Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the overall grade boundaries for higher? The coursework is worth 60% and the written is worth 40%. Someone told me its 90% for an A* and 85% for an A. Are the boundaries really this high?

-Thanks in advance for anyone who gets the grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    I am stupid... I got G in the coursework because I didn't give a damn and done fk all... Yet I reckon I killed the paper hardcore prob gettin near maximum marks

ReputationRep:
    i'm ocr and they are WAY lower, so surely they cant be that high, on ocr its something like 50% B

ReputationRep:
    This is AQA, I think generally the boundaries are higher. Anyway hopefully someone knows the boundaries. I will be pissed off if the boundaries above are true. I put in effort in my coursework so I didn't have to revise much for the exam. I ended up with 57% out of the 60, hoping I would only need 20% out of the fourty in the exam. If it turns out that the boundaries are really high, I will end up with a B. Which is pretty pathetic considering how much effort I put into the coursework. I would accept a B if I didn't put in as much effort. My workrate deserves so much more!

ReputationRep:
    right goin by last yrs

out of 350 total (paper and coursework)

317 - A*
    286 -A
    255 - B
    224 - C
    177 - D

ReputationRep:
    A*- 90%
    A- 81%
    B - 73%
    C - 64%
    D - 51%

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so my mate was right. 81% for an A, 90% for an A*? I'm gonna stuggle either of them.

ReputationRep:
    ill have to hope i can get an A, i know i was borderline A/B on the coursework

ReputationRep:
    Maca, you need 75% on the paper to get an A. 100% on the paper won't get you an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laker_Fan)
    Wow, so my mate was right. 81% for an A, 90% for an A*? I'm gonna stuggle either of them.
    lol that is high, although i shoould know i'm with them for 9 of my exams lol

ReputationRep:
    AQA suck. Even for French they suck. Any AQA subject I do sucks with grading. I found out a random fact about the AQA and OCR comparrison. 51% of the people who do OCR French get an A*-C compared to a low 32% who do AQA French get an A*-C.

Bottom line is that if you do OCR or exam boards with similar boundaries, you have nearly double the chance of achieving the grade you want than if you do AQA.

ReputationRep:
    lol i wish i did more ocr than just two,lol, edexcel are just random i do two witht them too.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.