Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know this sounds weird but how are you guys going to get dressed for prom?
    formal, casual, simple, fashionable?

and where will you shop?

ReputationRep:
    lol our school had our prom on the 20th of may, just before our gcses and it was amazing! though i did get pissed afterwards and thought i wouldn't be able to do my exams on the monday. i got my dress from dingles and thank god no one else had the same dress as me. when is you lot's proms?

ReputationRep:
    we dont have one, coz most people stay on for sixth form, so we have like a proper (LEGAL DRINKiNG, lol) one at the end or y13

ReputationRep:
    We had ours on the 27th. The night was a disaster. Rather not talk about it...

Oh, but it was a mixture of formal/clubbing clothes. My dress was from Morgan, £80, quite summery.

ReputationRep:
    only 5 people in my school went to ours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axle05)
    only 5 people in my school went to ours
    LOL!-Not much choice in dancing then

ReputationRep:
    I had my prom ages ago before exams (well stupid I know)
    There was a prom at school: Dress Code was smart, Boys wore black suits with mostly pink or baby blue shirts and like white ties and stuff, girls wore like frocks and stuff... Then after that we all arranged an after party where it was like smart and sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    I had my prom ages ago before exams (well stupid I know)
    There was a prom at school: Dress Code was smart, Boys wore black suits with mostly pink or baby blue shirts and like white ties and stuff, girls wore like frocks and stuff... Then after that we all arranged an after party where it was like smart and sexy
    that sounds wicked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    that sounds wicked
    Was ok, the music rocked - the bass was so strong that people were actually vibrating, it was mega!!!!

ReputationRep:
    We had ours May 12th.

I didn't go as I deemed it a waste of time. I made many suggestions in September about what we should do and they were all but ignored so I said there and then I'm not going on pincipal. Some others said the same things but backed out. :rolleyes:

I fought the system to the bitter end and was rewarded when the next day - the last day - we had food with the teachers and I was rewarded with my awards in front of everyone, standing alone as it always has been and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    I moved to schools for 6th from.
    - They had a 'prom' last year, but i dont know what that all wore thb.

This year, and the end of 6th form we have a 'going down ball' to which we (the lads) have to ware a white shirt, bow tie, and jacket.
    - So im just going to hire the lot from debenams for £30 (student deal)

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    lol our prom has a tradition of gettin gatecrashed, but i've already nominated myself in charge, as noone at school seemed to care, i spose we have got two yrs but these things take planning, lol so when my exams finish on monday i'm gonna start arranging, lol

ReputationRep:
    we dont have one since we are a girls skl, but i think we have one in the sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    ALL GIRL SKOOLZ ROCK!

ReputationRep:
    were a boys skl, we merge with our sister school in y13 for the prom

ReputationRep:
    our prom is 24th june....
    suits n dresses .........
    gna be cool
    peeps hirin limos and after party too
    dinner n wine etc

ReputationRep:
    we don't have a prom because it's an all boys school...mostly everyone stays on at 6th form anyways...at the end of year 13 all we have is a stupid "leavers lunch".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeerHS)
    we don't have a prom because it's an all boys school...mostly everyone stays on at 6th form anyways...at the end of year 13 all we have is a stupid "leavers lunch".
    lol a leavers lunch, well you could arrange to do something better, lol thats wha ti gonna do

ReputationRep:
    We don't have a prom because we're a girl's school. There's no sixth form either so everyone goes their separate ways and there's no leaver's thing at all which is quite sad Ohhh i wanna prom now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *lozza*)
    We don't have a prom because we're a girl's school. There's no sixth form either so everyone goes their separate ways and there's no leaver's thing at all which is quite sad Ohhh i wanna prom now.
    lol you could have arranged something

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.