Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    that question was dumb. hopefully there will be stating the obvious marks. i wrote 'junk dna suggests the dna is not useful or needed' but it mentioned centromeres and i said that they were needed in cell divison.

ReputationRep:
    oo i shoulda mentioned centromeres
    dammit o well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nixta)
    For the 1st qst i got 2.3 micrometres
    yep i got the same ! i thot the ppr was OK ... cld hav been much worse...

i just hope i wrote what the mark scheme expects !

oh well... FAREWELL central concepts & AS biology!

cant believe its ova .. sniff .. sniff...

lol

ReputationRep:
    AS?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bother revising auxins et al as I didn't think it would come up

Just looking at the Biology 2 book now, were they after answers mentioning "apical buds / dominance" for the question on why it grows tall?

ReputationRep:
    pretty much but obv wit som explanation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    I didn't bother revising auxins et al as I didn't think it would come up

Just looking at the Biology 2 book now, were they after answers mentioning "apical buds / dominance" for the question on why it grows tall?
    I'm not sure, although I did mention apical dominance. Luckily I looked over PGRs yesterday and we were talking about them just before the exam! When it said "comment" what were you supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurupt1)
    AS?
    i meant biology 1 ( foundation, transport, HHD)

ReputationRep:
    wut did u lot put as the differences between plant growth regulators and blood gluose homeostasis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    I'm not sure, although I did mention apical dominance. Luckily I looked over PGRs yesterday and we were talking about them just before the exam! When it said "comment" what were you supposed to do?
    I hate that word; it seems from looking at mark schemes, you're supposed to describe and explain (i.e. write about everything, and so I BSd lots of crap with figures from the graph and when I had some time left I went onto a blank page and wrote more)! Lol I was desparate for any mark.

ReputationRep:
    erm..diffierent substances and different methods of travel. obv i explained what they were. i found that quite difficult for some reason. i was ready to put hormones have a range of effects whereas growth regulators are concerned with growth but it didnt really fit the question

ReputationRep:
    i said that PGR are always made whereas hormones are secreated when needed-- and i think i wrote abt negative feedback !! oooohh im sure i got that wrong

ReputationRep:
    i can think of loads now im not in the exam. why is it always that way! that was the best question on unifying concepts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoeba)
    i said that PGR are always made whereas hormones are secreated when needed-- and i think i wrote abt negative feedback !! oooohh im sure i got that wrong
    I wrote about negative feedback too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nixta)
    For the 1st qst i got 2.3 micrometres
    everyone at my school got 2micrometres (to the nearest micrometre)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica_h)
    everyone at my school got 2micrometres (to the nearest micrometre)
    I got 426 Wish I'd just played around with the numbers a bit more, then I might've come to the right answer. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    I hope excess phosphates also cause eutrophication, 'cause that's what I wrote about. Hope it's right!
    it is right, according to my bio teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoeba)
    Oh I wrote that - but I said it was insulin and glucagon that did negative feedback while the plants hormone is positive feedback (?) ? (not sure if the last bit is true)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica_h)
    it is right, according to my bio teacher
    Yay :p: That was a nice question to end the paper with I thought. Wait, it was the last question wasn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggnog)
    I put mRNA. My graph was basically a diagonal line from the top of the y axis to the far right of the x axis. I figured the more non-coding DNA you have, the less phosphate you need.
    I didn't do that - I thought that plants still need to replicate all of the genetic material when cells undergo mitosis/meiosis. not sure though - can anyone help?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.