Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Flaming maths papers, knew they'd be harder than i expected.

ReputationRep:
    HOW can less than 10% of people think french was the hardest, i bet all of those were french aqa, french ocr is appaerently soooo easy
    The difficulty for each exam board should be the same but it doesn't always work out like that! French OCR reading was the only french exam that I found challenging- probably because it was over a month since the listening exam

ReputationRep:
    Flaming maths papers, knew they'd be harder than i expected.
    Yeah its stupid If everyone finds them difficult and the exam boards are so low, surely they'd have to rethink the syllabus because many people struggle with it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    OCR RS morals and beliefs paper. I wasn't awake at the time and none of the topics were on topics that I am strong or even confident about, particularly the compulsory question. Oh well, I suppose that's what I get for sitting at the back of RS class in a Catholic school doing nothing for 2 years. I think I better learn some stuff for the Christianity exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by want2know)
    Yeah its stupid If everyone finds them difficult and the exam boards are so low, surely they'd have to rethink the syllabus because many people struggle with it :cool:
    Exactly, hopefully boundaries will be low then, most people didnt find it too easy either.

ReputationRep:
    Biology or English....thank God for physics and chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    Maths AQA Non Calc. I did AQA French and it was mostly very easy. The writing was a bit strange though and my tenses were never fabulous so...

ReputationRep:
    OCR Double Award Biology. Nobody else thought it was hard...but I hated those questions where I had to guess the answers, since they weren't covered in anything which we had learnt during the course.

ReputationRep:
    aqa graphics was the hardest subject by far.

ReputationRep:
    business studies was hard but i think it was jst me lol ocr history 2 was a bit weird, aqa product design was hardish

ReputationRep:
    English Lit. All the way.

Well it wasnt really the hardest in all honesty. I just suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob2005)
    aqa graphics was the hardest subject by far.
    wasn't that the paper with all the random stuff which had nothing to do with graphics and asked you to draw a pictogram :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Foundation Resistant Materials (OCR) was impossible. Had a good laugh in it though

ReputationRep:
    OCR french was the hardest for me. I'll be lucky to get half marks. AQA graphics was also hard. "AQAPOP" - how original

ReputationRep:
    Toss up between AQA Maths Modular Paper 1 and AQA Graphics (well...that wasn't hard, just I messed it up).

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say I found English Language paper 1 the hardest; simply because I focused on using a wide vocabulary rather than exercising good written reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    OCR Physics - but that was my own fault for not revising. Apart from that, I'd have to say my first History paper. The questions were really weirdly phrased!

ReputationRep:
    maths :bawling: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    AQA English Lang & Lit (Spec A) Module 4 esp. when you get the wrong page references in the exam, wait for 10 mins whilst they supposedly ring the exam board, then forget to notify you of anything so you have to start the other (impossible) question with ten mins off your time. Then the Eng department says it's not worth the bother to notify the exam board WOO! What a horrible day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caighli)
    AQA English Lang & Lit (Spec A) Module 4 esp. when you get the wrong page references in the exam, wait for 10 mins whilst they supposedly ring the exam board, then forget to notify you of anything so you have to start the other (impossible) question with ten mins off your time. Then the Eng department says it's not worth the bother to notify the exam board WOO! What a horrible day!
    *Pff* Some teachers need reality checks I think. They don't seem to have grasped the concept that modern day GCSEs are totally different from exams "back in the day" when they wrote on slates with chalk.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.