Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    This should be the best summer ever! No exams to worry about and you can forget about the subjects that you have left behind
    exactamundo! i'm only taking two of gcse subjects next yr, the rest are newbies (drama, eng lit, economics, politics) bold is newbie as you prob guessed

ReputationRep:
    Lol, yeh thanks for the advice though not too sure about the mausoleum...a bit grim for me. One disadvantage though is that I'll be in China when results come out so I won't get to join in the tears and laughter... oh well. First day back will be awful - people you don't know will be going up to you asking what you got...and i still haven't decided my A Levels yet!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing work experience at Select Model Management (Sienna Miller's agency - sorry, just had to get that in! :p: I'm really pleased to be going there) in London. I'm going on holiday with my family to Mallorca and hopefully I'll be doing a few day-trips to France with a friend as well. I might do additional work experience and travelling, but I'm hoping just to read a lot of 'good' books and do interesting things. I'm going to do a lot of shopping too, in addition to going to the beach, swimming, surfing and horse-riding.
    Almost forgot - my school has a prom after the exams, so that too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing work experience for two weeks: 1 week at my primary school..which should be exciting..and one week at the Tesco Headoffice Then I'm going to America for 3 weeks with my family...but my last exam is tomorrow and after that i am going to do...nothing..at all..apart from sleep ( because all my friends have tonnes of exams left)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my work experiance too - in specsavers. Which should be fun because I want to become an optition. The at the the end of July we're moving house so we're having a big party. And hopefully I'l see my friends over the holiday too.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably search for a job, but not be successful in doing so

I'm going to two gigs in London next month, and will probably go to Thorpe Park with my friends aswell.

I might go to Alton Towers with my parents in August, and then visit some family on the way back.

Then there will be results day to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gothic pixie)
    Thanks for the advice, i found it the same in Egypt and Israel- people were desperate for money and knew that most tourists had plenty...can't really blame them tho cos they obviously needed it, and there were some really tiny kids with disabilities who had been sent as emotive pawns....however, i will try not to give in as much as i did previously and make sure i'm only compassionate towards deserving cases.....can't wait to see the forbidden city and the great wall- i didn't realise you could climb it! Also gonna buy loads of cheap cds! yay!

beijing is a dump and there is nothing good to buy in china that isnt more expensive than in england apart from fake dvds. the country side is quite nice though. if u take 2000 renminbi u will be absolutely loaded (around 120 pounds)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing work experience at Select Model Management (Sienna Miller's agency - sorry, just had to get that in! I'm really pleased to be going there)
    Thats sooooo cool!!! Hope you enjoy the placement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llanberismecca)
    beijing is a dump and there is nothing good to buy in china that isnt more expensive than in england apart from fake dvds. the country side is quite nice though. if u take 2000 renminbi u will be absolutely loaded (around 120 pounds)
    A dump? In what way?

ReputationRep:
    sleep, erm, nothing, um go out?, um be lazy, have fun.

results day then 6th form! yay! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    oooo, Israel, I always wanted to go there, but didnt.lol.
    lol it's never too late Great place.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, thanks ali p! I am really looking forward to it, and everyone I've mentioned it to has been very impressed! Truth be told, it wasn't that hard to get the placement. I just rang them up and arranged it. Should be interesting to see how a model agency is run, and hopefully I'll get to do a bit of famous model-spotting/spying on fashion shoots. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterybug21)
    Hehe, thanks ali p! I am really looking forward to it, and everyone I've mentioned it to has been very impressed! Truth be told, it wasn't that hard to get the placement. I just rang them up and arranged it. Should be interesting to see how a model agency is run, and hopefully I'll get to do a bit of famous model-spotting/spying on fashion shoots. I can't wait!
    lol i'll luagh so much if you just there taking calls and making coffee, lol

ReputationRep:
    Sheesh - you all sound like you are going to have a great "Summer Holiday" time here and there after GCSE's, but to be honest I have nothing planned!

I suppose that I will be going out with my mates quite a lot, however I feel that I might get a job as I need the dosh!

As well as this I will be in suspense waiting for my results as well as the release of H-BP (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)

Oh! I also will be going on my "Sixth Form Induction" which sounds like fun, since we are going bowling on the first day of the induction, having a buffet on the second and going to Cambridge to do shopping and punting with the boats on the last day of induction - sounds lots of fun!

Stefan

ReputationRep:
    ohh you guys are having exciting summers the model thing sounds cool...we did work exp in year 10 lol, I went to my old primary school as a last resort as my school got me a crappy placement - but I had fun !

On Thursday I'm going on a random day trip to Glasgow with my friend and boyfriend... ....erm....probably lots of shopping trips and other random outings and relaxation over the next few weeks! hehe, going on holiday with family and my friend and her family on 23rd of July to Portugal I cannot wait

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - :eek: - bring on Harry Potter as well

Just had my last exam today

Bring on the summer

Btw I would like to say thanks to everyone at TSR, you're all ace :tsr:

I'm doing AS next year so no doubt I will be on here still stressing about those lol...I'm a very newbie person on here but from the time I've been reading this site it's been great

ReputationRep:
    ohh yeh Harry Potter!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    A dump? In what way?
    Beijing isnt rly that nice. Shanghai is much better and there is much more stuff in shanghai

ReputationRep:
    why dont we organise TSR Male trip to Amsterdam, Moulin Rouge specifically.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braders89)
    sleep, erm, nothing, um go out?, um be lazy, have fun.

results day then 6th form! yay! lol
    AND buy a guitar and learn to play it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    why dont we organise TSR Male trip to Amsterdam, Moulin Rouge specifically.lol.
    YEP i'll well up for it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.