Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is any other 6th form college as insane as mine? We've just finished our AS's last week and we've started the A2 courses this week, doesn't that seem a bit strange?
    I mean I know there's a lot to fit in if we start back in September but surely that's what most people do? Plus no one is really in the right frame of mind to work to the best of their ability after just finishing exams, well that's what I think anyway.
    Does anywhere else actually do this!?

ReputationRep:
    Nah that's totally normal after we finished our ASs last year we started A2, not that I remembered anything I'd learnt after the summer.

ReputationRep:
    woo! i'm as insane as you... had my last exam last week and this week started A2. its totally pointless, cos we have to go to subjects we r plannin to drop AND do work (!) its soooooo random!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_meiow)
    Nah that's totally normal after we finished our ASs last year we started A2, not that I remembered anything I'd learnt after the summer.
    Ah right, I thought it was strange cause nowhere else round here seems to do it, then again saying that there is only one other college and the rest are schooly ones so it's like different for them I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    woo! i'm as insane as you... had my last exam last week and this week started A2. its totally pointless, cos we have to go to subjects we r plannin to drop AND do work (!) its soooooo random!
    I know yeah cause I KNOW what subject I'm dropping even if I fail all the others but still they make us go to it, I think it's a mild form of torture, my other A2 General Studies exam is on thursday as well so it's all a big mess really!!

ReputationRep:
    its pathetic... i have 2 history essays due in necxt week, even though i'm dropping it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    its pathetic... i have 2 history essays due in necxt week, even though i'm dropping it!
    I'm trying to ignore the History work i've been set, which is stupid of me as I'm definitely keeping it!
    This is even worse though, I have to go on a trip round town tomorrow with the English Lang dept. doing coursework research when I know I'm not doing it! It's a waste of a whole day hee hee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what_a_shambles)
    Is any other 6th form college as insane as mine? We've just finished our AS's last week and we've started the A2 courses this week, doesn't that seem a bit strange?
    I mean I know there's a lot to fit in if we start back in September but surely that's what most people do? Plus no one is really in the right frame of mind to work to the best of their ability after just finishing exams, well that's what I think anyway.
    Does anywhere else actually do this!?
    My school does this. I found starting A2 more stressful than exams, because I'd had 13 exams by that point and all I needed was some time off not thinking about A levels! Thank God I don't have to do that this year!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.