Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i've just got out of my exam and was just wondering how everyone thought they had done. I did Volpone and Blake. What question did everyone choose for Blake? I did the religion one but now am abit scared that i've done it wrong I think i have used the wrong poems and maybe waffled abit too much. What poems would you say were appropriate for the religion question? I used tyger but i didnt go into too much detail as I ran out of time...I also looked at both Holy Thursday's, London and the Chimney sweeper. I kind of went off on one about children, charity, church and establishment...maybe drifted off the point! now i'm scared argh!

ReputationRep:
    hi i did the balke religion question, and waffled alot at the beginning, it was a pain really because all the good religious poems and good in the context of his critcism of the church, not his own beliefs.... so i think i kind of criticised the church a little too much in mine

but i wrote about his divine human thing = 'The Divine Image' and 'The Lamb'
    and i mentioned him disliking mystery= 'A Little Boy Lost'
    then i ranted about bad church = 'Garden of Love' but i think i lost focus here
    and erm i mentioned swendenborg oh and i wrote about how he believed people who born innocent and then corrupted and used ' Infant Joy' for that.

i also put random snippets of other poems quotes in, but limited this because i thought they might not like that! i was really peeved with the fact we were limited though, because a big thing of blake is contrast and you cant really show alot of contrast with just 5 poems lol.

Ah well it could have been worse
    and the Othello questions were lovely would have done them both Did the willow scene one though as i knew lots about that, but i dont think i portrayed my knowledge very well, never do in exams! we can see

ReputationRep:
    I criticised the church too much! I really didnt want a question on religion lol but nevermind it's all over now.

ReputationRep:
    well i saw the religion question and i was like welll.... its ok..... i could do it but dont really want to,

then i saw the romantic question and i was like.. RELIGION! Lmao

ReputationRep:
    haha same here! i would of loved a question on pain and suffering hehe but it wasn't meant to be

ReputationRep:
    I did the religion question, I think I focused too much on him being angry with established christianity for different reasons, rather than focusing on his own beliefs. grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    I did the religion question too, i used holy thursday and little boy lost & found to talk about blakes criticisms of the established church and his personal beliefs about God and the value of children/innocence. I also did malfi and don't think that went too well, not enough quotes to back up my points so it sounded a bit like waffle

ReputationRep:
    well i guess they cant really ask a question about religion and not expect to be bombarded with his critcisms of the Church lol, i think i tried to tie it all in in a feeble kind of way by saying 'blakes criticisms of the Church show the extent to which his own beliefs differed from convetional ones' or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    i did othello and keats, and the questions were simply fantastic!
    the question on escaping from the harsh realitys of life, is really similar to the one that i praticed on about escaping the vulgar material world a few years back. the questions were really good for othello too! anyone else think so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachplatt)
    I did the religion question, I think I focused too much on him being angry with established christianity for different reasons, rather than focusing on his own beliefs. grrrr!
    Aw, I did the exact opposite! I said too much about his own personal religion and not enough about the evangelicals and so on :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I loved that exam. The question about Othello was perfect as he was the only character I knew really well, and 4 of the 5 poems I had learned (Lamb, Tyger, Holy Thursday x 2) were about religion, and also included Garden of Love. I am happy.

ReputationRep:
    I think it went really well. Wrote about sex and violence in the Duchess of Malfi - perfect question! - and then Romanticism in Blake. I was torn between the two Blake questions, because I would have liked to have written about BLake's religious ideas, but didn't like the idea of being limited to only five poems.

ReputationRep:
    I did Othello, For which I did the question on him as a victim or tragic hero and Wordsworth, for which I did the question on childhood. I found it really difficult, I think I waffled too much and didn't mention Language enough for Wordsworth. Othello wasn't too bad, but im not sure how i've done, although I don't think as well as I would have liked to or needed too

ReputationRep:
    gosh am i the only one that did blake the romantic

ReputationRep:
    i thought it went pretty well. i did the religion one for blake as i didn't know any other romantic poets to talk about it convincingly. i flukely had done the exact same essay as one of my practice ones so i was happy, although i did feel restricted by the 5 poem limitation (i sneaked in 1 or 2 extra quotes for comparison but they weren't my main focus so i hope it's ok!)

I also did Merchant of Venice and i did the comedy or tragedy question which was also perfect as i had done it before as well! i may have waffled a little though and i'm not sure i presented a strong enough argument but in general pretty alright!

ReputationRep:
    I thought is was ok. I did Blake and Othello and i think the practice exam papers we've done were way harder.

ReputationRep:
    apparently you are thez.... and your hand motions to tell me the answers the question were atrocious!!! how did textiles go matey...?
    romanticism question...your mad

ReputationRep:
    how much did you guys write? I wrote 3 and a bit sides for each question and i think it might not have been enough?

ReputationRep:
    hey lizzy, i happened to think the romantic question was way either, plus i was neither restristed to 5 poems and could not go of track.

ahhh i tell you my hnd now hurts... i tell ya a three hour paper is so not fun, especially when your in a hot room.

ps. i saw mis mandler after school (since i finished around 4) as we thought she loved the question. Othello the tragic hero!!

ReputationRep:
    The Othello question was great, the Keats question was also good, but I'm sure I'd have done much better if I'd have had time to revise. Meh, nemind anyway - I was surprised how much I could write.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.