Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Howd it go? Did you like the unseens?

The interview was crap, I could harldy think of what to put for it. the poem wasnt bad, I linked it in with Yellow wallpaper, both showing oppression of some sort. But I completely threw away my structure, which I promised myself I would keep to...meh. As a result, it was really untidy

And only had time for a twenty minute commentary :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Owwww! My hand hurts now ^_^. I wrote quite a bit for the first question, got everything I could think of. I didn't like the poem - too short, not a lot to say . The interview was alright, I compared it to the Radiohead interview/article.

I had kind of a random structure, I compared Lear and Yellow Wallpaper to the Text 7 and I compared Text 6 to Radiohead and some brief references to the psychology text book. Should be alright. I was rushing at the end for the commentary. I should have left a few more minutes for that, but I managed to get down my main points about context and New Historical approach: Marxism, feminism, linguistic approach to back it up etc.

Bleh, I think I did enough for an A, but I felt the Othello exam went a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    I was like YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! the transcript was awsome, it showed attitudes of someone with experience and also showed that mentaly ill people can be professionals (link with text 4 and text 5). Also it linked to text 3 and 5 in the sense it was interaction based on interviewer and a subject, just in different forms. Not only that, it had lots of respext and sympathy not in texts 1-4 and only linkable to text 5.

Text 7 the poem was pretty bad. I wrote only a page for that. I wrote it had no title, which meant the poem was obviously trying to be confusing and therefore my reader responce was effected greatly, because without knowing much about the poem and with no explination, this is all I could rely on. I linked it to text 2 (yellow wallpaper) because of the confusion and apparent anger and oppersites. I also said that maybe the reader was trying to get you to be confused and commented I did not have enough time to use this poem to the best of my ability, but if I did I would use deconstruction to gain meaning.
    I then compared texts 6 and 4, then 3 and 5 and then 1 and 2 whilst making links from text 4 as a coathanger and then bought back texts 2 and 7.

In my question 2 I commented on 7 critisms I used throughout. I also explained why I chose all 7 texts, I said I believed I could do it and that I personally believed that every text had relavent contributions to the question, which I believed where needed for a successful answer. I again the fact my reader responce was greatly weakened by my non-understanding of poem 7, however I decided that maybe this was how it was meant to be and part of reader responce is that meaning can change after another read. I then commented on the fact I would use deconstruction to gain in depth meaning if given more time.
    I then rounded it off saying I approached question 1 using my own attitudes and values as well as what I picked up from the texts. I tried to comment on the different types of mental differences shown in a good and bad light.

Obviously lots of other stuff including a lengthy introduction and conclusion.

I wrote 14 pages and hopefully that is enough to get me my C in this module to give me a B overall ^^ - that is my only aim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    I was like YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! the transcript was awsome, it showed attitudes of someone with experience and also showed that mentaly ill people can be professionals (link with text 4 and text 5). Also it linked to text 3 and 5 in the sense it was interaction based on interviewer and a subject, just in different forms. Not only that, it had lots of respext and sympathy not in texts 1-4 and only linkable to text 5.

Text 7 the poem was pretty bad. I wrote only a page for that. I wrote it had no title, which meant the poem was obviously trying to be confusing and therefore my reader responce was effected greatly, because without knowing much about the poem and with no explination, this is all I could rely on. I linked it to text 2 (yellow wallpaper) because of the confusion and apparent anger and oppersites. I also said that maybe the reader was trying to get you to be confused and commented I did not have enough time to use this poem to the best of my ability, but if I did I would use deconstruction to gain meaning.
    I then compared texts 6 and 4, then 3 and 5 and then 1 and 2 whilst making links from text 4 as a coathanger and then bought back texts 2 and 7.

In my question 2 I commented on 7 critisms I used throughout. I also explained why I chose all 7 texts, I said I believed I could do it and that I personally believed that every text had relavent contributions to the question, which I believed where needed for a successful answer. I again the fact my reader responce was greatly weakened by my non-understanding of poem 7, however I decided that maybe this was how it was meant to be and part of reader responce is that meaning can change after another read. I then commented on the fact I would use deconstruction to gain in depth meaning if given more time.
    I then rounded it off saying I approached question 1 using my own attitudes and values as well as what I picked up from the texts. I tried to comment on the different types of mental differences shown in a good and bad light.

Obviously lots of other stuff including a lengthy introduction and conclusion.

I wrote 14 pages and hopefully that is enough to get me my C in this module to give me a B overall ^^ - that is my only aim.
    I didn't really understand the poem either, that's the problem with short, complex poems . If you don't understand it you're screwed .

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so it was just me who buggered up good and proper then!!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, probably not. This paper is generally done badly... hence the low percentage of raw marks for an A (60% last year I think). But you always do better than you think you did anyway ^_^.

ReputationRep:
    Only part I worry about (not worry cause its small) is that someone said that text 6 isn't a transcript... because its from a book. Oh well.... I wrote the transcript of an interview... maybe that will halp my cause
    Again, not worryed because I think I did enough for a C

ReputationRep:
    poem was pretty crappy

Really sane people more insane then ill people thats what I wrote!!!

open eye, you will see it makes sense - yea that was there, because of the way they said those who look at it (somethingly) get it (somethingly) I werote about that part as well and it also said maybe sanity doesn't m,ake sense... this was the contrasting part of a poem leading to meaning...

At the end it says as soon as you gain sanity you lost it and need to be looked after by chains because you are dangerous... thats pretty much exactly what I wrote any way

maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought I did with it XD

ReputationRep:
    My hand hurts too!

Bloody poem-- yuck...I'll have failed that bit

ReputationRep:
    oh well i messed up as well so dont worry about it lol. i only used two texts to compare (lear and wallpaper) but i did them in depth, i wrote 13 pages and my hand was throbbing lol. I didnt understand about the poem at all, i wrote about 3 paragraphs and just guessed completely.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if we all do badly in the poem ...they'll feel sorry for us!! And erm give us high marks!!! NOT!

ReputationRep:
    actually sexysax if everyone did badly tou will technically get extra marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybobs)
    oh well i messed up as well so dont worry about it lol. i only used two texts to compare (lear and wallpaper) but i did them in depth, i wrote 13 pages and my hand was throbbing lol. I didnt understand about the poem at all, i wrote about 3 paragraphs and just guessed completely.
    ditto except did text 5 not lear....buy yeah 13 pages etc etc

ReputationRep:
    ooooh also AATTMM glad you linked 6 and 5 together! had been hoping soemone else did. they have similar views, experiences and syptoms was my general link, then i just blabed to support it...

ReputationRep:
    :-( I can't stop crying. I've never fainted in my life!!

ReputationRep:
    wow... Grace what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz87)
    ooooh also AATTMM glad you linked 6 and 5 together! had been hoping soemone else did. they have similar views, experiences and syptoms was my general link, then i just blabed to support it...
    Well hypomania/mania are just crying out to be compared ^_^.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the paper very much either, it could have gone better-but it could also have gone much worse!
    I started off by saying I was going to look at how attitudes/ values to mental illness/thinking differently have changed over the years.
    I then compared text 1 and 2 coz they could both be read in a femenist way, they both used pathetic fallacy/Symbolism to represent madness (and coz they are the 2 oldest texts, therefore there should be some similarity in the way attitudes and values are portrayed).
    I linked them to Text 7 in that the context was similar, and that text 2 and 7 were both rebelling against the current attitudes to mental illness/thinking differently. I linked text 7 to text 4 (my coathanger text) because they were both saying that mental illness is hard to define.
    I then linked text 4 to text 6 coz they were both more modern and presented a more enlightened view of mental illness/thinking differently and said that this could be a positive thing. I then compared this to the other texts, especially text 1 (which I linked back to text 4, The fool talks about heretics being burnt- I linked this to the comments about how social difference was used as a sign of madness in text 4).
    To finish off I summarised what I had said, then said that it showed how attitudes and values have changed an we now value those who think differently.

I am still quite worried though, coz I don't think I put in enough linguistic stuff. I did talk about structure a little bit, and about politeness principles etc in Text 6, but I didn't think a lot of it was relevant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.