The Student Room Group

What's The Most Expensive Beauty Product You Use?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Excluding perfume and make-up, I'd say the most expensive products I use are my face wash and moisturizer. I use Carita Paris face wash (£48.50) and MD moisturizer (£53).
dignity
Excluding perfume and make-up, I'd say the most expensive products I use are my face wash and moisturizer. I use Carita Paris face wash (£48.50) and MD moisturizer (£53).

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! They must be amazing, yes?
Reply 22
perfume for about £75 :dontknow:
i don't spend that much on beauty products..
Well, my moisturiser is a Liz Earle one, bout thirty quid. Chanel powder is about twenty five quid.I don't buy cheap products generally!!
I use Benefit Boi-ing concealer but I buy that new on ebay so it's a bit cheaper than it retails in the shops. Perfume I usually get as christmas/birthday presents. I buy 2 shades of mineral foundation so I can mix them together, annoyingly I can never get away with just buying one shade. They cost £24 but will last me a year. Everything else I'd say is fairly inexpensive.
£70 Coco Mademoiselle
But my absolutely TINY Clinique mascara cost me £14.50 :shifty:
Reply 26
Haven't got any yet (it's on my Xmas wish list though!) but if I get some my most expensive will be Crème de La Mer's Refining Facial. Best. Face Mask. Ever. Shame it's £58 :frown: The way I look at it, though is that I've paid for facials in salons which don't work as well as this stuff, and you probably would only get 2-4 facials in salons for that price, whereas you only need a tiny amount of the Refining Facial each time, so it's better value for money in the end since one tube would probably last ages.

I also just bought some Prescriptives foundation and concealer, and the two products together were £36 (would have been £40 if not for my sister's student discount).
Either my clinique foundation or YSL touche eclat, i can't remember which one is more expensive. I've always spent far too much on beauty products, i guess when i go to uni i'll definately have to budget alot more!
Reply 28
Angelil
I also just bought some Prescriptives foundation and concealer, and the two products together were £36 (would have been £40 if not for my sister's student discount).

Where did you get your Prescriptives to get a student discount? :eek: Does everywhere do that? I need a new foundation because Rimmel have changed their Stay Matte one and now it's horrible.

The most I spend on general routine products is about £11-£12 on Max Factor mascara. That's my only regular expensive indulgence! The most I've ever spent as a one off was probably the Prescriptives foundation I had before which was £22. I don't want to go back to it but I need something that I know works until I find a new cheap one :frown:
I paid about £150 each, for my four custom-filled 15-pan MAC eyeshadow palettes, which I purchased in New Zealand (where MAC is unfortunately much more expensive!).

I own four of them, I guess £600 is a little excessive by most people's standards for eyeshadow, but makeup is my one indulgence and hobby :-)
Reply 30
5lb bag of super chalk: 15 quid.

When your a climber, being covered in chalk is a fashion statement :biggrin:
Reply 31
Nivea Moisturiser - £6.

I'm a classy young metrosexual man with expensive taste. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
YSL Parisienne, about £45 a bottle but its the nicest perfume i've ever had
I bought the urban decay book of shadows vol 2 today which was £27 so thats probably the most i've ever spent on a single cosmetic item
Economy soap.
It's extravagant.
Reply 34
Redken hair masks cost over £20. Worth it though.

I've never understood the benefit hype: the products have cute packaging that is all, the quality isnt great and the size of their lipglosses is ridiculous.
Reply 35
The most I've spent is £22 on the MAC studio sculpt foundation. It works wonders though and will last me a good 2 years. £17.50 for a scrub is abit much for me - I would never spend that much on one!
Reply 36
£19.50 for my clinique foundation which lasts 6-9 months. £11 eye shadow, £12.50 eye liner pot (both MAC). And apparently my perfume was £62. All but the foundation were presents from my Mum. Gosh I love her.
Reply 37
star_violet
I paid about £150 each, for my four custom-filled 15-pan MAC eyeshadow palettes, which I purchased in New Zealand (where MAC is unfortunately much more expensive!).

I own four of them, I guess £600 is a little excessive by most people's standards for eyeshadow, but makeup is my one indulgence and hobby :-)

So that's ten pounds per eyeshadow, not toooo bad I suppose. They're about 10 pounds each to by them single aren't they? You must have an amazing ange of colours *envious*
I'm not sure, but my powder is like £17.50 (MAC MSFN), I'm sure I've spent more but I can't think of anything atm.
Reply 39
£27 on foundation, £30 on bronzer, £18 on lipgloss, £15 on nail polish..

Quick Reply

Latest