Turn on thread page Beta

Getting rid of Hiccups watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELP! I've been hiccupping for about 15 mins now! They just won't stop! How do I get rid of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    HELP! I've been hiccupping for about 15 mins now! They just won't stop! How do I get rid of them!
    drink a full glass of water in one go!

ReputationRep:
    teaspoon of vinegar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    teaspoon of vinegar
    vinegar! never heard of that

ReputationRep:
    or dont breath for a minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    vinegar! never heard of that
    lol...it's disgusting but works

ReputationRep:
    or get sum1 2 scare the s**t out of u!

ReputationRep:
    [/font=20]boo[font]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    or get sum1 2 scare the s**t out of u!
    yeah that works but by the time uve arranged that u'll already know whats it's about...

ReputationRep:
    Take a piece of a thread and chew on it, dunt ask questions, do it if u need them to go, they will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    [/font=20]boo[font]
    ah well, worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Hold your breath for 15 minutes. That normally cures it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    It probably does!! hahaha...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    u mean death cures it!

ReputationRep:
    Stand on your hands perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabzp)
    yeah that works but by the time uve arranged that u'll already know whats it's about...
    true

ReputationRep:
    the only scientifically proven way to get rid of hicups is to breathe into a paper bag (or i guerss plastic without holes) for a while

ReputationRep:
    My method, which works for me and everybody I have taught it to (go me) is to really concentrate hard on the hiccups. Say to yourself "I wonder what it feels like to hiccup and know it is going to happen" and then you won't hiccup anymore, because you're concentrating on it happening so hard! Just as a watched pot never boils, a concentrating hiccuper never hiccups. Try it, you might like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the only scientifically proven way to get rid of hicups is to breathe into a paper bag (or i guerss plastic without holes) for a while
    get someone to prod you on your back on the right side around your diaphragm. if they hit a certain point they go... sounds odd, but i got them in philosophy the other week and a guy did that to me and they did go.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    The method that ALWAYS works for me is to distrub your normal breathing pattern for about a minute. Start breathing really fast, then slow, then deep and slow, the shallow and fast etc etc - completely random. Has never failed.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.