Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have a prom (all girls school), we had a leavers breakfast after easter instead lol. Twas rubbish - just an excuse for them to talk about how 'emotional' it was in the newsletter! I'm moving schools for 6th, but I think both my curent skool and the new one have prom or sumthin at the end of yr13.

ReputationRep:
    we are a girl's school as well but we can invite random boys and i don't think there was even an age limit :d. our teacher just sat at a table in the corner looking bored lol. and me and my friends went in a black and white vintage car cos every1 were obsessed with limos

ReputationRep:
    i thought in england we just call it a leaver's ball? or sumthing like that. and i guess only the yr 13's get that (if u got a 6th form). lol prom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at a girl's skl and we get a prom, tis next week soooo excited andi'm going to wimbledon straight after the after party!!

ReputationRep:
    i spose it jsut depends on what you call it, our school call it the may leavers ball (like uni's may balls)

ReputationRep:
    We wern't allowed one unless we planned it all ourselves, which defeats the point really!!! Anyway, nobody had time to even consider organising one since they only told us about 1 week before the exams started!

ReputationRep:
    hey, i've got a prom on thursday and i think its gonna be wkd. go to a normal comprehensive, but cos there is a good mix of people from chavs to normal peeps then its gonna be verrrrrrrry kewl. btw i love ur idea of a vintage car, a lot of people are obssessed by hummers, limos et al good thinking!!!

It's not gonna really be a black tie event for the guys, cos all im wearing is a nice D&G dark grey shirt, nice red tie and cummerbund. and for the girls its all frocks (and probably some shocks hahhahah god that's such a cliche lol) so i can't wait for it, cos u'll see ur friends, and there's gonna be lots of afterparties which is also very good. it's wierd how not that many people have proms etc or just have crappy little breakfasts etc. i think we deserve it after these stupid exams!!!!!!

Have a great summer,

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    We had our prom on Friday 13th May at this banquetting suite which was really nice. The school doesn't normally do one, it's just some pupils decided to go, and although I wasn't sure whether I could be bothered, I really enjoyed it. It was pretty smart the, and I wore a pretty gothic number. Black shoes, trousers and jacket, a dark blue shirt, and a cool purple/blue tie. It looked pretty cool on me anyway I think. The only bad thing was that there wasn't any alcohol (one of the teachers was invited since he kind of advertised it in assemblies and stuff), and it finished at 12.30, so it wasn't an all night stand (at 5'6'' I don't really stand a chance of getting served anywhere, but it was still cool and I got to show off my "amazing" dancing skills. Quite a few turned up in limos, a few came in their parents flashy cars and best of all, one group got a pink Hermes. Anyway it was pretty fun I thought though a tad emotional.

ReputationRep:
    We had our prom on 20th may too.

ReputationRep:
    We tried to but wern't allowed due to security reasons. wtf? lol

ReputationRep:
    Our proms on the 28th June. Right after the business studies thing which my friends are taking. We got a yearbook 2... spose 2 be suits and dresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    we dont have one, coz most people stay on for sixth form, so we have like a proper (LEGAL DRINKiNG, lol) one at the end or y13
    yeah we have something similar (its in sixth form)but mine will be in october-november time (and we have one the following year as well we get two ) and i plan to have my braces off for it xoxo

ReputationRep:
    My school's throwing a prom on the 3rd of July (probably because the venue is a lot cheaper on a Sunday), though it was nearly cancelled due to lack of interest. I think the dress code is smart/casual and most people I know are going in casual suits or dresses. Does anyone else get a meal at their prom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali p)
    We wern't allowed one unless we planned it all ourselves, which defeats the point really!!! Anyway, nobody had time to even consider organising one since they only told us about 1 week before the exams started!

lol dito so we took it in out own hands n it will rock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwardmonk89)
    My school's throwing a prom on the 3rd of July (probably because the venue is a lot cheaper on a Sunday), though it was nearly cancelled due to lack of interest. I think the dress code is smart/casual and most people I know are going in casual suits or dresses. Does anyone else get a meal at their prom?

we had the whole meal thing in y11 IT SUCKED! wasted time

so this tym we organised it n it has a buffet!

ReputationRep:
    In yr 11 we had one, it wasn't very good to say the least, there was no alcohol even though a couple of people had drinks before, very few people were even tipsy, I woulda got drunk given the opportunity lol. I wore what I would wear on a night out clubbing, a smart/casual shirt and black clubbing pants with black shoes. Unfortunately I blew my 'budget' on the clothes so had to wear my school shoes lol. I would say about 2/3 of the guys wore suites, weirdos lol.

Now I'm in a sixth form college (almost finished ), they are apparantly having one in December, I doubt I will go, I must know about 20-30 people well enough to talk to and really imagine it being rather boring, who knows maybe I will go if I am bored enough around that time lol, I'd assume dress for that would be smart/ casual.

I have more fun out with my friends/ gf, but yeah I guess if you know lots of people etc. then it would be good, I'm definetly glad I went to my school one even though it sucked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    We had our prom on 20th may too.
    cool

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on saturday at the town hall. I doubt we'll fit everybody in though... I go to an all girls school so we get to invite our own dates. Also, the organiser is a girl in my year and told them we were sixth form leavers so we can use the bar haha. So basically, it's gonna be kinda crap, with it being so small and people stumbling into a drunken state as the night goes on, but we'll make the most of dressing up and dancing stupidly .

ReputationRep:
    19th of May our prom was and it was formal.

ReputationRep:
    we have ours formal and we have to organise everything ourselves, the school dont want anything to do with it since they dont want to fork out a bill if anythings smashed, but we get freedom no teachers or anythin like that anything goes at ours....students strip for bottles of vodka and everything (when they absolutely hammered!) lol xoxo

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.