Turn on thread page Beta

AQA (A) Biology Module 6 - Physiology and the Environment after exam discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    Yay thats wot i put thats cool, i had to think bout it tho

ReputationRep:
    another one missed the key!!!! yea apparently, my bf sed the dotted line was the sympathetic nerve and the one we ata talk about was a parasympathetic, hence it told you whether it slowed down or sped up, and consiquently it increased so both increased i got caught out too damnit!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt realise the unit 6/7 papers were so similar! Oh well, talking about the exam is doing me head in, gonna go revise for my remaining exams including the bugger on friday! cya.

ReputationRep:
    Meh i have law and psychology 2morow....need to revise heaps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    i got 0.0105r
    mmm I got that t0o. What was the second calculation asking you to do?

ReputationRep:
    But how many synoptic questions where there!
    I counted 11!
    Ho hum..roll on August 19th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I got that too... i think i totally screwed up the second calc question got like 240 sumthin lol

ReputationRep:
    What was it asking you to do for the other calc, i cant remember?

ReputationRep:
    i also got 0.0105 yeay

ReputationRep:
    DAgnabit. what was the second calc question asking !

ReputationRep:
    how is the resting potential established (the qn after the closing and opning gates)

i got the same answer for the calculations and didnt mention exocytosis or lacteal lol. i sed it was a capillary. its so unfair cos the chylomicron stuff is not in the text book.

ReputationRep:
    DAgnabit. what was the second calc question asking !
    sumthing about lipid requirement in women

ReputationRep:
    With any luck Mr Examiner will recognise the error of his ways in making this paper too hard and moderate all the marks up by 40-50 marks and lower the grade boundry to 30.

Just to settle this debate my revision guide states (and its an AQA official book - therefore crap and most likely wrong says) for resting potential: There is an imbalance in the concentration of ions, there is more Na on the outside than inside. These ions are able to diffuse through ion channels of the membrane of the neurone. This imbalance is maintained by active transport. Imbalance results in polarity.

I think this means that ion channels are open throughout (but they cant close anyway) and ion gates can open and close - hence i think Heide is probably right. People appear to have mixed up gates with simple ion channels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ky1986)
    sumthing about lipid requirement in women
    oh yes...

Should have:
    8100j * 30/100
    =2430j each day

each gram of lipid gives (some ammount) j g-1

2430/(some ammount) gives ammount of lipid (g) each day

I think?

ReputationRep:
    something about womens diet should be 30% fats or something. i got 60 something grams per day. seems a bit much 2 me. paper was depressing. some stuff was vague and i made stupid mistakes here n there.
    wot u guys get fot the grams of fat thingy? lol please say 60 somethin! 64.3 or 64.3 i cnt remember proply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)
    Just to settle this debate my revision guide states (and its an AQA official book - therefore crap and most likely wrong says) for resting potential: There is an imbalance in the concentration of ions, there is more Na on the outside than inside. These ions are able to diffuse through ion channels of the membrane of the neurone. This imbalance is maintained by active transport. Imbalance results in polarity.

I think this means that ion channels are open throughout (but they cant close anyway) and ion gates can open and close - hence i think Heide is probably right. People appear to have mixed up gates with simple ion channels.
    Precisely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ky1986)
    its so unfair cos the chylomicron stuff is not in the text book.

Thats the point, they have to ask you some 'new' stuff. It does tell you that in the tex book. :P

ReputationRep:
    I got 7grams a day! But i had nooo idea at all!

ReputationRep:
    oh yes...

Should have:
    8100j * 30/100
    =2430j each day

each gram of lipid gives (some ammount) j g-1

2430/(some ammount) gives ammount of lipid (g) each day

I think?
    def remember the 2430 bit and then u divided it by like 37.8 or sumthin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeyguru)
    something about womens diet should be 30% fats or something. i got 60 something grams per day. seems a bit much 2 me. paper was depressing. some stuff was vague and i made stupid mistakes here n there.
    wot u guys get fot the grams of fat thingy? lol please say 60 somethin! 64.3 or 64.3 i cnt remember proply.

If you can remember the ammount of energy per joule of the lipid you should be able to work it out using the calc i wrote above, I think its right.
    Usin tha value of 64.3g gives joules per gram of lipid to be. 37.8jg-1

does that wound right?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.