Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Thats the point, they have to ask you some 'new' stuff. It does tell you that in the tex book. :P
    ye agree about new stuff but in the text book it aint there. its in the revision guide tho lol

ReputationRep:
    oh yes...

Should have:
    8100j * 30/100
    =2430j each day

each gram of lipid gives (some ammount) j g-1

2430/(some ammount) gives ammount of lipid (g) each day

I think?
    i got 60 something don't remember exactly but from the looks im sure u got it right.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes...

Should have:
    8100j * 30/100
    =2430j each day

each gram of lipid gives (some ammount) j g-1

2430/(some ammount) gives ammount of lipid (g) each day

I think?
    Yay i did that, that was a confusing question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    Yay i did that, that was a confusing question.
    I got 630 or something ridiculously high like that!

ReputationRep:
    i got 64.3 too, and so did my mates, i checked it backwards too and it worked. The micron thingy is in my official aqa text book (written by bill indge) but you were supposed to use the information given to work out the answers apart from that they go into lacteals, you should know about fat digestion too, its in my book anyway, tho i didnt really no it arghh. everythin i knew well didnt really come up, there were some corker questions. Wat did everyone put for the lizard questions, like why was A higher than B i put A aint got any shade wheras b has. And why was its movement slower? I put enzymes work slower cus of less kinetic energy.

ReputationRep:
    enzymes work slower cus of less kinetic energy.
    that or less kinetic energy for biochemical reaction e.g. respiration thefore not as much energy available to cells. Why did A rise less than B overall?

oh yeah...last year you needed 47/75 :eek: for an A so there is still hope - ive been reduced to that!!

ReputationRep:
    is that all? 62% is that right i thought i read 68% but that was for this january.....there is hope! i reakon i got bout 70-80% more down the lower end of 70% probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    is that all? 62% is that right i thought i read 68% but that was for this january.....there is hope! i reakon i got bout 70-80% more down the lower end of 70% probs.
    jeeze, talk about lowering the standards.

Im only saying that cos I need a D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12)
    Lol, well i know K+ are open so im not arguing any more
    Answer was:

Resting potential: Both CLOSED

Then: Na+ OPEN, K+ CLOSED

Re-polarisation: Na+ CLOSED, K+ OPEN

ReputationRep:
    thats wat i put where did you get that from teacher?

ReputationRep:
    Overall the paper was relatively straight forward. I reckon you'll need around 51/75 for an A.

Couple of questions I wasn't sure over were. The biochemical test and the very last plant bit on Q9. I hadn't revised any synoptic stuff so thats why. I added up what i reckon i got and i'd say aout 50/75 being conservative.

I only need 58 UMS marks from this unit and the synoptic on friday to get an A and i reckon i got over 58 for that one so i'm sorted! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    for the lipid/chylomichron questoin, the vessel was a lacteal
    but what was the area outside the lacteal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    thats wat i put where did you get that from teacher?
    No, it's just the right answer.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions I wasn't sure over were. The biochemical test
    emulsion test i believe ethanol+food = shake

and im doubtful that the last question was on about c4 plants now ive done the exam. C4 work in hot places, tropical places are hot AND wet. someone i know was talking about CAM plants i didnt know what the f*** he was talking about so ignored him and left.

but what was the area outside the lacteal?
    Intercellular Space or Intercellular fluid..dunno which one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)

Intercellular Space or Intercellular fluid..dunno which one though.
    I put lymphatic fluid...do u think that'll get the mark?

Also, (this was in BYA7 cos I do H. Bio so dunno if you'll have had it)..the question about why a bacterial cell couldn't be used to synthesise a human thyroxine...something or other hormone (think the hormone was called TSH) and why an animal cell would have to be used instead (related to gene technology). Any ideas?

Sorry if you didn't have that question - there don't seem to be many people that do H. Bio.

ReputationRep:
    Dont think the very 1st question has been mentioned properly.
    Probably straight forward to most people.
    Anyone remember what they put?

I think:

(a) just asked to say fromt the graph that there were no rods/cones?
    (b) asked about cones & light (i think) - any1 remember what the put for that?
    was there are part (c)?

ReputationRep:
    Ah how can people be so sure they KNOW the right answers lol....no one knows big deal! Besides i only need like a high D on this paper oweing to fact i obtained 100% in the january module (BYA5) so im not too fussed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherc2005)
    Dont think the very 1st question has been mentioned properly.
    Probably straight forward to most people.
    Anyone remember what they put?

I think:

(a) just asked to say fromt the graph that there were no rods/cones?
    (b) asked about cones & light (i think) - any1 remember what the put for that?
    was there are part (c)?
    That was an exact repeat question from a past paper....AQA must b running out of questions....BYA2 retake had loadsa past questions in it, they hadnt even bothered to change the format

ReputationRep:
    With Ref to BYA2: lol, i dont think that unit 2 was that straight forward, (i can only remember a meitosis question about root staining to be almost identical)

BYA6:
    So does anyone remember their answers for Q1?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yea...i didnt say the whole paper was repeated just a fair few number of them....and no i dont remember sorry

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.