Turn on thread page Beta

Are students entitled to free medication with the HC1 form? watch

ReputationRep:
    how do these vouchers work and how do i get them

ReputationRep:
    ask the optician? tell em youre a student!

(Original post by temilola)
    Ive got eczema and asthma......how does a pre-payment certificate actually work??
    A prepayment certificate at £33.90 for 4 months covers you for all medication prescribed. If you need more than one item per month it saves you money.

You apply for it from the Prescription Agency and they send you a plastic card with the valid from and to dates on it. When you go into the chemist with your prescription you tick the box 'has a valid prepayment exemption certificate' and show them the card. That's all there is to it!

Here's the link:

http://www.centralservicesagency.com...t_certificates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRIGGER2121)
    can ne one tell me whether students have to pay for glasses and lenses. i am currently on my gap year and going to brum this sept 2005.

i wanted to know weather i am able to get the govt to pay for may lenses which are £50 at optical express, on top of my frames which are £124.

they pay about £70 towards it i think coz thats what they did with me when i got mines

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.