Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone other than me does this module?! even the search field couldn't find any info.

The exam is Friday afternoon and i have the whole module to get through yet as well as revising for my Biology synoptic paper.

How is everyone else finding revision for this? plus any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Obiviously just me then, only 2 days to go...

ReputationRep:
    the exams friday morning isnt it? we're doing that module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyrose)
    the exams friday morning isnt it? we're doing that module.
    Yeah tomorrow morning, and i'm not looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I've got it as well.

Any ideas to what the essays could be on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-Man)
    Yeh I've got it as well.

Any ideas to what the essays could be on?
    No ideas whatsoever, just gotta know a broad amount of content but not a huge amount of detail according to the syllabus.

It is going to be really hard though and i'm not looking forward to it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't too bad . . .

What did everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    Nah the questions were pretty straight forward. Didn't like the wording of the 'aims of nationalists' so crossed out and jst did the q on industrialisation and the turning points q (so 19 and 20)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spikerocker)
    Nah the questions were pretty straight forward. Didn't like the wording of the 'aims of nationalists' so crossed out and jst did the q on industrialisation and the turning points q (so 19 and 20)
    I did the same, missed out the aims bit and started to write that essay then i realised and did 19 and 20 instead, I really hope I have done enough for a B, History is my weakest subject.

ReputationRep:
    Yep had this today - thought the questions were pretty easy compared to what they have been in the past. I could have done all three, usually theres at least one I wouldn't have liked to touch.

In the end opted for the industrialisation one, which was nice because got to bring in all the Blackbourne & Eley stuff on uneven development and also the aims of nationalists which lended itself nicely to a thematic approach. The only worry I had with the turning point quetion was how not to take a chronological approach and examine first Bismarck 1862 then 1834, 1848, 1655, 1870-71, 1878-9 etc.

Had big fears about this exam but pretty happy about it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    In the end opted for the industrialisation one, which was nice because got to bring in all the Blackbourne & Eley stuff on uneven development
    Come again Blackbourne and Eley??? who the hell are they?
    Do not scare me like this!

ReputationRep:
    Just some historians that I've read... nothing essential but some interesting ideas that I've found are relevant to most titles.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.