ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hopefully, in CC i though meiosis will, never did

i personally think MPB is better than both CC and UC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)

Whatevers in it I hope its the UMS is loads higher than the raw because I need some extra marks after UC!

ReputationRep:
    i want it to be lower too. i havent started revisin for it yet but i did one paper ages ago and it seems to be mostly recall also does anyone know if we need to know about tissuse fluid formation, because its in the book but i couldnt find it in the syllabus

ReputationRep:
    Tissue fluid formation was Module 3 stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)

ums was a lot higher than raw in january.. wish i took it then

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but have you seen the Jan paper? I thought it looked really hard!

ReputationRep:
    hormones and digestion have come up loads...hope its not that
    hope its an easy eye question!! or the ear!
    alzheimers is common aswell

ReputationRep:
    hmm i dnt think that alheizmers will come up coz it has been on so many other papers...but who knows! anything could come up!

ReputationRep:
    Im dreading this. I pot a D in Jan, It was such a evil paper, so its retake for me. Hopefully this time Muscles will come up, and seeing as we had the eye In Jan im thinking time for an Ear question.
    In Jan subjects that came up (If ya havent seen it) - Alzeimers, Eye, Support locamotion with comparisopn of animal bones with some Oxygen stuff, Liver with the glycogen processes, Nutrition Hormones, Nervous system - cerebellum/hypothalamus oh and a essay question on thorndikes box - Eg Conditioning.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicts the ear, for sure. she is usually wrong though, so who knows? hope it's not too bad! im scared

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping an essay question on how muscles contract. hopefully will also be something on the spinal cord and the nervous system but who knows

ReputationRep:
    ear has only come up once ever - jan 03, all other years have had eye so hoping for ear this year - i think itll be about balance as the previous question didnt mention balance.

also theyve never mentioned the colon, nor have they given pictures/diagrams of the stomach/ileum or colon and asked you to identify cells - i think they might also talk about the mechanisms of absorption in the alimentary canal.

never talked about detox except for alcohol metabolism and the dangers of alcohol and that was june02. here they might bring up something about other poisons or maybe a simple question on the lines of how are hormones removed.

Joints might also come up but less sure about this. also insight learning might - again unsure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Disgestive systems good, Liver not too good, Support and Locomotion VERY bad, Nervous system good, Sense Organs so-so, Behaviours bad

ReputationRep:
    well the papers always gonna cover at least one thing form each topic so you best gets to revising those bad sections lol

ReputationRep:
    anyone gonna join me and see if ya can read through the book tomorro mornin? i think 3hours to skim through it is enough?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher reckons that whatever hasn't been covered before, will have to be in this paper. She says that the board have only a certain number of exams before they have to revise the syllabus or something, and this is the last one they do before this....now i don't know if this is right, but its worth bearing in mind....

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone define reflex action, conditioned relflex and operant conditioning for me pleaseee? I know what they are but I just wondered if anyone had the ones which I could quote in an exam and fulfill all of their weird marking points with...

ReputationRep:
    reflex action: a rapid, automatic response to a stimuli
    conditioned reflex: a reflex in which an animal has learned to respond to a different stimulus from the one that normally elicits the response
    operant conditioning: a type of learning in which an animal learns to carry out a particular action in order to obtain a reward

ReputationRep:
    liver and metabolims of carbs was a big question on the specimin paper, i reckon protein metabolism might come up.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.