The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They make children when they can't afford and then beg for money, and humans are greedy vile beings?
35mm_
the amount of hatred towards them on this site, and in real life, is astounding.

Just because somebody chooses to lead a different lifestyle to yours doesn't make them horrible people :mad:

I agree. Some gypsies are really nice people, some aren't. But some people choose to generalise the lot of them.

I like the idea of total freedom. :smile:
I'd prefer people to get a job, work hard for their money and lifestyle, not steal, and not attempt to put curses on me when I won't buy an overpriced item. Thanks.
Reply 4
i completely agree
narrow minded people who cant relate to another culture
TWF
They make children when they can't afford and then beg for money, and humans are greedy vile beings?

It doesn't take long.
AdviceSeeker09
I'd prefer people to get a job, work hard for their money and lifestyle, not steal, and not attempt to put curses on me when I won't buy an overpriced item. Thanks.

Er, all gypsies steal now?
35mm_
Er, all gypsies steal now?

Maybe not all, just a vast majority. I may be being stereotypical, but it's my opinion. Bite me.
You fall in love with them, but they prefer your half formed adoptive-son who you keep locked away in a church.

Damnit! I'll just burn down France as a completely rational response to my rejection!
Can't trust someone who doesn't have a home.
My entire knowledge of gypsies comes from the movie Borat, so I really can't say.
AdviceSeeker09
Maybe not all, just a vast majority. I may be being stereotypical, but it's my opinion. Bite me.

you know, most are just travellers. I'd love that lifestyle.
Reply 12
I take it this thread is in response to my comment about the guys in the white van??

Generally speaking, gypsies and pikeys get lumped into one group. Real gypsies aren't so bad, but pikeys are the scum of the earth, they steal, fight, rob, and leave their sh*t all over my area:mad:

It doesn't make them horrible people, just criminals :p:

But seriously, have you ever seen or heard of gypsies / pikeys and "house dwellers" (I resisted the urge to call them normal people, so as not to offend :rolleyes: ) co-exising peacefully and harmoniously?? I very much doubt it...
gypsies are not good for the environment they cause trouble and are like animals i treat them like a dog if i see them because they attack me so i throw rock at the gypsies
Reply 14
It depends what you mean by gypsy, most gypsies don't live in caravans or anything like that, they live in small communities within cities and work as normal. They're more a religious group than anything else, like the jehovah's witness's almost in there desire for solitude, but they're normally peaceful and polite people. Although they do have some odd customs.
Probably more to do with the fact that they trespass onto people's land, squat there for months while you're left dealing with all the stupid intricacies of getting them legally off the land you own, during which time they trash the field, leaving loads of rubbish and human waste, vandalising and stealing from the surrounding area.

Lovely.
dunnoaboutme
gypsies are not good for the environment they cause trouble and are like animals i treat them like a dog if i see them because they attack me so i throw rock at the gypsies

Uneducated fool? Besides, I don't condone Animal or Human abuse. Thanks.
i don't care, tbh :indiff:
I agree, people create stereotypes about them based on a few stories they've heard. They ignore the gypsies who don't cause any harm because no-one talks about them.
35mm_
you know, most are just travellers. I'd love that lifestyle.

Yeah, it would be good. But then again, a traveller doesn't have to force cheap goods upon you, or leave wherever they stay a mess, or try to steal from a caravan place. :s-smilie: (I've had experience of this).
Also, if your going to travel, make sure you have enough money beforehand? If your living off other peoples handouts, I think that could be classed as being a tramp?

Latest

Trending

Trending