Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel (nuffield-BP) business studies & econ perspective watch

ReputationRep:
    how did you all find it?
    i though it would be easier than paper3 but no! but think it was okie although i kinda made up all the answers..

i cant wait until the 25th of august..lol

ReputationRep:
    Actually I found it harder than the first paper, again I would have apreciated an extra 15 minutes as I was writing up until the very end.

Was it me or did you actually need a lot less business knowledge in that paper? Like, the long questions at the end, were just weighing up the advantages and disadvantages from the evidence they'd given you?

Or maybe I did it all wrong. :confused:

Anyway, roll on august 25th!

ReputationRep:
    i used so little business knowledge (that we studied in class) in this paper! i just use the evidence and my own knowledge..such as the privacy thing

i chose question 1 and 2..how about u?

ReputationRep:
    1 and 3.

I saw the demand and supply question on Section 3 and thought, wahay, 8 easy marks! So I did that one.

ReputationRep:
    when i saw the euro i was like perhaps i would
    but then sth about the fishermen put me off

ReputationRep:
    i totally agree!!!!! this paper was actually quite wierd when comparing it with past papers, there were a lot of 4 mark questions and then just a 12 mark question at the end. i did 1 and 2. btw for gross profit margin did anyone get 33.3% i did 5/15 x 100, but that's wrong me thinks loololol and for mark up i got 300 % as it was 30/10 x 100 or sommit like that. anyway i wrote the formulae right at the top, so i would get at least 2 marks. anyway, i thort this year it was very wierd, with the sources or evidence at the top of the pages....verryyy queeer!

But it wasn't as nice as the last paper, but it wasnt thatbad. i was totally pushed for time, but hey, it was still kewl. i totally agree with jamie, an extra 15 minutes would have been faaaannnnnnnnntassssstique!!!! as i could have properly checked everything. The work seemed to relate more to year 10 than anything especially with all the branding questions with competitive advanatage, USPs, added value etc.

I also thort that the break even chart thingy was wierd, lol !!! i did it tho, which was kewl, and im happy about that question as well.

Question 3 put me off cos i hate those types of questions lol and what was up with the fishermen.!!!

RUDY!!!!!!! I CAN't BELIEVE IT NO MORE EXAMS!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i got 33.3% for the gross profit margin but 200% for the mark up..um...

lucky you,i still got one more exam to go :motz:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.