The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Toffee
Many clubs.

Of course I don't like seeing all this money in football, but what can I do?
I was a Chelsea fan before the revolution, so I will stay one.

All I'm saying is that Chelsea have put in millions into their team and are only doing slightly better than Arsenal. Chelsea have had an easier group than arsenal in the CL but i admit that chelsea are performing better in the prem. Though Arsenal are only 1 point behind, so don't hold your breathe.
Toffee
You think one fluke goal shows how strong you are - thats laughable, very intelligent I'm sure.

so what fluke goal is this? Anyway little boy, its time for beddy tuckins and your mummy will be in to read you a story and kiss u good night.
scorpio
All I'm saying is that Chelsea have put in millions into their team and are only doing slightly better than Arsenal. Chelsea have had an easier group than arsenal in the CL but i admit that chelsea are performing better in the prem. Though Arsenal are only 1 point behind, so don't hold your breathe.

i wouldn't say chelsea are performing better than arsenal, they're performances are nothing special, and they lost to us.
Reply 43
scorpio

I don't think its fair to say that Arsenal's group was harder. Besiktas wer tough (not to mention their fans), Sparta Prague were very good defensively, Lazio had some flair, much experience.
Reply 44
well there's very little we can do about all this money flowing into the prem..... it doesnt make it fair on all the other sports eg rugby, cricket, etc, where players get nowhere near what these people earn.

but still, it just adds to the satisfaction when arsenal do come top (proof that money just wont win everything)
Toffee
I don't think its fair to say that Arsenal's group was harder. Besiktas wer tough (not to mention their fans), Sparta Prague were very good defensively, Lazio had some flair, much experience.

i think just about every neutral pundit pointed to Arsenal's group as the toughest one for an english side, especially since two matches had to be played in eastern europe with all the travelling that it adds.
It was good to see your sugar daddy at Highbury today, come to see some real football obviously.
Reply 46
Toffee

dynamo kiev (always in the CL so there is enough experience), Inter milan who are Arsenals equivalent in Serie A and Lokomotiv Moskow who are also in the CL a lot. Playing away in moskow muct have been bloody cold and it ain't ideal weather for the black guys on our team cos they need sun and fried chicken :smile:
Reply 47
DanMushMan
so what fluke goal is this? Anyway little boy, its time for beddy tuckins and your mummy will be in to read you a story and kiss u good night.

The one you were talking about.

It's nice to see that the future doctors of this country have to resort to belittling those younger than them in order to win arguments.
4Ed
well there's very little we can do about all this money flowing into the prem..... it doesnt make it fair on all the other sports eg rugby, cricket, etc, where players get nowhere near what these people earn.

but still, it just adds to the satisfaction when arsenal do come top (proof that money just wont win everything)

chelsea was a poorly run club with debts not incomparable to leeds.They spent a lot and underachieved a lot. They were nothing, and they know it. Suddenly they've got money and they think they'll win it all. What they don't know is that they won't, and when the russian gets bored he'll bail out, leaving the club with massive contracts they can't fulfil.
5 to 8pm, 24 hr clock. nuff said
Reply 49
DanMushMan
i think just about every neutral pundit pointed to Arsenal's group as the toughest one for an english side, especially since two matches had to be played in eastern europe with all the travelling that it adds.
It was good to see your sugar daddy at Highbury today, come to see some real football obviously.

No, he just wanted to see some poor quality football because he doesn't get much chance of seeing that at Chelsea.
scorpio
dynamo kiev (always in the CL so there is enough experience), Inter milan who are Arsenals equivalent in Serie A and Lokomotiv Moskow who are also in the CL a lot. Playing away in moskow muct have been bloody cold and it ain't ideal weather for the black guys on our team cos they need sun and fried chicken :smile:

in the end they didn't even have to play in turkey, what a joke. and besiktas aren't even the top turkish side.
Reply 51
4Ed

Because arsenal have raised all their players through their youth team, haven't they?
Toffee
No, he just wanted to see some poor quality football because he doesn't get much chance of seeing that at Chelsea.

hilarious. you comment on my wit....
Toffee
Because arsenal have raised all their players through their youth team, haven't they?

well our youth team beat a full strength wolves team 5-1. I think our future's secure, whereas yours seems to be based solely on one ecentric billionarie, yep you're safe...
Reply 54
DanMushMan
in the end they didn't even have to play in turkey, what a joke. and besiktas aren't even the top turkish side.

Huh? Check the league idiot.
Reply 55
Toffee

More than A*****l.
Reply 56
fact is, we still have a lot of decent players coming through - Ashley Cole, Aliadiere, Jermaine Pennant, etc etc. Ray Parlour (hes underrated i think) is local as well. whereas Chelsea buy in West Ham graduates. Also, most of our players got good AFTER coming to arsenal, eg Vieira, Henry, Ljungberg.
Toffee
More than A*****l.

talking to yourself there?
Reply 58
DanMushMan
hilarious

I know. Almost as hilarious as A*****l.

By the way I don't get that 5 to 8pm thing.
Reply 59
DanMushMan
talking to yourself there?

No actually. I was replying to your question.

My, my, I wouldn't like you to be my local GP.

Latest

Trending

Trending