i'm really looking forward to
    However, the highlight of my summer holidays will be my family holiday (yes - I do still have my holiday with my family!) to Sri Lanka!!! I'm v.v.v. excited because I've only been out of Europe once in my life
    So whats everyone else going to be up to this summer???

ReputationRep:
    How come ur doing ur workexperience now....i thought u do it in year 11-well i did.

im hoping 2 go2 spain with some friends HOPEFULLY.

ReputationRep:
    Throughout the Summer I'll be doing Drama workshops in preparation for a Drama trip to San Francisco in October.. I still have my family holiday too - but I'm taking my boyfriend along too, we're going to stay in a villa in the South of Spain.

In late August (5 days before exam results!) its my birthday, so no doubt I'll be having a party or bbq for that..and I think I'm going to Alton Towers at some point too.

And Gibb - some people do work experience without doing it through the school because they need it for the career they want to do in the future - e.g. vet and doctor wannabe's have to do quite a lot to get a uni to look at their app. Also, you do two weeks of work experience in year 12 (or atleast you do at my school).

ReputationRep:
    How come ur doing ur workexperience now....i thought u do it in year 11-well i did.
    I am in Y11 Hope you have a great time with your friends in Spain

Throughout the Summer I'll be doing Drama workshops in preparation for a Drama trip to San Francisco in October
    That sounds amazing!!! You must be really talented at drama And count yourself lucky you b-day isn't 5 days later One of my friends actually has to get her results on her birthday!!! How unlucky is that!

ReputationRep:
    well, 3 days after exams there's my school prom, and then a week after exams, I'm going on holiday with my family to China on a tour for 2 whole months! YES!

ReputationRep:
    Last exam tomorrow- woohoo! In exactly a week I'm going to spend a week in Cannes, then it's back to sunny old england to try and find a job... I also said I would do more exercise, but there's not much chance of that happening...

ReputationRep:
    well, 3 days after exams there's my school prom, and then a week after exams, I'm going on holiday with my family to China on a tour for 2 whole months! YES!
    WOW! You are so lucky - your trip to China sounds really exciting, almost like the sort of thing you would do in a gap year! We wern't allowed a prom Although about a week before our exams started they said we could have one if we arranged EVERYTHING (venue, food...) - I mean when would we have the time to do all that in the midst of all our studying and exams!!

ReputationRep:
    then it's back to sunny old england to try and find a job
    Ditto - roll on the money!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    Wow- i'm going to China too...tho only for 2 weeks...maybe i'll see u there! After that hopefully going on holiday with my friends as well as working in order to have loads of money for 6th form........have fun everyone!

ReputationRep:
    probably get a job. it is quite hard to find one at the moment. I ve already handed 10 CVs and didnt get any replys, annoying.lol. Then I am gonna do loads of sport, tennis(my favourite), work out a lot gym and then holiday in turkey for 2 weeks in august and, yes, shopping,lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna do lots and lots of shopping, then Israel for 4 weeks yay, then chill out here and top up my tan :p: and go to Alton Towers and perhaps find a job! Isn't it so exciting?

ReputationRep:
    oooo, Israel, I always wanted to go there, but didnt.lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to New Zealand with a friend for a month next Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    wow, loads of you are going to china, i havent been back there for 5 years and i really wanted to go back this year and visite my old friends, everything would have changed though... anyway im going camping with my friend in scotland, was going camping on the beach in newquay aswel but my parents wont let me cos there would be booze and boys lol,grr but can't wait till i touche my lovely piano again, im going to spend all my time playing it while im at home

ReputationRep:
    work work work work, i would of went on holiday but ive been on holiday every year since i was a baby (sometimes 3 times a yr) and just dont wanna go

so yeah, work work work work all summer and get rich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    work work work work, i would of went on holiday but ive been on holiday every year since i was a baby (sometimes 3 times a yr) and just dont wanna go

so yeah, work work work work all summer and get rich
    a buy Gucci bags.yay.!!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    big piece of advice for china - there are people called 'hello people' who run around, mainly at tourists, and try to sell you things. Tourists mostly stick out like a sore thumb in some areas and they'll try and sell you loads of things incessently. Keep hold of all your possessions carefully, as there are lots of thiefs, and just throw beggars a jeng-mi (think thats what its called... its the unit of currency that is worth less than 1 yuan) to keep them away. also, very important: HAGGLE. They'll try and rip you off all the time. Best if you have a tour guide with you, but always give a ridiculously low price in response to a ridiculously high (things in china are very cheap, or should be) and then work up. Great place to go is the silk market in beijing, me and my friends had a great time haggling there. it was a real highlight of the trip. they call it the silk market but its really loads of either really knocked-down-price designer goods and things that would be hugely expensive here or fake versions. Also recommend great wall: very hard to climb unless you're very fit, so id recommend bringing some water up. Summer palace is also a good place to go, as was the forbidden city. Loads of good sites. You have to go see Mao's maosoleum before you leave as well; its near tianammen square and although its covered in guards its very funny how immediately outside the back door of china's communist leader's memorial there is a market full of mao t-shirts and clock. If youre going to beijing the air is very dusty and can be cold sometimes so bring adequate clothing. enjoy your trip. I only went for a week but it was very enjoyable.

One more day of GCSEs... i thought this time would never come...

ReputationRep:
    lol i've got work exp for two weeks starting on monday 27th, then i'm going to london for a week then i'm coming back to brum going to drayton manor three times in a week (ive got free passes and random people want to go, and coz i have passes i just said yes, lol) then i'm going back to london for a weekend, then i'm working in the shop that i did my work ex at prob full time 35hour a week (£5 a hour and 50%staf disc!)then i'm going back to london at the start of september (lol yeh iknow) to work with my uncle backstage in the west end, and then back to sixth form with my posh suit i cant wait

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, i found it the same in Egypt and Israel- people were desperate for money and knew that most tourists had plenty...can't really blame them tho cos they obviously needed it, and there were some really tiny kids with disabilities who had been sent as emotive pawns....however, i will try not to give in as much as i did previously and make sure i'm only compassionate towards deserving cases.....can't wait to see the forbidden city and the great wall- i didn't realise you could climb it! Also gonna buy loads of cheap cds! yay!

ReputationRep:
    This should be the best summer ever! No exams to worry about and you can forget about the subjects that you have left behind

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.