Turn on thread page Beta

Middle Eastern Music watch

ReputationRep:
    Arabic: fairouz is an old singer, ,and Abdul halim is great too. but I'm not into listening to them unless I'm in the mood ..well I listen to amr diab, elissa, nancy, I like wama, and some gulf songs, depends, hussain el jesmy ana el shaky I like that one too:p:but I'm not so into gulf music only couple of songs, I listen to any good song anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Tarkan and Amr Diab! I LOVE Tarkan, listen to his 'Olurum Sana' album all the time, I can't believe he allowed Holly Valance to massacre 'Simarik'!

And 'Amarein' by Amr Diab is a superbly cool song....I love how all Egyptian songs have to have lots of 'habibi's and 'fakhr fi's!

Cool topic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    Yay, Tarkan and Amr Diab! I LOVE Tarkan, listen to his 'Olurum Sana' album all the time, I can't believe he allowed Holly Valance to massacre 'Simarik'!

And 'Amarein' by Amr Diab is a superbly cool song....I love how all Egyptian songs have to have lots of 'habibi's and 'fakhr fi's!

Cool topic!
    :eek: :eek: that is like 5 years old or more actully :eek: :eek: I like his (laly nhary) album, it's kinda nice, still best album of all is (tamaly ma3ak*maak*)

ReputationRep:
    Amr Diab is soooo good live! His concert was the BEST! Even though he was a tad late :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    and the most beautiful people, everyone i have known who is of lebanese origin has been absolutely gorgeous!
    I'll take that as an indirect compliment :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    :eek: :eek: that is like 5 years old or more actully :eek: :eek: I like his (laly nhary) album, it's kinda nice, still best album of all is (tamaly ma3ak*maak*)
    Yeah, think I heard it on Nile TV when it was the laser show thing at the Pyramids on New Year's Eve 1999 or something...had to enjoy it from home rather than actually go to Egypt, shucks! But yeah, don't get Nile Hits anymore (fab to listen to on a Sunday night, check out all the latest choons!) no more, pants!

I have his album where he does a song with that Greek woman... :confused: I don't actually know what it's called, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnOdeToNoOne)
    are you lebanon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnOdeToNoOne)
    dont say that, i may have to start stalking you.
    there were two lebanese girls in my school and they were gorgeous, and so was their brother. and there is a lebanese restaurant near me and all the staff are pretty. and i have actually been stalking a lebanese boy for about 2 years, he is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life :love: it cannot be coincidence! someone show me an ugly lebanese person to disprove my theory!

anyway, yeah arab music... i liked holly valance's cover of simarik but yeah, it was cheesy and nowhere near as good! ah well at least whoever wrote the piece of genius got a lot of royalties. olurum sana is one of my favourite songs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    are you lebanon?
    :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.