Turn on thread page Beta

AQA (A) Biology Module 6 - Physiology and the Environment after exam discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    The evidence would be that it moved to the golgi body where all vesicles are formed. Exocytosis involves movement of vesicles.

ReputationRep:
    i put diffusion because there were no mitochondria so it cudnt av been active transport. The plants question was silly, i put that tension is created cus of cohesion tension where more transpiration pulls up the water cus theyre stuck together and creates more tension. I ddint really know what to put for the bit about the negative pressure? I put again about cohesion and how water moves from high to low pressure? has no idea. And i didnt av a clue bout how that photosynthesis works id totally forgotten i just sed c4 photosynthesis and had a guess that it involved less water or sumat lol.

I didnt like much of it. Even what was S in the digestion diagram? The other was a capillary was it intracellular space?

I also didnt realise there was a key for the dotted lines in the heart diagram am gutted one mark down the pan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)
    Bugger!

The Chylomicrons question asked - "how does the chylomicron get from the epithelial cell to the vessel. provide evidence for your answer."

- I know it moves by Exocytosis which requires ATP, but providing evidence...i was stuck.
    i didn't get that question either. sry

ReputationRep:
    damn i was guna put exocytosis too

ReputationRep:
    i said exotysosis.
    but my friend said he put via simple diffusion because chilomicron is lipid soluble.

what did you put for the letters on the diagram - one was RER, and i put the vessel as a lacteal, did you do that?

ReputationRep:
    K+ gates are NOT closed during resting potential!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt like much of it. Even what was S in the digestion diagram? The other was a capillary was it intracellular space?

yep that's what i put for S

ReputationRep:
    Found it really quite easy. So many of the questions were exactly the same as past questions. The only ones I couldn't really do was remember that the medulla was area responsible for cardiac regulation, just put hypothalamus. Oh yeah and what was the space labeled "R"?

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE WHO IS PANICKING (including me)

Lots of people found it hard, this will mean the grade boundaries for the UMS scaling will be extremley low. As long as you got the first 6-7 questions well answered and feel good about what you wrote for most of the paper, you should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherc2005)
    i said exotysosis.
    but my friend said he put via simple diffusion because chilomicron is lipid soluble.

what did you put for the letters on the diagram - one was RER, and i put the vessel as a lacteal, did you do that?
    I put that too

ReputationRep:
    i put capillary and intracelular space too. I didnt like why ions needed protiens to get across the membrane. I was thinking because they are charged and repel but then i thought nah so i put they were insoluble in fat. silly me!

ReputationRep:
    I really didnt think it was overly disastrous...im just glad there was no digestion

ReputationRep:
    Its not a capillary for lipids...they go into the lacteals and then are added to blood later

ReputationRep:
    damn i bet it is a lacteal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    K+ gates are NOT closed during resting potential!
    are u sure about that? I didn't read anything about them being open during resting potential. Now im not sure anymore

ReputationRep:
    didnt think it was overly either,. but i do now! lol

ReputationRep:
    K+ are open at rest for rapid diffusion of K+ out of axon hence the negative potential...if they wer both closed then it wud b positive as both have positive charges

ReputationRep:
    they are closed i think! both are closed.

ReputationRep:
    isnt that wat the sodium potassium pump is for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    K+ are open at rest for rapid diffusion of K+ out of axon hence the negative potential...if they wer both closed then it wud b positive as both have positive charges
    When do K+ gates close then?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.