Turn on thread page Beta

AQA (A) Biology Module 6 - Physiology and the Environment after exam discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeyOnIce)
    Ooh, that was a nasty paper. How nice are examiners when in comes to spelling...because i couldn't remeber the exact name of where the cardiovascular centre, so put mendella (as it sounded similar) instead of medulla.
    mendella!!
    you made my day~!! lol (sorry, not to offend you but it's so funny!!)

ReputationRep:
    Yes well i put hypothalamus.... my module one skills are NOT very good lol. I got one mark on that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)
    Even though i put both channels as "OPEN" im inclined to believe im probably wrong..though i dont deny your book is correct the referance to 'few' may also imply negligable or inconsequential as a result they can be considered to be closed....i guess it depends on the examiners and mark scheme, they may give us the benefit of the doubt that we knpw what were talking about. Or not??
    If the phrasing of the question was 'Are the majority of channels open/closed' then you'd be wrong; if it was 'Are the channels open/closed' there is ambiguity and you could be right.

ReputationRep:
    'Are the channels open/closed' there is ambiguity and you could be right.
    I hope so but we are debating over 1 mark, which has taken over the majority of this thread which is a bit extreme dont you think??

ReputationRep:
    ^^ i know we could have been talkin bout the harder questions - absorb different answers and opinions and broaden our horizons

but o well.

ReputationRep:
    As Jon Tickle would say,

Controveeeersial

ReputationRep:
    The clyomicron answer was facillitated diffusion. This was NOT a vesicle as a vesicle has a phospholipid bilayer NOT protein as in the question. The protein membrane is not lipid soluble and needs a carrier protein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny221)
    The clyomicron answer was facillitated diffusion. This was NOT a vesicle as a vesicle has a phospholipid bilayer NOT protein as in the question. The protein membrane is not lipid soluble and needs a carrier protein.

...or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chylomicron

"The chylomicrons are released by exocytosis from enterocytes into lacteals"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    yup they are its in my book unfortunatly seein as i put diffusion

ReputationRep:
    http://fig.cox.miami.edu/~lfarmer/BIL265/digest2.html

Check out the 5th diagram. The space is called interstitial fluid. I put Gap/ tissue fluid in my exam. I'll proabaly get marked wrong for putting gap lol.

Also for the C4 question, my bio teacher at AS taught us about it. Basically the C4 route uses ATP for photosynthesis, but the process has a higher affinity for CO2. Since it is normally CO2 levels which limits rate of photosynthesis this will move the limit higher. It's mainly for plants found in the tropics. Exactly how this helps with the question, which i can't remeber clearly what it was, I don't really know.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.