Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurupt1)
    heh i got stuck on the easiest question, at the end where it asked what else has a phosphate after a couple minutes i wrote phospholipids in membrane, then i thought that was crap crossd it out n write phophocreatine, then i jus realised theres ATP!

i did that exam in 45 mins though :s madness
    So ATP was right then? That's what I put

ReputationRep:
    i kno! and i spent so long learning all that, what did u write 4 the strip felling question i wrote rubbish about demand, runing habitats, eutrophication and the greenhouse affect i hope that gets me all the marks or ill cry

ReputationRep:
    i kno! and i spent so long learning all that, what did u write 4 the strip felling question i wrote rubbish about demand, runing habitats, eutrophication and the greenhouse affect i hope that gets me all the marks or ill cry
    i worte stuff likt that too. mentioned coppicin for the hell of it too. how did u find that dna base question in uc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    I put RNA, it that right too?

ReputationRep:
    but yea it wasnt too bad, on the secretion question i went mad and started saying the secretion might also be caused by ato closing k+ channels and aas a result ca2+ flood in and push out vesicles full of the glycoproteins
    Crazy!

Telomeres q was a beast. I think I contradicted myself by saying "non-coding means the bases don't code for any particular amino acid", but then also that " 'junk DNA' implies it has no use, but it really does (inhibits gene or somethn)". (That junk DNA q was rubbish)

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that too =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Crazy!

Telomeres q was a beast. I think I contradicted myself by saying "non-coding means the bases don't code for any particular amino acid", but then also that " 'junk DNA' implies it has no use, but it really does (inhibits gene or somethn)".
    i worte exactly the same! i was trying to find the answer in bio 1 but i cant even find them in there. well i suppose its all done now

ReputationRep:
    yea i said junk implies it has no use but it does have use and that its reqwuired for healthy cells.
    he graph i did a line going upwards
    and i said old animals have undergone mitosis more than younger so theres more shorter telomeres

ReputationRep:
    I put mRNA. My graph was basically a diagonal line from the top of the y axis to the far right of the x axis. I figured the more non-coding DNA you have, the less phosphate you need.

ReputationRep:
    i said old animals have undergone mitosis more than younger so theres more shorter telomeres
    yeah i siad that and there were mutated more, whatever that means!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    Crazy!

Telomeres q was a beast. I think I contradicted myself by saying "non-coding means the bases don't code for any particular amino acid", but then also that " 'junk DNA' implies it has no use, but it really does (inhibits gene or somethn)". (That junk DNA q was rubbish)
    That's what I did too! I wrote such rubbish for most questions; hoping for around 50% though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meeesch)
    I put RNA, it that right too?
    Yeah it is.

ReputationRep:
    bring on mammalian physiology ill destroy the sucker. especally if its like the january paper in terms of grade boundaries.. my frend got 77 raw 87 ums!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggnog)
    I put mRNA. My graph was basically a diagonal line from the top of the y axis to the far right of the x axis. I figured the more non-coding DNA you have, the less phosphate you need.
    Yeah, that's what I did too. Does it matter if you drew the graph in pen though??

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's what I thought - that more non-coding = more unnecessary junk => lower minimum required.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I did too. Does it matter if you drew the graph in pen though??
    Tut tut! (nah :p: )

ReputationRep:

hmm i figured that if u had less junk DNA then u needed less phosphate from the soil to undergo mitosis and grow, and still be healthy. so if u had more junk dna, then youd waste phosphates form soil so u cant grow so well unless theres loads in the soil

ReputationRep:
    Um, does it matter if your line didn't touch either axis? I just realised that it was kinda floating, lol. But it was in the right direction heh

ReputationRep:
    I did that too...it wont matter what you drew it with, as long as its in the right direction

ReputationRep:
    i dont even own a pencil

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.