Turn on thread page Beta

Quelles sont les origines du racisme en France? Comment devrait-on le combattre? watch

ReputationRep:
    OK im writing an essay plan for that title and i've not got many ideas on the origins of racism and im fine with how to combat it. i was just wondering if anyone could help me out - ive got my french exam tomorrow morning and so im planning a load of essays hoping they may come up.
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    hey.. maybe you could talk about immigration... people living in the banlieues of cities... employment.
    more and more immigrants are entering countries like france and taking up jobs and accomodation which a lot of french nationals aren't really happy about.. they don't want these strangers coming into theyre country and taking all the oppertunities from them... i think that might be like the general jist of where racism originates from...?
    a lot of people accuse immigrants of being the cause of all the crimes and everything... i think there's a group in france called le Front National which tries to send immigrants back to their original countries by convincing the french public that they only cause problems.
    maybe you could check that out????
    sorry if that's not much help....

ReputationRep:
    I think the main origins of racism in France are the conflicts between the arabs and the "proper" french people ( les Francais de souche). Many immigrants come over from algeria etc and this causes lots of social problem. The situation is worse in the south of France due to its proximity to africa

ReputationRep:
    thank you guys *so* much - you've been such a help
    really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hel437)
    OK im writing an essay plan for that title and i've not got many ideas on the origins of racism and im fine with how to combat it. i was just wondering if anyone could help me out - ive got my french exam tomorrow morning and so im planning a load of essays hoping they may come up.
    thanks in advance
    I did this for my oral. The Algerian war of independence in the 1960s is a source of a lot of racial tension. Also, the fact that RS 'l'instruction religieuse' isn't taught in schools is a huge deal. It means that the level of ignorance as regards the importance of different religions, cultures and traditions is really high. (like the whole thing with the banning of the headscarf) Perceived differences between immigrants and native french people such as different family sizes, the oppression of women etc also creates a void between them.

Good luck in the exam- I'm doing it too.

ReputationRep:
    Je pense que les francais en ont marre de voir des étrangers en france, car on en parle beaucoup dans les citès où la plupart des problêmes sont déclenchès par les étrangers ... ou alors concernant l'emploi : les francais ont du mal à trouver un travail donc ils se reportent sur les étrangers qui selon eux leur prennent leur emplois ...
    Mais ils y a aussi plein d'autres raisons .. je pense que le racisme est présent dans la culture francais donc difficile à s'effacer !

Et ce ras-le-bol s'est enormement exprimes aux dernieres éléctions présidentielles avec le passage de Jean-Marie Le pen du Front national au deuxième tour ...

ReputationRep:
    Cependant il y avait beaucoup d'autres raisons pour la victoire de M Le Pen au premier tour des elections- c'etait plutot un vote contre M Chirac qu'un vote pour M Le Pen. En fait je ne suis pas sur si la plupart des Francais ont été convaincu par les politiques radicales de M Le Pen

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.