Turn on thread page Beta

AQA (A) Biology Module 6 - Physiology and the Environment after exam discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    hard, spesially the last question on plants!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the first 6 questions were ok, i'm not really sure what AQA were thiking with the last question!!! What did everyone put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    hard, spesially the last question on plants!!
    ye agree the last qn was baaaare hard. i couldnt even understand if the pressure was increasing or decreasing as light intensity increases, cos rnt more stomata open in high intensity so pressure increases due to higher rate of transpiration :confused: but just to be sure i just sed the pressure becomes more negative at higher light intensities

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it - nothing on digestion yay!

ReputationRep:
    I like digestion lol am a bit worried about that exam.

What is negative pressure???!?!!!

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys the thing the boundary mark will look like?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure. People in my school said it was hard but i have a feeling some people might say "easy"
    i found it hard.
    What about the last question. that seemed to throw everyone - espcially part (a)
    How did everyone go about it?

ReputationRep:
    it was f***ing hard i thought. Questions were weird.

really bugging me but what is happening to the Na/K gates in a resting potential are they opened or close?
    Was the answer to the last question about the C-4 photosynthesis pathway?
    and in the question before that did everryone just discuss cohesion tension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)

really bugging me but what is happening to the Na/K gates in a resting potential are they opened or close?

they both are closed during resting potential

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys write for the question on light intensity and tension of xylem vessel question? It was 5 marks!

ReputationRep:

(a) asked about the pressure/tension - i think we had to mention cohesion in this part?
    (b) asked about humidity - why it must be kept constant
    (c) asked about the link between negative pressure in xylem of leaves and xylem of roots
    (d) was a synoptic-type-question about tropical plants and photo synthesis. it said how does the specialsed method allow it to survive.
    For this question i mentioned the C4 pathway, but to what detail did you have to in to...i kind of forgot some of the C4 Pathway. Did you have to mention how it helps the plant? i.e. more CO2 in the plant so less stomata open = less transpiration? I wasnt sure for that one...

ReputationRep:
    Tension is always negative becasue its an internal pressure....or so a physics student told me before the exam!! so the trend was as light intensity increases tension in the xylem increases due to i dont really no what but i think an increased rate of transpiration...again why i dont know maybe something to do with increased light intensity = increased heat or increased light intensity=plant photosynthesising at a maximum rate=stomata opening=increased transpiration rate = tension.

and what on earth was that last question on chylomicrons on about...how the hell do you provide evidence for it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heidi)
    this was 3marks - what else did you say about it?

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Heidi
    So how do they move down an electrochemical gradient to be pumped out by active transport thereby maintaining action potential??

ReputationRep:
    Tension is always negative becasue its an internal pressure....or so a physics student told me before the exam!! so the trend was as light intensity increases tension in the xylem increases due to i dont really no what but i think an increased rate of transpiration...again why i dont know maybe something to do with increased light intensity = increased heat or increased light intensity=plant photosynthesising at a maximum rate=stomata opening=increased transpiration rate = tension.

and what on earth was that last question on chylomicrons on about...how the hell do you provide evidence for it??
    actually that's exactly what i wrote but i also mentioned that the transpiration rate increases because the kinetic energy of the water molecules increased. i wasn't really sure how i did on the question because i was confused with pressure being negative so i just ignored the graph lol. But thanks for clearing this up for me.

do u remember what the question about the chylomicron was?

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned points along these lines. i said as the light intes. increases the pressure inside the xylems get more negative, transpiration out of leaf causes column of water mocules hydrogen bonded = cohesion to move up as water is lost...makes pressure more negative...then something about adhesion causing inward pressure which could make the pressure more negative also...

Is this right? or wrong? i put some other stuff but i cant remember what...

ReputationRep:
    So how do they move down an electrochemical gradient to be pumped out by active transport thereby maintaining action potential??
    There are some channel proteins that allow these ions to go down their concentration gradient. But the resting potential is kept constant because the sodium potassium pump actively removes Na ions and takes in K ions. The K and NA ion gates are closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heidi)
    There are some channel proteins that allow these ions to go down their concentration gradient. But the resting potential is kept constant because the sodium potassium pump actively removes Na ions and takes in K ions. The K and NA ion gates are closed.
    Na gates open = when membrane becomes depolarised
    K gates open = when membrane becomes repolarised

Was this question a fill in the blank question?

ReputationRep:
    Bugger!

The Chylomicrons question asked - "how does the chylomicron get from the epithelial cell to the vessel. provide evidence for your answer."

- I know it moves by Exocytosis which requires ATP, but providing evidence...i was stuck.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.