The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anna
ok whatever you win. I would argue if i had the energy but im ill and cant be f*****.

OI, thats not the spirit of The Way. Have a coffee, regain your composure and rejoin the ranks please fellow enlightened one.
Reply 21
Sire
OI, thats not the spirit of The Way. Have a coffee, regain your composure and rejoin the ranks please fellow enlightened one.

im sorry Sire. I feel weak,ive been sleeping since 5.00 and i cant sleep anymore.
i think he was a celebrity in the eyes of lots of German people, obviously not condoning any part of Hitler's philosophy here but i think he was seen as a saviour to Germany and a return to nationalism, strong military and tradition and stuff, which lots of them wanted, seeing as they were pretty pissed off being blamed for WW1. although politicians aren't usually seen as celebrities the lines can be blurred (boris johnson?? the hamiltons??) germans were pretty all embracing with Hitler (ANYONE SEEN THE PICS OF THE XMAS TRESS WITH SWASTIKAS???)
so yeah he was a celebrity however wrong it sounds
Reply 23
A celebrity simply means a well known person so Hitler was a celebrity in any country or a world infamous person. Dosent matter what they done in life but if they are known by something then they are a celebrity.

Einstein
Britney Spears
Hitler
Neil Armstrong
Bruce Willis
Margaret Thatcher
Bill Gates

These are celebrities with complete different backgrounds, but i just have to say the name and people will know them.
Reply 24
Sire
Celebrity - Celebrated.
If a person is celebrated, then they are a celebrity.

Read Saintsin
Reply 25
is jesus a celebrity then?
Reply 26
tommypip
is jesus a celebrity then?

First, he doesn't exist.
Second, the idea of a fictional man named Jesus has been celebrated for a little over 2000 years, so the smart money is on yes.
Reply 27
Sire
First, he doesn't exist.
Second, the idea of a fictional man named Jesus has been celebrated for a little over 2000 years, so the smart money is on yes.

Actually, there is historical evidence that a man calling himself Jesus of Nazareth. Whether he was the son of God or not is the debate
Reply 28
tommypip
Actually, there is historical evidence that a man calling himself Jesus of Nazareth. Whether he was the son of God or not is the debate

Interesting. I stand corrected, yet am now extremely curious. Do tell me more please. Such as, well I'm guessing this was about 2000 years ago right?
Reply 29
Sire
Interesting. I stand corrected, yet am now extremely curious. Do tell me more please. Such as, well I'm guessing this was about 2000 years ago right?

About that. I think his birth has been estimated at abou 33 - 34 CE
tommypip

Well I can clear that one up. Jesus was no more the son of God than I am. Lets be realistic here.
Reply 31
Michael Beaver
Well I can clear that one up. Jesus was no more the son of God than I am. Lets be realistic here.

Evolution of threads! From celebrity to faith! :smile:
dictionary defines celebrity as well known person so i guess that settles that.
Reply 33
liversausage
dictionary defines celebrity as well known person so i guess that settles that.

yeah thats what i said but somebody wanted to correct me.
He was the complete master of Europe for years; he was a celebrity; also some normal German women were in love with him; infact come to think of it he was more than a celebrity in Germany he was God.

The way people refer to him now he is a celebrity though albeit an unpopular one.
Reply 35
in both Germany and Russia Hitler and Stalin they created cult of teh personality ie they were adored, there pictures were on people's walls etc. At the time they were celebrities. However, i wouldn't class them as celebrities just as i would'nt class Tony Blair as a celebrity. I don't know why but i see political fame as being different from the popular culture of celebrity.

I just see Hitler etc as an evil tyrant, don't think in the modern day era you could describe him as a velebrity but like others ahve said it depends on your personal definition of what celebrity is.
Reply 36
Michael Beaver
Well was he?

yea

he made the famous hitler salute :biggrin:
Reply 37
Saintsin
yeah thats what i said but somebody wanted to correct me.

The dictionary isn't always precisely correct. Terms and definitions change. As do understandings. Dare I mention the words 'spunk' or 'gay'?
Reply 38
ce·leb·ri·ty
n. pl. ce·leb·ri·ties
A famous person.
Renown; fame.

Soooo hitler=celebrity.
Reply 39
is it true dat hitler lost one of his testicles when urinating in a goats mouth for pleasure?!

Latest

Trending

Trending