Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    omggggg was that a hard paper or what!!! it was totally different to previous exam papers and there was like hardly anything on kidneys or respiration and even photosynthesis! was all about ginetics and variation loll

that was hard - wat you guys think?? sorry my brain still in scramble mode after mod 5 and mod 4 one after the other! damn you AQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goku_ssj4)
    omggggg was that a hard paper or what!!! it was totally different to previous exam papers and there was like hardly anything on kidneys or respiration and even photosynthesis! was all about ginetics and variation loll

that was hard - wat you guys think?? sorry my brain still in scramble mode after mod 5 and mod 4 one after the other! damn you AQA!

Sorry but ive posted up the same thread... i noticed this one after i created my one, and i dont know how to delete it!!!

THe exam was HARD :mad: :eek: I like missed out the genetics, cause i was under so much time pressure... There was some next stuff in the exam. Can you remembr what you put for any of the questions.... PLEASE SHARE THEM WITH ME.... IT'd REALLY PUT MY MIND AT REST!!! lol. Someone said early that 1/8 should have been an answer to one of the genetics questions... obviuosly didn't get that!

ReputationRep:
    I found it pretty hard too. I got the 1/8....but I think thats all I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    I found it pretty hard too. I got the 1/8....but I think thats all I got
    I got \frac{1}{8}

ReputationRep:
    I ran out of time!

ReputationRep:
    i got 1/4 but thats cause im a ******

ReputationRep:
    i got 1/4 too lol ooooooo wellllllllllll its so stressing! i rushed the end 2!
    the ginetics questions were so hard and so were the nerve questions!

what you guys put for the neuromuscular junction different between synapse?? i put that it terminates at a motor end plate and that transmitter substance binds to sarcoplasmic reticulum instead of the post synaptic membrane! what other answers did u guys get?

ReputationRep:
    it was a quarter surely, 2/8 is 1/4 which is a quarter xx

ReputationRep:
    i messed up on that question hadnt got a clue AT ALL so i made it up and got something random like 5/6. lol. and then the rest of the paper sucked. i failed miserably.

ReputationRep:
    snap! ahhhh how did u do on at in jan tho? ok or bad? xxx

ReputationRep:
    thts bad! well i did bad in mod 4 jan but its cuz i didnt revise! so no blame on ne1 but me! erm wat u guys put for the why are there are multiple alleles??

ReputationRep:
    crossing over during miosis, u?

ReputationRep:
    yup put the same thing lol at least got 1 mark right!

ReputationRep:
    it was very crap indeed ive got to do a lot of work to do well on friday now! i got 1/8 as well tho

ReputationRep:
    wahoooo! hehe i knew when i was writing stuff i was just babbling tho, bad sign! i cant even remember the paper! xx

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe its crossing over during meiosis, as that doesn't create new alleles it just mixes already existing ones.. you had to talk about mutations in the DNA instead.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Hard paper, but UMS...if everyone found it hard, then thers no problem.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to sound stupid but how does UMS change it??? so if its hard do they increase your mark?? sorry if its a really silly question guys

ReputationRep:
    nope, it was 1/8, I worked it out as being 1/4 to start with, then I worked out the correct genotype for the other one in the question above which gave 1/8, if you worked the geontype wrong for above, then you got 1/4, I worked it out both ways but the latter made much more sense if you did a back trace to work out the genotype of the female parent!!

ReputationRep:
    Ye it was 1/8

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.